• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Reilly

lol @ Therrien's press conference.

Rate this topic

Let's face it, guys, this isn't anything revolutionary. Therrien has a history of acting just like this and unfortunately I think he's having a bad influence on that Sidney Crosby (who?) kid, too. With any luck for him he'll either get a new team, or the Pens a better example of a coach.

My personal judgement, after reading some of the Pens boards, is that they think MT tries hard, but he's widely disliked, particularly because of his inability and unwillingness to cope with tactical changes and his (lack of) ability to handle a losing game/series.

Therrien, Crosby and the other whiners have made me sick and took away every ounce of respect I had for the Penguins. To be taking shots at Franzen's head while down three nothing, and then to be complaining and going after guys the way they did is absoltely unbelievable.

Pens are a disgrace, and the fact that they can't handle a loss shows just how far they have to go. Listening to Crosby and Therrien's politics after the game made me want to vomit.

Does anyone have a link where I can watch the entire post game conference? I'd appreciate it.

I was just READING terrians comments and they were pretty pathetic. It's sad that the coach is crying about everyhting. But that's ok. Let that team cry and whine right out of the playoffs...

If they don't want to see Osgood fall down, then dont' go near him. Simple as that.

send him a tape of Babcock's or Tippet's press conference. let him look at guys

who look for themselves to blame and give credit to other team when it's due

Therien is clueless and whining is the only thing he can think of now. that's good.

let him think it's all conspiracy and his team is capable. I'll take the cup on saturday

and let him whine as much as he likes on the golf course

It bears repeating (from the Photoshop thread):

babymichelle.jpg

The best part of the whole press conference was the start. He sighs, puts his head down and you can just hear him thinking to himself... "Man... down 2-0... can't score a goal... should I be a whiny ***** right now?... no, I'm above that.... no.... ah, well... f*** it, why not..."

:lol:

PRICELESS !

I understand Therrien is frustrated, but if I were him I'd be ashamed of what I said post-game. As I said earlier I personally don't put much stock when coaches or players discuss officiating as calls in any/every game go for/against both teams and various stages in a contest, but to (1) make excuses that the Red Wings are "cheating" and "obstructing" and (2) taking little/no accountibility for yourself or your players that everybody on that team needs to step up is just wrong.

I'm not trying to sound like a Red Wings homer, if somebody can show me this I'll gladly step aside. Maybe it's because I don't play the game, I don't know, but I'd like to see any blatant obstruction by the Red Wings. And while pretty much any team acts/embelishes to a certain occassion, to accuse the Wings of blatant diving as well is pretty silly. This isn't soccer/futbol.

I'm no expert coach, but I'd like to offer some advice to Therrien regardless: Referees don't ultimately win/lose you the game (even though they do have effects in a game), the other team "acting" or "cheating" doesn't win/lose you a game. Detroit (and I say this as best I can without sounding like a cocky homer) has just been better overall these last 2 games, and you and your team needs to step up better. Your team producing and stepping up better than the other team wins you hockey games, not any of the other stuff.

Am I off base here? Maybe Pens fans can help me out, perhaps give me another vantage point to the situation?

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Therrien, Crosby and the other whiners have made me sick and took away every ounce of respect I had for the Penguins. To be taking shots at Franzen's head while down three nothing, and then to be complaining and going after guys the way they did is absoltely unbelievable.

Pens are a disgrace, and the fact that they can't handle a loss shows just how far they have to go. Listening to Crosby and Therrien's politics after the game made me want to vomit.

Well said.....I agree 100%.

Therrien needs to take al esson from Babcock, and eliminate the whining ! he really is not doing his team any favores when he plays the "blame game". He certainly did look dejected

and beaten..................I hate whiners !

defined obstruction :

One that obstructs; an obstacle. See synonyms at obstacle.

The act or an instance of obstructing.

The condition of being obstructed.

The act of causing a delay or an attempt to cause a delay in the conduct of business, especially in a legislative body.

Sports. The act of impeding another player in a match or race.

me thinks Not ! we are just allot better defensively !

I understand Therrien is frustrated, but if I were him I'd be ashamed of what I said post-game. As I said earlier I personally don't put much stock when coaches or players discuss officiating as calls in any/every game go for/against both teams and various stages in a contest, but to (1) make excuses that the Red Wings are "cheating" and "obstructing" and (2) taking little/no accountibility for yourself or your players that everybody on that team needs to step up is just wrong.

I'm not trying to sound like a Red Wings homer, if somebody can show me this I'll gladly step aside. Maybe it's because I don't play the game, I don't know, but I'd like to see any blatant obstruction by the Red Wings. And while pretty much any team acts/embelishes to a certain occassion, to accuse the Wings of blatant diving as well is pretty silly. This isn't soccer/futbol.

I'm no expert coach, but I'd like to offer some advice to Therrien regardless: Referees don't ultimately win/lose you the game (even though they do have effects in a game), the other team "acting" or "cheating" doesn't win/lose you a game. Detroit (and I say this as best I can without sounding like a cocky homer) has just been better overall these last 2 games, and you and your team needs to step up better. Your team producing and stepping up better than the other team wins you hockey games, not any of the other stuff.

