• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 4, Penguins 0

Rate this topic

No they called a good game, minus the non-goal.

The goal was correctly called off. The BS part of that call was the fact Homer went to the box for it. He definitely interfered with Fleury's ability to attempt the save, but not enough to warrant a penalty.

The goal was correctly called off. The BS part of that call was the fact Homer went to the box for it. He definitely interfered with Fleury's ability to attempt the save, but not enough to warrant a penalty.

You may make it sound like it's an absolute, but the rule also addressed incidental contact. the stick easily could've been considered incidental.

Major grey area. If that's anyone but Holmstrom, that would almost certainly be allowed as a goal.

What a great game! I was scared s***less thinking that Pittsburgh would come out with both guns blazing. Nice to see it was the other way around. Ozzie played a great game, and I think he should definitely be in the running for the Conn Smythe, should we win this whole thing. Since he took over for Hasek against Nashville, he's been godly.

3 more to go guys......or win in 7, so you can win on my birthday. Either one works for me.

The call was stupid because if Holmstrom prevented him from making any save, it would have been a low shot. If his stick wasn't there at all it would have allowed Fluery to the ice faster. The goal was scored high so it didn't matter. Stupid call by the refs to try and get the Pens some momentum

I love Bab's comments just now about the disallowed goal in the press conference...lmfao

He showed everyone how pissed he is about the call, but didn't say anything that could get him in trouble! Babs is a smart cookie, love him!

lol that trip screwed em for the whole series :rolleyes:

sweep.jpg

I am refering to your avatar :o How did you make it?

taped it off the TV, uploaded it on to my computer, used movie maker, went to gifninja.com. Simple :P

Wow. Just wow.

The Pens have a lot to think about. Sammy & Cleary heating up AS WELL, Kronwall deadly, Franzen on his way back and all 4 lines steamrolling. They'll play better but the adjustments are upon them.

:thumbup: