• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Crosby Press Conference

Rate this topic

I didnt see crosby's conference, but I did watch Terrieans (sp) and he did not mention once the fact that they MUST win the next game. Between all his whining about the obstruction, he didnt really address the fact that they MUST win the next game. I used to respect him, but now, not soo much. Honestly, I would really respect a player who when asked about "ozzies diving" or "obstruction" they didnt respond and would be like "who the f*** cares? we need to ******* win"

just saying, that would make more sense.

Its quite obvious the reason the pens havent been in this series is because the refs suck.

In fact they suck so bad the pens are in the series to begin with.

:blink:

Edited by NHLrules?

Fully agree. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but from what I'm seeing Sidney's a pretty lousy leader.

:rotflmao:

Lol. No offense, the only correct thing about this post is that yes, you DON'T know. All the people that DO know are probably not wrong, man. I've never heard anyone that sees what goes on behind the scenes criticize his leadership skills.

I thought he conducted himself pretty well as a young captain. His team just suffered two tough losses and has yet to score a point in the SCF. Talk about a shot to your pride.

The press conference after the first game, he was alluding to obstruction calls not being made which is lame, but I thought he was fine. This time he left all the whining to his cry-ass of a coach. Seriously, I can't believe how much Therien complained about obstruction. The sick part is it'll probably work and they're gonna get a ton of calls at home next game.

As a coach, I generally think you should be talking about your own team and what they need to do, not crying about obstruction. Instead Therien basically said the Wings were cheating and getting away with it, and Osgood is a diver. The young Jordan Stall had more insightful comments after the game than his friggin coach.

as always, you are the smartest man in the room. by the way, where's HOH?

Crosby is an idiot or maybe just too immature to be a captain. He never holds himself accountable and instead of saying they need to play better he makes excuses. His comment "if we chip the puck in we will get the puck or they will take penalties, if we use our speed they wont be able to handle us" Does he know who Lidstrom is?

Not my favorite player, but still... good kid taking bad example from a complete ****** of a coach, imo.

Therrien? Yea, by all means, he should complain some about the officiating.. but his entire press conference shouldn't be relegated to that and calling the other team divers.

As for players, way I see it, it's management's and individual victimized player's jobs to complain about officiating. The Captain should be up there "Yea, you know, we need to skate harder, capitalize on our chances, hit them solid and stay clean, put shots on net and make sure to wipe our asses with 2 ply" It's his job to look 1 notch above the rest and to set a good example for the team.. not first going after the officiating and every other possible external reason why the lost, instead focusing on how /they/ can improve.

Maybe us Wings fan are a spoiled lot, but what can I say? The guy is 20 and has a god-awful example in MT.

You only got shut out twice in row... so you're right Sidney, it's really no big deal.

It's just the Stanley Cup finals, that's all...

I think Kidney is a better name, but that would be an insult to all the people who are on dialisys.,.

bilde-6.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!!!

So how many shots did the great pens get anyways?

But we didn't get more scoring chances right?

He is an idiot. I'm glad that everyone is starting to see that he is not as great as the media claims. He is playing with a lot of energy but still he is playing like crap. Maybe he needs to stop complaining to the refs all game long and sack up and play.

We listened to it on the radio in the van on the way home from the game... and we almost drove off the road we were laughing so hard at Crosby's comments.

Edited by Gizmo

Throughout the playoffs, the Pens have lived by their PP. Now that the Wings are shutting that down...they really don't know how to respond..and props to Osgood who is playing out of his mind...

there was also an interesting comment made before game 2, comparing the Flyers series to this one, where the Flyers D men allowed them the zone and backed up, whereas the Wings D men are challenging at the blueline, probably because the Wings d men are better suited to keep up and recover when beaten..our D men were too slow for that...and the Pens just can't seem to break through.

