• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Antilles328

When do the Penguins implode?

Rate this topic

That's still too long. This waiting is killing me!

And when the good guys are winning, I just hope the bad guys aren't whining! :hockeysmile:

If the wings win I will compliment the Pens, if the Pens win I will compliment them, there are many people like me on here, and there are many who will blame Bettman, the league, Hype for Crosby, etc. But not me.

I have a question, do you have to deal with all of the whining and *** Crosby jokes all the time?

I have only had to put up with it for the past couple of days and it is killing me!! Originality people!!

If the wings win I will compliment the Pens, if the Pens win I will compliment them, there are many people like me on here, and there are many who will blame Bettman, the league, Hype for Crosby, etc. But not me.

I have a question, do you have to deal with all of the whining and *** Crosby jokes all the time?

I have only had to put up with it for the past couple of days and it is killing me!! Originality people!!

Yea, but Crosby's an easy target. Even many hard core Pens fans are sick of the league forcing him down everyone's throats all the time. I'd hate him too if he played for someone else - especially in our division. I love him [insert *** joke here], but I have a 71 jersey myself.

Yes, we have to deal w/ the Cindy Crosby jokes all the time (ie NY Rangers & PHL Cryers series). This wait is killing, can we just play the game on Friday night!

BTW there is a massive difference between a former Ross winner(06), Hart Winner(06), 5 time all star asking for 7 mil (a definite discount, regardless of your playoff opinion of him) and a guy who has won no awards, been an all star exactly 1 time asking for 10 mil.

there's but one thing you omitted in this consideration. Gino M is 20 years old.

literally: twenty. and ripping the league with no signs of concern he'd not be getting

better. this gives him realistically 15-20 years of further NHL career. with what looks

like a complete package delivering timely points in playoffs. add to this the fact that

his English is further going to improve, hence making Malkin even bigger presence

in locker room.

to some point you're right because in current situation Thornton definitely deserves

a higher wages than Malkin. but lets move forward to 09/10 when Gino M will have

his new contract. will it be more or less than Joe's $7.2M? will he be worth this

money?

at current pace of his development I'd say Malkin will be worth similar money with

a long term contract (very likely to happen) or go for soaky >$9M and a 1-2 season

contract.

Especially when it is arguable as to whether or not he is even the best player on his team.

I get your point about Malkin not being greedy but you chose a bad example!

I'd say - at this moment there's still no comparison. but at Malkin's development

pace (he's in his 2nd season only!!!) in a couple of years (4-5 at most to me)

he'd go for league maximum. and rightfully

I don't know alot about the salary cap but wont the Pens balance sheet explode once Sidney/Malkin get past the entry level salary restriction? It looks like they have 41 mil in salary and thats with Malkin and Crosby making under a million each.

Can anyone elaborate on when they will start making the big dollars?

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/

exactly what I was thinking. If we take game 1 and then get a lead in game 2, thats when they will implode.

It'll take more than just the lead to make it happen. Probably right after we chase Fleury out of the net. :P

I don't know alot about the salary cap but wont the Pens balance sheet explode once Sidney/Malkin get past the entry level salary restriction? It looks like they have 41 mil in salary and thats with Malkin and Crosby making under a million each.
They're not making under a million each. Crosby's cap hit is 3.7 million. Malkin's is slightly higher. Edited by Systemfel

Why our organization is better and why the Wings will stay better: Datsyuk makes 6.7mil while Crosby will make 8.7mil. Zetterberg's new contract will probably be around 7mil while Malkin's will be around 9. Thats 4 extra million to spend, thats a LOT of money. Our players take a little less money, and yes even Crosby, if he was all about team and winning the cup, he could have taken 6.7 instead of 8.7.

Why our organization is better and why the Wings will stay better: Datsyuk makes 6.7mil while Crosby will make 8.7mil. Zetterberg's new contract will probably be around 7mil while Malkin's will be around 9. Thats 4 extra million to spend, thats a LOT of money. Our players take a little less money, and yes even Crosby, if he was all about team and winning the cup, he could have taken 6.7 instead of 8.7.

I'm sorry bud but you can't compare Malkin, and Crosby to Datsyuk and Zetterberg. In 3 years when those guys are locked up they will be leading every positive stat sheet in the NHL. The duo is Pittsburgh is the best the NHL will see in a while. So that 4 million difference your talking about is worth every penny.

Edited by Coolio Mendez

I'm sorry bud but you can't compare Malkin, and Crosby to Datsyuk and Zetterberg. In 3 years when those guys are locked up they will be leading every positive stat sheet in the NHL. The duo is Pittsburgh is the best the NHL will see in a while. So that 4 million difference your talking about is worth every penny.

