• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lhockeytowngirl

get rid of Bettman please sign...

Rate this topic

I'm not even going to waste my time. The owners just extended him. As bad as he is, he's not going anywhere unfortunately.

Why would they extend him if all of the fans hate him? Isn't his job to extend the NHL's reach? How's he going to do this if everyone hates him, and all of his plans fail?

Why would they extend him if all of the fans hate him? Isn't his job to extend the NHL's reach? How's he going to do this if everyone hates him, and all of his plans fail?

Probably because for all his failures, their pockets get fatter as a result.

Petitions are such a waste. About the only time I ever even bother signing them is when TV shows I like get unfairly cancelled (Jericho, Back to You, etc.), and it gives me hope that another network will pick them up, or their previous network brings them back (it worked for Jericho, albeit very shortly).

As far as sports are concerned, though, you're wasting your time. Just ask yourself: when has the NHL ever cared about the fans?

Because he makes them a lot of money, the same reason Bug Selig is still commish of Baseball. The league is fairly healthy finacially now because of Bettman.

There is already a tone of these online, I know I've signed a few. It seems all they do is just sit online. What someone needs to do is, actually take those petitions and do something with them. Print them out and form a group or something and march on up to his offices. Then you may just be heard :)

VM hits the nail on the head...

Probably because for all his failures, their pockets get fatter as a result.

Thank you sir.

VM hits the nail on the head...

Thank you sir.

VM didn't quite hit it on the head.

The owners get richer as a result of Bettman's tenure...however, what was left out:

Bettman's job is to ensure as much financial security for the owners as possible. It's why he was hired; influenced largely by his significant role in establishing the NBA's salary cap. In that regard, Bettman has outperformed all league presidents to precede him COMBINED. He's by no means perfect, but he has executed very well the things he was brought in to do, and has been the direct cause of very little negative influence on the game. People like to blame him for everything that is wrong with the NHL, but ultimately, he doesn't have control over everything, and has done his job very well.