I can't stand Sidney Crosby, I just can't. But that being said, the kid is only 20 years old, is being hailed as the savior, brings his team to the finals in only his 3rd year, only to see his team shut-out and outscored 7-0 in the 1st two games. It's a this point that team needs a strong leader, and through no fault of his own...it's not Crosby. I always get a kick out of people saying that the Wings need to get younger, but this is the prime example of where experience pays off. A 20 year old kid isn't going to have the right things to say, whereas a seasoned vet who has been around long enough, will know what to say. Now more than ever the Penguins need someone to step-up and rally the troops, and it doesn't look like they can rely on their Vets...I mean if Gary Roberts is leading by example then this series is already over. It will be truly interesting to see if Crosby steps-up in game 3 and takes control or disappears.

awe come on, what do you expect him to say? Think back to 95 (If you were watching). The pens are alot like the Wings were. Totally dominating, huge amount of offensive firepower while everyone kissed their ass about how unstoppable they are. The pens right now fortunately don't have a answer to the Wings game plan. Now as the Captain, the last thing he would want to portray is a guy that is down and feels defeated. He has to try to muster as much confidence to feed to his team before they go home. He knows that the Pens have been unbelievable at home. Too whiney of a PC, but what I would expect from him.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the wings get out to an early lead, we're not going to play the same hockey as if we're down 1 or if its 0-0. We get the lead and we usually hold it. Granted i know we're still out there making strong offensive pushes, but we're not going into an offensive frenzy and pulling up a D-man or anything. How many scoring chances do we need when we're up 2-0? We just stay patient and and eventually things bounce the right way...and we ended the night 3-0.

You can't compare energy levels and effort between two teams when one clearly has control of the entire game from the first drop of the puck in game 2. The Pens looked really good in that first period of the first game; everything else has been in reaction to what we've done to them. It's a head game for the pens, maybe their home ice will settle them down. They looked extremely young last night, and the classless play of their more 'experienced' players was trash. It looked as if Crosby lost control of his team after the first two detroit goals. Once they started gooning it up, it just appeared to me that Crosby wasn't all there...like he didn't want things going in that direction.

awe come on, what do you expect him to say?

Well, a more mature player who's given the "C" could do one of the two things (or a combination):

1) Admit your team's short comings so far, but then try and rally the troops to re-group for Game 3.

2) Call out your team and challenge them to pick things up to the level of play that's needed.

Whining about the refs and complaining about "the other guys" isn't going to get the job done.

Edited by Gizmo

From everything I have heard, Crosby has been doing all the right things as captain. I didn't see the press conference, but I imagine some of his comments are out of frustration, however, I imagine that his comments are purposeful as well. There is more obstruction on him than anyone else, so I am not surprised if he chose to talk about it. All he is really trying to do is get the refs thinking about it for the next game. Normally it is the coach that does this, but whatever.

I thought the reffing was pathetic in game 2, absolutely pathetic. I thought they let a kinds of obstruction go and the calls they made were very weak. They let clear cut penalties go uncalled and then they would call ones that you really aren't sure where the penalty was. The Wings might have been obstructing a little bit more, but in terms of reffing, I think the refs missed calls on both sides and made bad calls on both sides.

I'm going to go back to the experience factor again, the Wings know when they can get away with little things and when they can't.....this seems to be frustrating the Pens.

Back to Crosby as captain...I think his main message after game 1 was dead on. He told his team that they were giving Detroit too much respect, which was so true...unfortunately for them, they gave them too much respect in game 2 as well. I'm not sure why, but they keep backing in way off the blue line when the Wings get the zone, which gives them so much room to work with, this is what teams were doing with Pittsburgh earlier in the playoffs and what the Wings are not doing, again, I think this is the experience factor shining through.

Well, a more mature player who's given the "C" could do one of the two things (or a combination):

1) Admit your team's short comings so far, but then try and rally the troops to re-group for Game 3.

2) Call out your team and challenge them to pick things up to the level of play that's needed.

Whining about the refs and complaining about "the other guys" isn't going to get the job done.

I don't like your advice, I don't think that is something that you go and talk about too much publicly, what's the point? I'm sure his private conversations with his team are quite different from his public press conferences.

I don't like your advice, I don't think that is something that you go and talk about too much publicly, what's the point? I'm sure his private conversations with his team are quite different from his public press conferences.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do something like that (and I said #2 was one option that would be better than whining). You can publicly "call out" your team without getting personal or pointing out examples... and save that level of detail for the locker room in private.

Edited by Gizmo