• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 TrueBlueblood

TrueBlueblood

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

Definitely headhunting by Roberts. The Pens got dirty when they lost 3-0 to the Rangers in game 4 of that series. Malkin with a couple of slew foots to Paul Mara; so this doesn't suprise me one bit. They are a team of low-class sore losers. I hate this Pens team with a passion.

GO WINGS!!!

#62 Turkey

Turkey

NI!

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

I'm surprised by all the shock about this. Gary Roberts is a career cheap shot artist. He hits from behind. He does stuff like this. Nothing new about it really. When you like him, it makes him a "warrior". For the rest of us, it makes him dirty. I'll be glad when he retires.
We shall say 'ni' to you again if you do not appease us!

#63 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

I saw a quote by a pilot once, talking about an accident that had happened on 3 separate occasions "Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a trend"

And I counted at least 3 Pens players who took shots at Franzen's head. Low, disgustingly low. So glad that the Wings aren't like that (at least, since Derian Hatcher left).
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#64 Vladimir316

Vladimir316

Rookie

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

Franzen got sucker punched by Roberts in game 2
I really want to see McCarty kicking the s*** out of him and Kronwall knocking his lights out in game 3

Red Wings:
Serie in 7: $2(0) Serie in 6: $5 (0) Serie in 5: $7(0) Serie in 4: $10(1) Kronwalled: $5(2) Homer Screening Goal: $5(3) Eurotwin combo: $5(2) The Mule Multi Goal: $5(0) Winning Cup: $15(0)

Rangers:
Serie in 7: $4(0) Serie in 6: $7(0) Serie in 5: $10(0) Serie in 4: $15(0) Save previous rounds making finals x: $0.05(143*) Save Stanley Finals x: $0.05(0) Lundqvist Shutout: $5(0) Dubinsky Goal: $2(2) Stepan Goal: $3(0) Goal any Other Rag $1(6) Prust/Avery Fight: $3(0) Winning Cup: $20(0)

TOTAL RED WINGS: $45 TOTAL RANGERS : $10 TOTAL MONEY ON THE BOARD : $55
*objective not completed!
Updated after Second Round Wings

REST IN PEACE DEREK, YOU WILL ENFORCE A LOT MORE IN THE HEAVEN HOCKEY LEAGUE!

#65 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

Gary Roberts is a punk
IPB Image

#66 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

I would call him a dick wad, na too manly so how bout amoeba s***, much more fitting.

#67 djup

djup

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

THey interviewed Roberts about it after the game, and he said that Franzen put his shoulder into him, so Roberts put his shoulder back into Franzen, and his shoulder caught is head.

He must have a oddly shaped shoulder. Either that or his human anatomy teacher back in high school was huffing glue.

#68 arpawocky

arpawocky

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Vladimir316 @ May 27, 2008 - 03:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Franzen got sucker punched by Roberts in game 2
I really want to see McCarty kicking the s*** out of him and Kronwall knocking his lights out in game 3

I would like to see McCarty or Downey out on the first shift against Crosby and give him a little tap to the back of the ankle, just as a warning to the Penguins.

If you are going to go head hunting, how do you feel about your golden boy having off season surgery?

#69 Turkey

Turkey

NI!

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (djup @ May 27, 2008 - 04:10PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THey interviewed Roberts about it after the game, and he said that Franzen put his shoulder into him, so Roberts put his shoulder back into Franzen, and his shoulder caught is head.

He must have a oddly shaped shoulder. Either that or his human anatomy teacher back in high school was huffing glue.

Robert's problem is that he's forgotten that we can all see what happened because it was on camera. Franzen didn't touch him and the didn't get him with is shoulder. He hit him with the hand. I mean seriously Gary? You can't just rewrite history when it's on tape.
We shall say 'ni' to you again if you do not appease us!

#70 Statts

Statts

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (arpawocky @ May 27, 2008 - 01:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to see McCarty or Downey out on the first shift against Crosby and give him a little tap to the back of the ankle, just as a warning to the Penguins.

If you are going to go head hunting, how do you feel about your golden boy having off season surgery?

