• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yellowknife Redwing

Stay classy, Penguins

Rate this topic

The constant cheapshots after the whistle, cheapshots at the goalie, Crosby laying the lumber to Lidstrom like he's a ******* pinata...the Pens ought to be almost as ashamed of their composure and tact as their play in the first 2 games.

Here's hoping the calls late in the game set a precedent for this kind of trash in Pittsburgh :ranting:

Mike Babcock, Nick Lidstrom and the Wings have more class than Michel Therein, Sidney Crosby, and the Penguins can even comprehend.

Sorry Pens fans, I don't know whose fault it is, but your team has NO class.

Meh, it's a hockey game, not tea with the Queen.

Thank you. It's almost painful to come in here sometimes after a win. More complaints about the other teams feistiness than our own efforts. It's as if some people expect the other team to roll over or gravel at the sight of our Redwings skating around them.

And for the record, 75% of these so called cheapshots are REALLY embellished by our diving extraordinaires.

I wish guys who go after someone's head when they know they are coming back from concussion like symtems would get suspended. Let's let the skilled guys play the game, any idiot can take a cheapshot. And people wonder why the NHL isn't more popular.

Roberts SHOULD get a call from the league for the sucker punch on Franzan. It wouldn't be such a big deal but every one knows hes just coming back from a concussion. That can only be defined as intent to injure.

I do love the way the Wings can simply go out and play and turn the other team into a bunch of goons just by domination alone. Remember the Flames last year? We were calling them the SHAMES!

It's a rough game, but cheapshots are cheapshots. The one on Osgood was one thing. It didn't really hurt him, and it was the frustration coming through after two extremely good Detroit games.

The shots on Franzen are another story. Head injuries are serious and constant headshots are not classy at all (believe me I've had concussions during soccer that the other team knew about).

That being said: Yes I loved to see Crosby's b*tch@$$ face when the wings scored.

As long as the Wings keep retaliating SMARTLY I don't mind. And as long as no one on the Wings gets hurt. But it was definitely exciting hockey.

I just hope the Pens stay confused and frustrated and undisciplined.

Meh, it's a hockey game, not tea with the Queen.

Most of it I'm fine with I do however have a little bit of a problem with the repeated shots at the head of a fellow player who just returned from concusion like symptoms. That is a classless way to try and get a top player out of the series.

Thank you. It's almost painful to come in here sometimes after a win. More complaints about the other teams feistiness than our own efforts. It's as if some people expect the other team to roll over or gravel at the sight of our Redwings skating around them.

And for the record, 75% of these so called cheapshots are REALLY embellished by our diving extraordinaires.

I'm all for grit and feistiness, I'm talking about cowardly s*** from Roberts and Malone punching guys in the face while they aren't looking. I'd like to think that if Roberts wanted to make a statement, he'd drop the gloves with Lilja instead of punching the 3-peat Lady Byng winner in the face. The Pens acted like a bunch of cowards tonight. It's pretty bad when Crosby is far and away the toughest player on your team every night.

Why do teams get so mad when they lose to Detroit?

Last year in the playoffs get pretty bad. This year has not been as bad until this serise. I guess the other teams spend to much time listening to the "experts" on TV talk about how Detroit is going to choke. I hope the "experts" keep saying it for years to come. I love watching the Wings piss off teams the way they do.

i really did not expect Pittsburgh to get ugly like that at all ..

I would expect that out of Colorado and anahiem But not pittsburgh,

I just did not see that coming.... i sawq the frustration all night But it just kinda shocked me a bit to see the UGLY end to that game

It's because most people are drunk, and looking to pick a fight.

What. You know that's true ;)

I'm all for grit and feistiness, I'm talking about cowardly s*** from Roberts and Malone punching guys in the face while they aren't looking. I'd like to think that if Roberts wanted to make a statement, he'd drop the gloves with Lilja instead of punching the 3-peat Lady Byng winner in the face. The Pens acted like a bunch of cowards tonight. It's pretty bad when Crosby is far and away the toughest player on your team every night.

Cowardly goes both ways, and opposing teams find our Wings to be quite cowardly when they often instigate scuffles and avoid all the fighting and gritty stuff. Granted, I love that when it baits teams into penalties and it's a skill we've mastered...but it's certainly cowardly as well. Most fans with rose-colored glasses wont admit to it, but it's there. Our Wings aren't saints, they just pick their spots very, very, very well.

The cheapshots to Franzen really pissed me off. I realize it's hockey and I'm all for being physical, but constantly hitting a guy in the head while you very well know he's just come back from having a head injury!? They were purposely trying to re-injure Franz and that is just disgusting and disgraceful!

Cowardly goes both ways, and opposing teams find our Wings to be quite cowardly when they often instigate scuffles and avoid all the fighting and gritty stuff. Granted, I love that when it baits teams into penalties and it's a skill we've mastered...but it's certainly cowardly as well. Most fans with rose-colored glasses wont admit to it, but it's there. Our Wings aren't saints, they just pick their spots very, very, very well.

I can respect that

I think most don't care about anything other then going for The Mules head. I mean thats just something you don't cheap shot after a concussion.

'greed. Hockey's hockey...scrums happen, hell -- Draper cross-checked someone in the face in the last series without it being called. Cheap or not, folks need to have confidence that our players have been doing this for the better part of their lives and are capable of absorbing the lame frustration Pittsburgh throws our way. Honestly, as long as the refs are calling it, I hope it's a tune they continue to play in their building.