• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 4, Penguins 0

Rate this topic

Was it really them playing bad or the Wings dominating? Pens looked better than the Wings in the 1st period, shouldn't our team get some kudos for playing really well in the 2nd and 3rd?

Oh, absolutely. The Wings played a perfect hockey game. I'm just in disbelief over how easy that was. Even when the Wings were only up 1-0, they were in complete control of the game.

What a game by Osgood. WOW. And Sammy! I will never criticize him again. Keep shootin' the puck, big guy!

Very very impressive...despite getting stitched on the first goal, the whole 4 lines rolled very effectively. Sammy actually playing to his potential in his all round game (1/4 inch from a natural hat-trick!), cleary being more comfortable without the mask and scoring a good goal, Kronwall toasting Malone, and stupidly effective puck posession.Will be suprised if we can keep that level of play up, but if so it will be hard for the pens. With Franzen to come in for Mac soon (hopefully) we have a really well balanced line up. Sammy looks much more comfortable on the 3rd line it has to be said...Drapes and Drakes forecheking creates space for him and seems to be rubbing off. Stuart was really good tonight, as was helm. Most complete wings performance in a while, and against real quality opposition.

Pens had 4 sog in the 2nd, 3 sog in the third. wow.

Geez. Possibly the most telling stat of the evening. That just absolutely JUMPS off the page there.

I know. But it's bad mojo. Like you don't touch the Cup until you've won it. Or Lids not touching the Conference trophy. You don't talk about a shutout util the games over.

ok i wont say it again !! sorry :)

I still can't believe that Sammy scored on one of his idiotic patented backhanded moves. I guess there's a first time for everything, huh?

This will give him immunity for the next couple of seasons, since some people here still talk about him winning that game against San Jose all by himself last year.

My wife said it best:

Their egos became deflated when the Wings took the lead, and they became immature, imapatient and it cost them.

Hopefully Sammy's hot hands are okay. Jarko! You know better! I'm was a slight fan of that dirty player, but this is unacceptable.

Pittsburgh was awesome early, but wow, what a game by Ozzy!!!

Perfect game from the Wings tonight. If they play like that the rest of the series it will likely go our way. Great to see Samuelsson and Cleary both score goals, with Zetterberg tying Mule for the playoff lead in goals (only took 6 more games :P)

is hossa even on the ice? I haven't seen him :lol:

lol that trip screwed em for the whole series :rolleyes:

sweep.jpg

I am refering to your avatar :o How did you make it?

Edited by CanadaBoy

Whew! I can finally breath again.

Before the series started I was thinking that either team was capable of blowing the other team out. I had no idea how they would match up.

Damn! These guys (Wings) are really good. Great defence.