No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Thoughts on Joanette, Watson

Rate this topic

My first thought was - WHO?

I thought this thread was about a prospect the Wings were looking at. hehehe

I thought the game was well called.

The "let go" calls were fairly equal despite the 20,000 refs in the seats.

I think they let the teams play but not to the point where it got out of control and not to the point where power plays decided the game.

The penguins are so overmatched it will be hard for the NHL to take the cup away from the wings.

I mean, SHOCKINGLY over matched.

Even Mes, who came out and said the Pens would win, had nothing to say tonight.

He stammerred and stuttered all over himself like a 15 year old at home coming.

It was cool to see.

The refs sucked. And I am thoroughly disgusted that anyone on this site could see it any other way. Ever. They sucked. Repeat 100x please.

Actually I thought they were pretty good tonight.

MUCH better than I expected.

I thought they were a lot more consistent. I wouldn't really say they called a GOOD game. They made some bad calls both way (a few crappy hooking calls) and they also didn't call a few they should have both ways. Thats all I really ask for though. I would rather have them not call penalties than call a bunch of crappy hooking calls.

Officiating wasn't great, it had some inconsistencies, but with all that s*** that was flying around (especially later in the game) they caught a good amount from both sides. I'd be happy with better, but atleast they weren't making calls with bias/reputation, which is like 93298923391912391238 times better than last game.

They were definitely more consistent than Devorski and O'Halloran. It wasn't a "Let's give Pittsburgh four PPs in a row...oops, now we have to give some to Detroit!" kind of game like O'Halloran calls. The penalties were back and forth. Sure, there were some borderline calls, some flat out missed calls (on both ends), but it was a consistency that we didn't see in Game 1.

After seeing O'Halloran ref, how can anyone else look worse? All these refs missed were some hard to catch penalties, and there were soft penalties, but I'll take those over disallowed goals and ridiculous phantom calls at crucial moments any day of the week.