Any sort of retaliation by the Wings in game 3 would be silly. Was I pissed with what happened in game 2? Yeah, but it goes to show you how frustrated the pens are and have had no answers for the Red Wings up to this point. Red Wings just need to play like they have been, and if the pens want to goon it up this series will be all over, except for the crying by Crosby and Co. biggrin.gif
I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, I'm going to mop the floor with your face.
I said, You'll be sorry.
He said, Oh, yeah? Why?
I said, Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well.
-Emo Philips

#71 sinbin

sinbin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (The Secret @ May 27, 2008 - 08:01AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pens are a sore bunch of losers... thinking they owned everything only to be proven wrong, very wrong by a better team. Its obvious that the Pens are on the last page of their playbook already which lists excuses, complaining, fighting and losing as their objectives... and they are executing with perfection.

GO WINGS!

thumbup.gif AMEN!..... Their inexperience is showing and how immature the little boys are. This the NHL! Go HOME!
Don't be fooled by what you see......

#72 trojanskin

trojanskin

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

#73 TrueBlueblood

TrueBlueblood

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (arpawocky @ May 27, 2008 - 05:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hell yes!! thumbup.gif

#74 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:11 AM

"There was no punch to the head."

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#75 Onetoomany

Onetoomany

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:28 PM

I'm baffled that the league isn't doing anything about this. what if Mac blindsided crosby on the side of the head like that (of course he never would)? Bettman would have suspend him before the finla buzzer sounded....

It's complete bulls**t

#76 ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

Roberts has been reading Pronger's "I never cheap shot, it's the laws of Physics because I'm so tall" excuse book.

Suit up McCarty and put him out there against Roberts right away. But, then again, I don't think you'd even NEED D-Mac when we all saw Roberts get his ass kicked by a non-fighting Euro the other night.

Does Datsyuk have to give his Lady Byng back, now? Are they going to take back his nomination for this year's award, too?
5/23/2009
Random Hawks Fan on Mike Babcock: "The man's name ends with the appropriate 4 letters."
ChicksDigScars' Answer: "He needs that extra appendage so he can put his Stanley Cup ring on it and wave to all the Hawk fans!"

#77 TrueBlueblood

TrueBlueblood

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (esteef @ May 28, 2008 - 12:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"There was no punch to the head."

laugh.gif

#78 RedRockit

RedRockit

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Nev @ May 27, 2008 - 04:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw a quote by a pilot once, talking about an accident that had happened on 3 separate occasions "Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a trend"

And I counted at least 3 Pens players who took shots at Franzen's head. Low, disgustingly low. So glad that the Wings aren't like that (at least, since Derian Hatcher left).

That quote is from Ian Fleming's James Bond book 'Goldfinger'.

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, third time it's enemy action."

And you're very right to use it here. Still, I tend to believe that there's less of an intent-to-injure on Mule than an attempt to get under our lads' skins and make them commit a retaliatory action that draws a pen.

Remember, that's what the Penguins own captain has posited as a winning stategy.... refs calling pens on the Wings... rolleyes.gif

"This is hockey, OK? It's not rocket surgery." - Donnie Shulzhoffer

#79 Wing Fanatic

Wing Fanatic

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:03 PM

Definitely deliberate and a cheapshot! But then again, the whole team was playing dirty. From the hits to Franzen's head, to the almost boarding of Datsyuk. Oh, let's not forget about the slash that knocked Stuart's stick out of his hand RIGHT BEFORE the Pens player shot the puck at the net! Then there was Fleury sticking his rear end out behind the net to slow down Dats. This entire team is nothing but a bunch of LOSERS including the idiot coach who has to resort to whining. I would definitely like to see Kronner line Crosby, Malkin, Malone and Roberts up at the blue line! Either way, the Wings will finish these losers off very soon, they just don't have what it takes to beat Detroit at this time.
Unless they want to be remembered for nothing more accomplished than Gary Roberts' awful, chicken-scat cheap shot left hook to the temple of concussion-recovering Johan Franzen, some kind of magical adjustment that currently seems beyond their capability is needed- Gene Collier Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

#80 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Onetoomany @ May 28, 2008 - 01:28PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm baffled that the league isn't doing anything about this. what if Mac blindsided crosby on the side of the head like that (of course he never would)? Bettman would have suspend him before the finla buzzer sounded....

It's complete bulls**t

Welcome to the NHL.

Don't Toews me, bro!