• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Flipper's Goal!

Rate this topic

As you can imagine, I was going nuts. It was a sensational goal, really it was. Airborne and he flicks the puck into the net. Won't get tired of watching that beauty.

And it wasn't just the goal, he was unbelievable tonight, as he was in Game 1.

Filppula > Hossa.

Trade deadline? Go Holland!

Oh don't get me started on that! Half if not more of this board were more than prepared to see Flipper go, thankfully Holland, Babs and co know what a talent we have on our hands. And is Hossa even playing in this series?

Youtube:

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&">
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

IMHO...Fleury could have, and should have stopped it.

Amazing individual effort by Flip, but ultimately it goes down as a bad goal because Fleury should have stopped that puck. Hell, it went in off his paddle. If he had bee moving laterally with proper technique; in other words, his pads more square to the shooter, then that puck never makes it past Fleury.

That's why they say to just keep shooting no matter how sloppy or improbable a goal may be. The chance of someone making a mistake is still there and it doesn't matter how that tally gets up on the scoreboard as long as it gets there right?

Every series. Every single series. I've been saying this since last year: Flip is good for at least one goal a series that is the direct result of his skating ability and pure flat-out hustle and desire to get to the puck before his opponent. Sometimes it's because he scores it himself, sometimes because he gets the puck to a teammate, sometimes it's because he draws a penalty. But it will happen at least once in every series.

And it just so happens that in the Nashville series it led to Franzen's Game 5 winner.

I am a HUGE Filppula fan. This guy needs to be a Wing for life.

Sick goal by Flipper.

Not to get ahead of myself but he reminds me a lot of Zetterberg 4 years ago, maybe not as skilled but certainly just as hard-working.

How many times does he skate into the offensive zone up against 2-3 players and still manage to make a play? He definitely reminds me of Zetterberg with his stick handling and offensive instincts. In a few years time he will be very, very good.

Beautiful goal. I was on my way home inbetween periods but ended up missing just that goal.

Saw the highlights and it was awesome! He is a talented player, I can't wait for his game to progress.

As to saying it was "Bobby Orrish" I would say somewhat, even the VS. announcers made that comment.

LETS GO WINGS!

The only difference is this.....

Bobby Orr already shot the puck when he went horizontal.

got that photo framed and autographed by bobby for my b-day last year...killer.

flipper was playing great tonight...that goal showed some real effort on his part...unlike the effort shown by the pens...funny how all the sportscasters were going on and f'kn on about how wings dont have the depth of scoring that pens do...almost ALL the scoring against them is from our second line down!!!!! I love it when those guys have to eat crow