• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Honest Question for Pitt fans

Rate this topic

The story behind it is that the players wanted it done. Pittsburgh doesn't have any tradition that I am aware of for this. The Steeler's have the terrible towels but they have never done a "gold out" to my knowledge, and neither have the Pens before this season. However my alma mater did this:

white1js9.gif

Why do they have 'White Outs' if the Pens wear black at home? Never understood that. I know back in the day the home team wore white so it made sense, but now the visitors wear white?

esteef

thats a question that alot of people are asking...but it really worked well..it was quite a sight....

I remember Winnipeg doing it...I always liked it...its a matter of white being a contrast color and sticking out...Flyer fans did orange...which was cool....but the white stands out better

If the players requested it, it could be because they do the white out in Wilkes-Barre (AHL) and a bunch of them played for the baby pens. Also, they used to wear white at home. Not really sure, just my guess.

Why do they have 'White Outs' if the Pens wear black at home? Never understood that. I know back in the day the home team wore white so it made sense, but now the visitors wear white?

esteef

There was talk of a black out but there were issues with losing the puck when it was put up on the glass/in the air.

And Turco complained because the shirts were black and the puck was black and, well, you get my drift.

+1...this is actually true because i have heard that the golies can actually see the puck better when everythng is white. dont know how MUCH truth there is to that but it seems logical at least.