• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheCaptain19

Malkin

Rate this topic

That's what I said about him May 20th.

I've seen Malkin as much as anyone on this board, with the exception of a few Penguins fans. I moved from Michigan to western Pennsylvania, so the local hockey was the Penguins for the last several years. I went to quite a few Penguins games last year, and that's my analysis. Great offensive talent, but reckless -- oh, and streaky. I don't think he's going through anything phenomenally different than anyone else. He's just a streaky guy, a bit lazy too -- think Robert Lang, only better, younger, flashier, and maybe throw in a mean streak.

you hit the nail right on the head. Offensively he is an amazing talent, but has no moves ala the penalty shot against the rangers, but his defensive game lacks. Soon Penguins fans will be saying he is lazy and sucks

you hit the nail right on the head. Offensively he is an amazing talent, but has no moves ala the penalty shot against the rangers, but his defensive game lacks. Soon Penguins fans will be saying he is lazy and sucks

Also, think Fedorov. Another high talent player who just simply got lazy in his game.

Malkin isn't there yet, but the warnings signs seem to be popping up. Only a few more years will really tell.

For a few years Datsyuk and Zetterberg weren't showing up to the playoffs either. If we all recall :) So it can go either way.

In Malkins defense, that was really his first genuinely bad game of the post season.

I think he's young and still learning how to play playoff level hockey. Zets and Dats vanished for their first few years too. Now Dats was our best player by far and Zets was right behind him, IMO. That Malkin is fun to watch, on or off his game, you can see the player he will develop into once he gets some more experience and learns to fight for what he wants. Datsyuk was a pansy in the beginning, yesterday he actually threw some meaningfull checks.

Let's not forget that he is up against the greatest Defense on ice as well. Our D is and will continue to limit the Offensive flash that The Pens possess... so long as we stay out of the penalty box!!!! Very important, more so this series then any other!

I think that you may have hit on the real issue. Dats was a no show in the playoffs for several seasons.

As much as the Pens fans would like to believe otherwise, experience does mean something.

Yeah, he's whining... :rolleyes:

Having to take over a team in his second year after Crosby (our best player), Fleury (our starting goaltender), Eaton (our best defenseman), Talbot, and Roberts went down to injury's, is quite a task for any player. Not to mention, there was no Hossa at the time either.

This guy single handedly took Pittsburgh to the playoffs with mediocre players. He's simply burned out. But, I know he's going to give all he has left this series.

He's still whining. By the way he talks he's lacking enough mental toughness for this game. He doesn't like playing left point so that makes his defense and the rest of his game bad? Sid needs to pass one of his pacifiers over to this boy. After all the talk about these young studs were going to skate our old men into the ground. What a joke. His mommy needs to go into the locker room and slap him in the head. Practices are long? Haven't they been long since you were like 8 yrs old? It's time to get over yourself and step up for your team.

Yeah, he's whining... :rolleyes:

Having to take over a team in his second year after Crosby (our best player), Fleury (our starting goaltender), Eaton (our best defenseman), Talbot, and Roberts went down to injury's, is quite a task for any player. Not to mention, there was no Hossa at the time either.

This guy single handedly took Pittsburgh to the playoffs with mediocre players. He's simply burned out. But, I know he's going to give all he has left this series.

Are you serious? Eaton is your best defenseman? :unsure:

I think people are going a little hard on him personally. This is only his second NHL season, and the first time he's made it beyond the first round. And he's what, 19? It's certainly not fair to claim that he's lazy yet, especially considering he's still tied for 3rd in playoff points. I think the solution is simply experience and maturity.

Although speaking as a Red Wings fan, that article is great news! :D

Edited by Yzerman191

I think people are going a little hard on him personally. This is only his second NHL season, and the first time he's made it beyond the first round. And he's what, 19? It's certainly not fair to claim that he's lazy yet, especially considering he's still tied for 3rd in playoff points. I think the solution is simply experience and maturity.

Although speaking as a Red Wings fan, that article is great news! :D

He's older than Crosby and has more professional hockey experience than Crosby. Malkin will be 22 soon. I'm not sure people are going hard on him, but maybe I just didn't read enough of this thread.

He's older than Crosby and has more professional hockey experience than Crosby. Malkin will be 22 soon. I'm not sure people are going hard on him, but maybe I just didn't read enough of this thread.

How does Malkin have more professional hockey experience than Crosby? Crosby is in his third year, Malkin is in his second.