• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

I formally apologize to Mikael Samuelsson

Rate this topic

Someone posted the results of a simulation from the FutureSports (?) website that said that their projection was that Mikael Samuelsson would score two goals in Game 1.... I scoffed at the notion and called such a performance "miraculous".

Well, I hereby formally apologize to Mikael. Well done... I'm sorry I doubted you.

Guest Crymson
I think his days of being badmouthed have ended abruptly tonight.

Indeed.

I never disliked the guy. I always thought his performance was worthy of what he's paid.

He played with passion tonight. His goal celebrations and his massive shotblock in the 3rd showed it. His play tonight alone was worth his salary.

As I already posted, this will give him immunity now for the next couple of seasons, since it's way greater than his performance against San Jose last year.

And I still can't believe he scored on a backhanded move.

I can't believe he scored on a damn wraparound. The second goal was classic Sammy....that's how he usually scores 'em. Without the puck he's a decent player. He gets into position and knocks home a rebound or takes a nice pass from a teammate. No way he scores on a wraparound again in 5 years.

Guest Crymson
I've never really bad mouthed the guy, but one game is not enough for me to act like he's awesome. You guys are taking ONE GAME a little too far, especially the way you tend to mercilessly rip him day after day.

Unless he makes several absurdly hideous errors over the course of the rest of the series, then he has more than done his part.

I don't recall any times I've SAID anything bad about Sammy, but I know I've thought snide thoughts so I'll apologize for that. Awesome night for him.

Also, did you notice that on the first goal, he scored it trying to assassinate Fleury's shinguard.. and Fleury didn't get his shinguard in position in time? <_< >_> shame

Sammys celebrations were EPIC.

I love it when the players acknowledge the crowd and share the celebration, even just a little bit, like Sammy did after his wraparound goal.

Best part is, when a role player like Sammy steps up as the first star, it challenges his teammates in a way. Throws down the gauntlet....who wants to be the next to shine?

I love it when the players acknowledge the crowd and share the celebration, even just a little bit, like Sammy did after his wraparound goal.

Best part is, when a role player like Sammy steps up as the first star, it challenges his teammates in a way. Throws down the gauntlet....who wants to be the next to shine?

Yeah, it was fun seeing him do the fist pump and then yell at the crowd, really got them going.

Unless he makes several absurdly hideous errors over the course of the rest of the series, then he has more than done his part.

"Doing your part", even for a series (and it's just one game) doesn't negate the bland averagness of his performance (at best... you guys said WAAYYYY worse about him all year) for the past two seasons.

But feel free to order your Sammy jerseys now. :ph34r:<_<

Agreed. He just won a quarter of the series for us, and has not, to my knowledge, cost us a game. He's on the plus side in my book.

Herr Hockey that is excellent work sir. Well done.