• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Flipper's Goal!

Rate this topic

Great goal.

I bet if Crosby scores that goal it goes down as "#1 GOAL OF PLAYOFFS!!!!1111!!!!!!"

However, since the Wings did it (*gasp* a second/third liner to boot), it will quickly be forgotten.

I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists around here, but I said this exact statement to my wife after that amazing goal. Sad. Very sad.

Great goal.

I bet if Crosby scores that goal it goes down as "#1 GOAL OF PLAYOFFS!!!!1111!!!!!!"

However, since the Wings did it (*gasp* a second/third liner to boot), it will quickly be forgotten.

I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists around here, but I said this exact statement to my wife after that amazing goal. Sad. Very sad.

Tru dat. The media would've collectively came in their shorts!! But...his name's hard to pronounce so f*** him!

Guest Crymson
Well...let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Will someone please explain to me the point of this statement?

IMHO...Fleury could have, and should have stopped it.

Amazing individual effort by Flip, but ultimately it goes down as a bad goal because Fleury should have stopped that puck. Hell, it went in off his paddle. If he had bee moving laterally with proper technique; in other words, his pads more square to the shooter, then that puck never makes it past Fleury.

No, just no. Fleury had the glove side and the 5-hole covered like he should have because the defender was on the stick side. Fleury's effort to almost save that puck was pretty good and you can't really fault his lateral movement on it.

You just like being the odd one out that kills everyone's buzz. It was an awesome goal by Flip. Just leave it at that.

Edited by Doggy

No, just no. Fleury had the glove side and the 5-hole covered like he should have because the defender was on the stick side. Fleury's effort to almost save that puck was pretty good and you can't really fault his lateral movement on it.

You just like being the odd one out that kills everyone's buzz. It was an awesome goal by Flip. Just leave it at that.

Fleury seemed slow to react and somewhat in the wrong position when Flip shot, possibly due to his slow reaction. That's a mistake that cost him the save. It doesn't mean Flip isn't awesome...just that Fleury should have stopped it.

EVA,

Got to disagree with you on that assessment.

I think if Fluery does make the save it is not as spectacular as the effort and skill that Flip put into scoring it, however to say it was a shot he SHOULD have had is a stretch.

I blame Letang on that, bad positioning and gave up the inside a little to easy to Flip, but even having said that, after Flip got position on Letang he still had to keep the puck away from MAF and then get the shot off.

i dont understand the fascination with the athleticism of the bobby orr flying goal. dont get me wrong orr was great, but i mean he jumped AFTER he scored...it wasnt even necessary, it was sort of a wierdo's celebration move. if he had jumped first, then put the puck in while flying, that would have been worth all these years of admiration.

i saw the orr clip again on CBC a couple months ago, rewound the PVR and was like, whats the big deal? jumping after you score?

I think this goal is more impressive than the orr one, and not just because its a red wing. orr was amazing and one of my fav players i read about in books as a kid.

WAY TO GO FLIPZ, GO WINGS!

...and possibly Bobby Orr'ish?

a4e261134772ac3c4beec5a5e6557c88-getty-81108718cp079_pittsburgh_pe.jpg

2008-0526-jg-Wings-Pens-828.jpg

454a7bab27844d687a696e8d96089756-getty-81108718cp100_pittsburgh_pe.jpg

6ce91144fab80add46ff08f89cf49181-getty-81108718cp076_pittsburgh_pe.jpg

capt.9e4f2c8279044e4b9e3ebc6655d245dc.stanley_cup_penguins_red_wings_hockey_mico119.jpg

2008-0526-dg-wings302.jpg

Edited by Wingsor

Right from the 1st period I though Flip had a tremendous game. He was all over the ice and made numerous excellent defensive plays taking the puck away or intercepting passes. He thoroughly deserved his 2pts last night.

Clearly that week off before the finals has benefited him and whatever leg injury it was that he was playing with.

i dont understand the fascination with the athleticism of the bobby orr flying goal. dont get me wrong orr was great, but i mean he jumped AFTER he scored...it wasnt even necessary, it was sort of a wierdo's celebration move. if he had jumped first, then put the puck in while flying, that would have been worth all these years of admiration.

i saw the orr clip again on CBC a couple months ago, rewound the PVR and was like, whats the big deal? jumping after you score?

I think this goal is more impressive than the orr one, and not just because its a red wing. orr was amazing and one of my fav players i read about in books as a kid.

WAY TO GO FLIPZ, GO WINGS!

It's a great photo, but I agree, when you watch the actual goal, you see he actually scored and basically lept afterwards.

As for Flips, I was thinking Fedorov, not Orr. That's a total Sergei move where you put the puck under the guy's stick, then bring your around and on top of it so you can get the shot off.

It's a great photo, but I agree, when you watch the actual goal, you see he actually scored and basically lept afterwards.

As for Flips, I was thinking Fedorov, not Orr. That's a total Sergei move where you put the puck under the guy's stick, then bring your around and on top of it so you can get the shot off.

Also very similar to the move you see Z try a lot, get your body in between the defender and the puck and then cut in so the defender is helpless, all he can do is drag you down or let you go!

Also very similar to the move you see Z try a lot, get your body in between the defender and the puck and then cut in so the defender is helpless, all he can do is drag you down or let you go!

Definitely.

Stevie used to do it too, but I'm pretty sure he picked it up from Fedorov. During the Cup years, it seemed like they were all picking up on each others tricks. Sergei's move, Shanny banking the puck in off the goalie...