Am I off base here? Maybe Pens fans can help me out, perhaps give me another vantage point to the situation?

Agreed. I usually support our opponents when our fans overreact to their comments but Michel Therrien lost his head in this interview. I'd be embarrassed if Babcock said that. I thought MT was better than this.

all I saw was Datsyuk smacking Roberts around until a ref had to get involved.

My G/F, who knows very little about hockey (but loves the hitting and fighting), was all into that. When the scrum started I was pissed and yelling, then Lilja started the show and everyone piles in, she is yelling in excitement about a fight, I see Dats start swinging at Roberts.

She is all into Dats punching him, wants him to swing away more. Me I am swearing at the TV, THAT IS PAVEL DATSYUK, ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD WHAT IS HE DOING!!

Which quickly became this guy is my favorite player now, he may not deliver Probie-esque punches or Kronwallian hits, he may not be the fastest skater or the best in the corners, but after this post season I have seen Pavel Datsyuk do everything you can ask of a hockey player.

He has scored down low, at the dots, forehand, backhand, one timer. He checks, forecheck, backcheck, stick check etc.....

You get my point, but you can also add to that long list of things he does, STANDING UP FOR HIMSELF AND HIS TEAMMATES!!!

There is the toughness that a lot of people on here complained the team was missing.

Great game BTW for the whole team. I missed Saturday nights game but can only imagine it was this game just with a couple of more goals.

The Pens are down to whining and running the Wings players. The funny thing is they are taking runs at Mule, the biggest forward the wings have, and Ozzie the most padded (granted he stuck his arm out at Roberts) player the wings have.

The Pens are starting to show why experience is so important, if the poster that asked that question is still around, the Pens are going to start trying to win this game on an individual basis. And granted they could have the best individual players on their team, but this Wings team is the best in the league!!!

Here's to the wings keeping it up!!!!!

:beerbuddy:

Edited by Opie

The coach needs to learn how to speak English. He soulds like a 5 year old up there trying to get his point across. What a sore looser he is.

he looks like he's going to cry during the game as well...every time the camera pans to the bench his lower lip is quivering and his eyes are swollen.

To paraphrase Tom Hanks: "There's no crying in Hockey!" (from A League of Thier Own)

...aaaaand some Bill Murray: "Are you, Coach Therrien, menstruating right now?" (good ol' Ghostbusters)

I would agree with that statement. Sometimes I wonder if he's going to be called for it.

I'm glad I am not alone here. The first thing I thought when I saw that hit yesterday was " Kronner's got to stop leaving his feet or he's gonna end up in the box." Don't get me wrong, I love watching him knock opposing players on their asses, but it is getting pretty obvious.

Alright, I'm really getting frustrated here. First and foremost, I wasn't able to see the Post Game conference with Therrien, because Versus didn't play it. I'm assuming those that did got it on a local Detroit channel, but I've looked everywhere for a video of it online, or even a transcript with no luck.

Please post a link to the conference in this thread if you have one. I'm dying to see it.

Alright, I'm really getting frustrated here. First and foremost, I wasn't able to see the Post Game conference with Therrien, because Versus didn't play it. I'm assuming those that did got it on a local Detroit channel, but I've looked everywhere for a video of it online, or even a transcript with no luck.

Please post a link to the conference in this thread if you have one. I'm dying to see it.

TSN has it here

Edited by Third Man In

Sounds to me he doesnt have any clue on how to find a system to beat Detroit.

I got that impression also. He is a beaten man. He has no idea how to beat the Wings and he all but admitted that. It would have been nice to show a little class though. Whining that the Wings obstruct and Osgood is diving is pretty lame. You can tell alot about a coach by how he handles getting thoroughly beaten. And what we are finding about Therien is not good.

Just think, people where mentioning his name for the Jack Adams award....

Complaining about the official's. Saying Ozzy is a diver/actor, Detroit is great at obstruction.

I read several quotes from Coach "Ima Winer" Therrien, really made my day! I'd check out Crosby quotes if I understood baby-talk.

Edited by SUPERSTUD

NHL.com streams the conferences.

:nonono:

The first place I always check, is the one I didn't. I shake my head at myself.

lol no worries! It happens to all of us. TSN was a bit slow to get it up last night anyway.

NHL.com streams the conferences.

Yes, this is a good place. Also, the different team portals through NHL.tv also have a lot of pressers and interviews archived pretty quick after the games for free:

Wings TV

Penguins TV

You really want to get into a debate on the slashes, trips, holds, goalie interference and cheapshots going on Mr. Therrien?

Give me a f***in' break. Trying to light a fire under his guys and/or deflecting attention away from them in what have been two THOROUGH beatings already is hilarious. But straight up lying makes you seem pathetic.

And also, how about getting off the bandwagon of pro-Crosby idiots who REFUSE to be truthful. Crosby has been INVISIBLE in this series. His whining - not soo much. Yet we keep hearing and reading about how Evgeni Malkin is to blame for the Pens being down 2-0. Their captain? Sssh. He's THE future of the game. Off-limits. Pul-leeze!!!!!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown: