• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
up2here

POLL: Franzen In.Who Should Come Out?

Rate this topic

Who Should Come Out Of The Lineup?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

McCarty.

As much as I am glad he is back and has made solid contributions, you gotta deal with Pittsburgh's speed, and with Georges Laraque out of the lineup, McCarty doesn't have anybody to really "enforce" or "stand up" against, correct me if I'm wrong.

Helm has to stay in. He's fast, and has great puck presence.

I threw the Helm choice and the Franzen choice in there. I doubt anyone will vote for either.

I don't think there is any question that Mac will be out of the lineup. Nothing against Mac at all, but he is only averaging about 6:30 of ice-time per game and yet somehow he is 2ND on the team in penalty minutes. He doesn't kill penalties and isn't any more of a scoring threat than Maltby, plus he's slow and seems to be a defensive liability.

Maltby is averaging about 10mins of ice-time per game since he's returned. Maltby is a great penalty killer and usually draws more penalties than he takes. He's also a much faster skater and a better 2-way player. Maltby stays in.

Maltby is more valuable in terms of speed and PK ability than MAC. I love MAC but Lilly or Drake can handle Roberts. MAC sits this game.

Roberts? :blink:

Roberts is an old man and is no match for Lilja. There's only one man on that Pens roster who can match up to the "PAIN TRAIN", and that's Laraque, who spent the entire game 1 avoiding Lilja.

Also, Drake would get beat up by Roberts. I would probably sit Maltby, but if Mac goes back to taking stupid penalties, I'd sit him for Maltby in the future.

McCarty.

As much as I am glad he is back and has made solid contributions, you gotta deal with Pittsburgh's speed, and with Georges Laraque out of the lineup, McCarty doesn't have anybody to really "enforce" or "stand up" against, correct me if I'm wrong.

Doesn't matter if Laraque is playing or not, it's not like McCarty is going to fight him.

Roberts? :blink:

Roberts is an old man and is no match for Lilja. There's only one man on that Pens roster who can match up to the "PAIN TRAIN", and that's Laraque, who spent the entire game 1 avoiding Lilja.

Also, Drake would get beat up by Roberts. I would probably sit Maltby, but if Mac goes back to taking stupid penalties, I'd sit him for Maltby in the future.

I don't expect Roberts to even drop the gloves to be honest, so it doesn't really matter. And Lilly would get beat down by Laraque BTW. If it did come down to Roberts and Drake though, Roberts has some size but I think Drake could hold on long enough :D .

Cheers!

esteef

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is the funniest thing I've read in a very, very long time.

this has to be the most unflattering picture of any athlete ever:

franzy_41240.jpg

i take that back, the mike ribeiro avatar that norrisnick use to have was the most unflattering picture ever. can i please see that again? lord was it hideous.

McCarty should sit. He is slow, he is taking a lot of penalties and doesn't bring much against the Penguins.

Maltby is a good two way player and a good PKer, faster and probably brings just as much offense to the lineup.

i take that back, the mike ribeiro avatar that norrisnick use to have was the most unflattering picture ever. can i please see that again? lord was it hideous.

I think every picture of Mike Ribeiro is the most unflattering picture of an athlete ever taken.

McCarty out, definitely.

McCarty's comeback may be one of the most inspirational stories in Red Wings history. However, this is the finals and you have to play your best players. McCarty just isn't on top of his game right now.

I don't expect Roberts to even drop the gloves to be honest, so it doesn't really matter. And Lilly would get beat down by Laraque BTW. If it did come down to Roberts and Drake though, Roberts has some size but I think Drake could hold on long enough :D .

Cheers!

esteef

Lilja is undefeated this year as a fighter, while Laraque has at least one loss, namely that TKO at the hands of Brashear.

I don't know about you, but I'll take the undefeated fighter over a guy who's been beaten, and with a TKO no less. :sly:

Lilja is undefeated this year as a fighter, while Laraque has at least one loss, namely that TKO at the hands of Brashear.

I don't know about you, but I'll take the undefeated fighter over a guy who's been beaten, and with a TKO no less. :sly:

I seriously hope you're kidding. If you're calling those three fights "wins" for Lilja this year then we're done talking. The only one even close to a win for Lilly is the one against Phaneuf (but still a draw). Laraque would kill Lilly. Plain and simple.

Edited by esteef

Im really suprised by these respones! I thought that we needed experience. I said sit Helm. Trust me I love Helm, but I think Mac brings experience and good moral on the bench when we are in close games!! drapes, Malts and Mac have that motivational edge that Helm doesn't have just yet!! But hey The Mule is Back !!!!

the only thing that mac fighting laraque would accomplish would be a momentum shift for the other team. like others have said, it's great to see mac's comeback, but with the amount of penalties he's been taking, and his slow speed, i'd say he's got to go. malts can kill penalties, and helm's just fast.

so if mac's out, who gets bumped to his spot?

Z-D-H

Mule-Flipper-Sammy

Cleary-Maltby-Draper

Hudler-Drake-Helm

???

or do you put drake with malts and draper for the sort of "grit" line and then hope that hudler-cleary-helm can generate some offense?

Absolutely McCarty. It's been nerve racking every time he's on the ice. He just doesn't have the footspeed, stamina or strength to keep up right now.

Yup, he's noticably performing at an AHL level when everyone else is at NHL+. I cringe and hope his shifts are short.