• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

Who will lids hand the cup to?

Rate this topic

Well who do you think it will be?

In 97 Steve handed it to Ilitch, in 98 the cup was given to konstantinov, and in 02 it was given to bowman. Each year the handing of the cup has meant something special, so what about this year?

Will it be....

Holland? He has done alot for this orginization.

Babs? He's been an amazing coach for us.

Steve? Ginen to him as a thanks for all he's done

Iitich again?

The MVP

Ozzie? For steping us him game for us when we needed it the most.

Or someone else.

What do you guys think? :confused1:

I would say Babs. He's done a lot for the team in the past couple of years. Changes that can definitely be seen.

But if not him then I would say either Ozzie or MVP.

I think it goes to Ozzie. Yzerman wanted to hand it to Ozzie in 98 and on the spur of the moment gave it to Vladdy. Ozzie has been even more important this time around, and has been the ultimate team guy. It'll happen.

LOL. Literally.

Twice inside af one (1) week I'm agreeing with Eva?

Something is wrong.

He'll hand it to the players who have no held it yet.

While I think Ozzie should be the second to touch it after Lids, my bet is Nick will hand it to the Drake first.

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves... let's win three more games first.

Ozzie, if his current performance continues.

Or Jiri Fischer. He's still part of the club and he helps train defensemen or something, doesn't he? It's sorta like the Vladdy case (Sorta)

After Ozzie or Fischer, I'd say Drake to D-Mac, then Big Darren to Little Darren (rookie!), I imagine then the young rookie will give it to Pasha or Zata as a respect of leadership.. and obviously in that case it would go from one of them to the other. If Zata gets it second, he probably gives it to a fellow countryman next, maybe Franzen for his epic goal scoring. If Pasha gets it second.. hmm, that's a tougher call. Unpredictable bugger.. I'm sure opposing players would agree : )

I am willing to bet Fischer gets it somewhere along the line, though.

Edited by The Wheeled Winger

I'm not even thinking about this yet...it's tempting fate too much.

When we are leading the series 3 games to 1 (or none, or whatever) and we're about halfway through what will end up being the 4th victory, then I will let myself muse about who Nick will give the Cup to.

Until then, I'm taking the player's mentality of just thinking of the next game. :)

WHY IS THIS A THREAD?!?! and WHY are all you participating?!?! WE WON ONE DAMN GAME!! come on now? really? really now? ... :veryangry:

Oh bullocks, so much for fun. Who would have thought people were looking for fun out of a game? Those silly hockey fans.

Edited by The Wheeled Winger

Guest Crymson
He'll hand it to the players who have no held it yet.

While I think Ozzie should be the second to touch it after Lids, my bet is Nick will hand it to the Drake first.

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves... let's win three more games first.

For the 500th time: WHY DOES IT MATTER IF WE "GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES"? WE ARE NOT PLAYING IN THESE GAMES!.

Sheesh!

WHY IS THIS A THREAD?!?! and WHY are all you participating?!?! WE WON ONE DAMN GAME!! come on now? really? really now? ... :veryangry:

WHY DO YOU CARE? WHAT EFFECT COULD THIS POSSIBLY HAVE ON THE OUTCOME OF THIS SERIES?

'WE' DID NOT WIN ANY GAMES! WE ARE POSTERS ON AN INTERNET FORUM!

This thread is just waiting to bite every one on this forum in the ass.

Yeah, just like the 'sweep' thread in the series against the Avs really led to bad things. Too bad that because your superstition doesn't have any grounding in reality, events in reality won't ever be able to prove to you that it's wrong.

Superstition essentially equals defensive pessimism in these sorts of cases to begin with. Enjoy being apprehensive; I know I won't be limiting my enjoyment of this series in such a fashion. Nay, I'm full-out cocky, 100% hopeful and 100% optimistic. Deal with it.

Last I checked, none of us are playing in this series anyway.

Edited by Crymson