• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hiei

SCF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 3, Penguins 0

Rate this topic

Fortunately I only have to work until 9 tonight, so I'll be able to watch the majority of the game. I missed all of Game 1 because I had to work. Why can't my boss understand how important Red Wings hockey is? Southerners. *hmmph*

Tonight's game will tell us: either the Pens can hang, or they can't. I don't agree with Therrien changing up the lines. I think it puts too many eggs in one psychological basket. It's a step toward outright panic. I don't think line combos were the problem.

This is where steamrolling all your opponents and facing no adversity comes in. Deep down, I really think Therrien and the Pens thought they were going to deal with the Wings the same way they had everyone else. They didn't, and all of a sudden, it's time to change up what worked so well for three other series. Had the Wings lost Game 1, I feel like there wouldn't have been a single lineup change.

Essentially, I think both teams came into the series feeling like the opponent would be the exact same as the others. The Pens saw nobody that could hang with them; they thought the Wings would be the same and were surprised to find out somebody could. The Wings saw that even Nashville, the 8th seed, and Dallas, who they owned, could present a challenge. They treated the Pens the same way.

So. Can the Pens challenge? I still feel if they can't win Game 1 or 2 in Detroit, they can't win 5 or 7 either, no matter how they fare at Mellon.

The Wings just need to continue to make Pitt play their game by playing keep away and limiting their shots. Also they need to keep the physical play up that they did in game 1 if we can keep Crosby and Malkin rattled, they will not be eliminated but it will really help the Wings chances to take a 2-0 series lead into Pittsburgh.

I'm really excited to see what the addition of Franzen to the lineup will do, I'm not really expecting him to continue on his goal a game pace, but I'm sure his presence will be felt.

FEED THE MULE!!

I'm feeling good about this game. I know what's said in press conferences isn't necessarily a direct translation of what's been said in the locker room nor does it necessarily translate into what's going to happen on the ice. But from watching the Penguins press conferences since Saturday night, they seem confused. Coach says it was the worst game they've played in the playoffs, Sid says he wouldn't change a thing, but Sid also says they're going to go with a more dump-and-chase style in Game 2, Coach adds that they'll be tinkering with their lines, while he and the players keep insisting, "It was only one game."

Time to make it two!

Tonight's game will tell us: either the Pens can hang, or they can't. I don't agree with Therrien changing up the lines. I think it puts too many eggs in one psychological basket. It's a step toward outright panic. I don't think line combos were the problem.

This is where steamrolling all your opponents and facing no adversity comes in. Deep down, I really think Therrien and the Pens thought they were going to deal with the Wings the same way they had everyone else. They didn't, and all of a sudden, it's time to change up what worked so well for three other series. Had the Wings lost Game 1, I feel like there wouldn't have been a single lineup change.

Essentially, I think both teams came into the series feeling like the opponent would be the exact same as the others. The Pens saw nobody that could hang with them; they thought the Wings would be the same and were surprised to find out somebody could. The Wings saw that even Nashville, the 8th seed, and Dallas, who they owned, could present a challenge. They treated the Pens the same way.

So. Can the Pens challenge? I still feel if they can't win Game 1 or 2 in Detroit, they can't win 5 or 7 either, no matter how they fare at Mellon.

The Pens CAN'T hang with us. We saw that in game 1. 7 shots in 40 minutes with the offense they have?!!

The best that they can hope for is to get some lucky bounces and maybe win a game or 2. Another gift of a called back goal would also help them.

But they are not going to beat us 4 of the next 6 tries. I think that psychologically, there is a little voice in the back of their heads telling them that they are screwed. Throw Frazen back in tonight and they really have got to be worried. If we crush them again tonight, the series is over. We have them down big time. Tonight we just need to finish the job.

The Pens CAN'T hang with us. We saw that in game 1. 7 shots in 40 minutes with the offense they have?!!

The best that they can hope for is to get some lucky bounces and maybe win a game or 2. Another gift of a called back goal would also help them.

But they are not going to beat us 4 of the next 6 tries. I think that psychologically, there is a little voice in the back of their heads telling them that they are screwed. Throw Frazen back in tonight and they really have got to be worried. If we crush them again tonight, the series is over. We have them down big time. Tonight we just need to finish the job.

you're extrapolating a lot from 1 game. The Wings problem has always been that they don't play up to their potential, to expect that they'll dominate again just because they did it in game 1 is a stretch at best. We'll know a lot more about the series after tonight than we did after game 1. Honestly I think in game 1 the Pens stage fright caused them to gas themselves in the first period, nothing left in the tank for the 2nd and 3rd.

Therien has aleady made a huge mistake in playing Laroque over Roberts. Laroque is only good for fighting. He's big but slow. Roberts is a huge leadership guy. Kinda like JR.

Why in the hell would he put in Laroque? He was expecting a fight in the SCF? And now after 1 game he is changing all of his lines? And why were the Pens so obviously unprepared for the Wings? Didn't he watch any game films? I'm with you, poor coaching.

Hope everything is OK with aflac. I'm watching the Orioles versus the Yankees as a prelude to the game tonight. Drinking all day long, haha. LET'S GO WINGS! 2-0 TONIGHT!

...and thank you to our troops!

To all pens fans who say experience doesnt count.

Sid whining about lack of penalities is the biggest display I have seen. Did he forget about the 1st period?

I like that he is trying to place blame instead of chilling the team out and settling their game down.

I won't be able to watch this game till Tuesday evening!!

AAAAAAAARRRFGFFFFFFFFFFHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ranting:

*must stay away from internet till then*

Cos its just not the same watching it when you already know the score...

you're extrapolating a lot from 1 game. The Wings problem has always been that they don't play up to their potential, to expect that they'll dominate again just because they did it in game 1 is a stretch at best. We'll know a lot more about the series after tonight than we did after game 1. Honestly I think in game 1 the Pens stage fright caused them to gas themselves in the first period, nothing left in the tank for the 2nd and 3rd.

Possibly. Inexperience again on their part. We will see. There's 6 games left and we only have to win half of them.

I won't be able to watch this game till Tuesday evening!!

AAAAAAAARRRFGFFFFFFFFFFHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ranting:

*must stay away from internet till then*

Cos its just not the same watching it when you already know the score...

Closest thing to hell that i've heard in awhile

Flllllllleuuuuurrrry Flllllllleuuuuurrrry YOU SUCK! It's all Your Fault, It's all Your Fault! Sieve Sieve Sieve

All we have to do is fire shots and the flood gate open on this kid! Thankfully playing his whole career in the East, we get to be the ones to expose his sucktastic self to the rest of the unbelieving NHL!

Go WINGS!!

Go OZZIE!!!!!!!

4-1.gif8.gifozzie.gif8.gif4-1.gif

Edited by OsGOD

Wings: Full 60 minute effort tonight. Not 40. Play your game, avoid penalties, keep driving to the net and banging and crashing, and things should go well.

Pittsburgh will be better. The Wings need to be as well.

Go Wings! Feed the Mule!

I sound like a broken record, but I am getting sick and tired of the biased media. :ranting: Crosby this.... Pens that. He is over rated, and the Pens are lucky to even make it this far.

The cheap calls against Homer, the NHL doning their best to sway the masses from the Wings. and what happens? The wings prove every media hound wrong. that they are the best team and have the best players. :thumbup:

so I will wait once again as game 2 approaches, The Mule is back and ready to add to his collection of goals :siren:

my rant is over for this Memorial Day, God Bless America, :usaflag: God bless our Troops :patriot: all over the world and Everyone enjoy this great day where we can BBQ :burger: drink beer, :beerbuddy: hang out with family :) and friends and Watch the our beloved Red Wings kick the Crap out of the over rated Pens!!!!!!!

Go WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:w00t2: