• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Louisville

And this is why I love Babcock....

Rate this topic

Absolute badass in my book......

Reporter: Mike, you looked pretty animated on the disallowed goal. I had a sense you didn't agree with the call. Are they coming down a little too hard on him now?

Mike Babcock: You're setting me up here. You throw me a softball you want me to respond. You watched the game. Was he in the crease?

Reporter: I thought maybe his stick might be in between the goali....

Mike Babcock: That's the rule, you can't put your stick in the crease now, is it? Really? Did they change that when I wasn't watching?

Reporter: I thought it was between his leg. I could be wrong.

Mike Babcock: Did he touch his pads in any way or interfere with him in any way?

Reporter: Regardless, are you concerned they're coming down too hard on Holmstrom now?

Mike Babcock: They gotta decide. I just coach the game. I don't get to referee it.

Reporter: Mike, to follow up on that. Did they give you an explanation that he hooked him or did anything in particular? Didn't need an explanation?

Mike Babcock: No, we got I don't know. Let's go to the next topic.

No time for bulls*** Mr. Babcock, and I like it! :thumbup:

Reporter: Mike, you looked pretty animated on the disallowed goal. I had a sense you didn't agree with the call. Are they coming down a little too hard on him now?

Mike Babcock: You're setting me up here. You throw me a softball you want me to respond. You watched the game. Was he in the crease?

Reporter: I thought maybe his stick might be in between the goali....

Mike Babcock: That's the rule, you can't put your stick in the crease now, is it? Really? Did they change that when I wasn't watching?

Reporter: I thought it was between his leg. I could be wrong.

Mike Babcock: Did he touch his pads in any way or interfere with him in any way?

Reporter: Regardless, are you concerned they're coming down too hard on Holmstrom now?

Mike Babcock: They gotta decide. I just coach the game. I don't get to referee it.

Reporter: Mike, to follow up on that. Did they give you an explanation that he hooked him or did anything in particular? Didn't need an explanation?

Mike Babcock: No, we got I don't know. Let's go to the next topic.

No time for bulls*** Mr. Babcock, and I like it! :thumbup:

I saw that this morning and was proud. I thought the reporter was a little dense to continue on with it.

What else could he say? If he really said what he felt, I would not be surprised if that was that the call was bogus and a fine results from Babcock.

Right on. I always get embarrassed for the players/coaches when the media asks questions. They were bound to ask him about it, but some reporters are just weird....

"Uh Mikael, what will you be telling people about this game 20 years from now?"

Seriously?

Hey, your a reporter, you gotta ask that question..I certainly enjoyed Babs reply. I thought for a minute there that babs was gonna go aftre the guy. He did push the issue too much. ..........as a loyal and devout fan of the game , I am a little miffed by the whole thing too....It's getting to the point of being ludacris.............solution Replay it....but thats another thread.........

Right on. I always get embarrassed for the players/coaches when the media asks questions. They were bound to ask him about it, but some reporters are just weird....

Seriously?

I saw that too....who the hell asks a question like that? What does that have to do with anything???? Idiots.

Hey, your a reporter, you gotta ask that question..I certainly enjoyed Babs reply. I thought for a minute there that babs was gonna go aftre the guy. He did push the issue too much. ..........as a loyal and devout fan of the game , I am a little miffed by the whole thing too....It's getting to the point of being ludacris.............solution Replay it....but thats another thread.........

No.

What is getting L-U-D-I-C-R-O-U-S is the fact that people think "ludacris' is how you actually spell that word!

That was one of the most beautiful replies in all of sports history! Babcock did more to make a mockery of the officiating than he ever could have if he acted angry and insulting.

No.

What is getting L-U-D-I-C-R-O-U-S is the fact that people think "ludacris' is how you actually spell that word!

C'mon Eva. You're way above this. Correcting spelling?

I'll just assume you went to bed too late and woke up too early. Shake out the sillies........c'mon....shake 'em out.

On another note: I'd like to kick back and just watch a game with Babs. At home. Wouldn't that be cool?

Seriously?

That sounds like one of the questions they give you as a topic for writing a short essay in late elementary.

Did you really? Man, the crazy things these reporters come up with.

I'm actually just a smidge insulted by that. As if it took Mr. Seasoned Experienced Serious Journalist with his practiced and trained eye to "get a sense" that Babcock disagreed with the call. Helen Keller could have figured that out.