• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
winsgnut_19

Don't count out the pens

Rate this topic

everyone seems to be counting the pens out after game 1. THERE IS STILL ALOT OF HOCKEY LEFT!! i still think the wings will win in 6, but keep in mind the pens were a few lucky bounces away from making that a close game. all im saying is wait till the fat lady sings!!!

everyone seems to be counting the pens out after game 1. THERE IS STILL ALOT OF HOCKEY LEFT!! i still think the wings will win in 6, but keep in mind the pens were a few lucky bounces away from making that a close game. all im saying is wait till the fat lady sings!!!

Amen, a voice of reason. QFT and all that jazz....

yup totally agreed. i just hope this board is ready for losses in this series and don't have too much panic when it happen

after loss 2 to dallas some people here were crazy.. but it's ok - we're all excited and impassioned.. i just hope we won't have to see threads like "strip lidstrom from the c" like we did in the dallas series lol :)

yup totally agreed. i just hope this board is ready for losses in this series and don't have too much panic when it happen

after loss 2 to dallas some people here were crazy.. but it's ok - we're all excited and impassioned.. i just hope we won't have to see threads like "strip lidstrom from the c" like we did in the dallas series lol :)

The people who crybaby up the forums after a loss are morons. Most of them are horrible fans.

I totally agree with this sentiment. The reality is that by general consensus the two best teams in the NHL are in the series this year, which doesn't happen that often. I just can't see us not giving up a game or two. But on the bright side, nothing worth having is easy, and the tension of a close series makes it better in the long run.

I've been supremely confident in this team all year, but anything can happen, especially in a sport where one bad bounce can change an entire series. I'm getting more and more nervous for tonight. Bring it on.

I really don't see a lot of people counting out the Penguins. Everyone knows it was one game. Everyone knows Pittsburgh is going to be playing a lot harder tonight... Especially the Red Wings. Who cares what the fans think, as long as the team is in the right mindset.

We, the fans, need to make sure we do not get too cocky. If we win tonight I will feel a lot better personally, but we all know how Nashville had us at 2-2.

Or else what? I've never heard of a team losing due to fan over-confidence. At worst, we'll all just look like idiots. And that's a risk I'm willing to take. Wings in 4

We, the fans, need to make sure we do not get too cocky. If we win tonight I will feel a lot better personally, but we all know how Nashville had us at 2-2.

Why? Maybe the players need to make sure they do not get too cocky, but I don't see why I can't do whatever I want.

Guest Crymson

Remind me again of what purpose this thread actually serves.

Guest Crymson
Exactly.

I'm tempted to start a thread now titled: "Count out the Pens"

I'm very happy to find the two of us agreeing on this issue.

:thumbup:

Guest Crymson

Are you for some reason trying to protect us from disappointment, or are you attempting to protect yourself from being 'infected' by hope that could lead to disappointment on your end?

I'm very happy to find the two of us agreeing on this issue.

:thumbup:

You should have been here when I got blasted for making a post about Dallas already being done after game 3.

People were accusing me of being too optimistic. I was wondering where you were at that moment.

Do it! If I remember correctly, the last one like that was a lot of fun. :lol:

:lol: Jerk.

Seriously, though, if we win tonight, I will be heavily tempted. For instance, if we win again 4-0, it's probably going to be posted.

However, I don't know if we'll ever get the same kind of intense, philosophical discussion that the last thread generated.

I don't think anyone has counted the Penguins out yet by any stretch, especially the guys playing the game. Maybe some people on here are slightly overconfident, but it's tough to blame them after such a convincing win in game one. I expect a much better effort from the Penguins tonight, and the Red Wings will have to match and/or better their intensity.

Regardless, our cockiness level on LGW has no effect whatsoever on the series.

Edited by GoWings1905

Having faith in your boys and not being pessimistic does not mean you're counting out the pens.

The pens could beat us, yes. But do I chose to get absorbed in that thinking, no. I'm going to be looking at any situation with all the optimism I can muster. :)

this thread was to the people who are talking about whats going to happen after the wings win the cup... having confidence in your team is fine... i believe i stated they were winning in 6... but i guess theres people on here who will find a way to disagree with what someone else writes in their threads

anyways GO WINGS!!