I suppose only time will tell. But this year, I will take Zetterberg and Datsyuk over Crosby and Malkin.

And you may be completely right about them being 'worth it,' but Crosby still could've taken 6.7mil. I still think its a little much if you say you're all about winning.

Edited by redwinger4747

if we go up 2-0 in the series it's over IMO. pens are a young team, havn't faced adversity yet. not a good time to face adversity for the first time in the finals.

I'd really like to think that, but personally I hope that is not what the players think. I remember after the 02' victory, Shanny was talking about winning, and it wasn't when the wings were up 3 games to 1, that they knew they were going to win, it was in the final moments of game 5 when they netted the empty net goal. Think about that, ... that is insane, and crazy that a team as talented as that one wasn't in the mind set that they were about to win the cup untill 30 seconds left in the game. Play to the final buzzer boys!!!

Just an addendum to the "Greedy Russians" debate, don't forget during the 90s a lot of Russian sports stars where being extorted/blackmailed by the Russian Mafia. I remember a court case involving Alexander Mogilny and a couple of other Russian players. When Andrei Kanchelskis left Manchester United for Everton, Alex Ferguson described meeting his agent as "like something out of the Godfather"

But yeah, can't deny that Yashin was a greedy SOB.

Hossa's gone for sure, Malkin could cost HUGE money if he has a good finals, over 10 million probably. They're probably going to have less firepower going into next year, because I'm guessing Malkin, Crosby, and Fleury will cost a combined 25 million. However, I think they have such a good base with those three Malone and Staal that they won't be urt too badly by the departures

:rolleyes:

What is up with the pengiun fans and the rolleyes emotions. They wont say anything in their posts, but just do that emotion. Now please don't do it to me, im already a big enough smartass. I just do not do it in this sort of way :rolleyes:

Edited by Superman54

Really? A $7M discount over 5 years isn't enough? You want him to give up $17M and you think the NHLPA would accept that? Really? :rolleyes:

(is that a better use of the eye roll emoticon superman?)

Really? A $7M discount over 5 years isn't enough? You want him to give up $17M and you think the NHLPA would accept that? Really? :rolleyes:

(is that a better use of the eye roll emoticon superman?)

Seriously, when you look back on your life, would you like to say,

"look at my 3 stanley cups we won with Pittsburgh"

or

"look at the extra 17 million dollars I made with Pittsburgh"

If I was a hockey player (Crosby), I'd be happy with 6.7mil+winning.

Local Pittsburgh radio guys:

Malone, Hossa, Rutuu, Gonchar, Roberts are gone.

Feel free to donate Malone to the Wings. I think he'd be a perfect fit on the Wings. Not as perfect as Staal but there's probably about a one in a million chance the Wings could get Staal anyway. :P

I think that's the crux of it- the NHLPA wasn't going to let Crosby accept a low salary at the time he signed that contract. I fully agree that they'd put up a fuss if Crosby tried signing at something like 6.5 million- that's a pretty low ball value. Just look at Lidstrom- he accepted a near identical salary for his most recent contract as he was paid coming out of the lockout.

They will do a deal with Malkin this summer...but his big money wont kick in until 09-10 (like Sids was worked)...remember..Malkin is under contract next year...

Will we keep everyone?...of course not...but Sid, Geno, Fleury, and Staal will go nowhere...

Theres hope Malone will stay...but as much as I love him...someone will overpay..he had 27 goals skating with Malkin....hes a 20 goal guy with an average=above average center...but someone (Minnesota) will throw 5 mill at him

Lotsa talk about moving either Gonchar or Whitney to save money, being we have Gologoski ready to go from Wilkes Barre (another offensive defenseman)

Laraque and Ruutu can be resigned at or near their current salaries...It will be interesting to see what offers Orpik gets

Hard to really say...we have cap room...but not for long....

They will do a deal with Malkin this summer...but his big money wont kick in until 09-10 (like Sids was worked)...remember..Malkin is under contract next year...

For some reason I think Malkin won't stay. He'll be #1 star on any other team, but at Pit, he'll always be overshadowed by Crosby, even if he is better. I think after he understands it - he'll go.

For some reason I think Malkin won't stay. He'll be #1 star on any other team, but at Pit, he'll always be overshadowed by Crosby, even if he is better. I think after he understands it - he'll go.

Hes RFA after next year...he will have no choice...Pens will match any offer