• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey9019

Parade

Rate this topic

No not talking about the posibility of this years, don't want to jinx it, but was wondering if anyone here been to any of the past parades? I was younger, and just watched it on TV. What was it like? Where were you at?

i was also wondering when these parades usually take place? I cant remember if they were on the weeekends or during the week. Kinda curious in case we wini wanted to know if i would have to call in sick....haha

During the week, usually a couple of days after the team wins...it's pretty spur-of-the-moment.

let's win it and then think of parades. it's bad jinx to look to far ahead

and call it done.

not that I could foresee Pens winning this series but I'd rather wait

once this is sealed and done.

i was at the 97 and 98 parades. i missed the 2002 one.

haha..the best/worst parade moment for me was, in 98, when stevie came by, he had a big inflatable godzilla attached to a broom (i imagine maybe someone had given it to him earlier in the route or something?) he extended his arm toward me as if to give it to me. i extended mine to grab it. it was inches away from my grasp. and then...

..he noticed some little freakin kid in a wheelchair that was next to me and gave it to him instead.

i was twelve, insensitive and PISSED OFF. somehow i found it in my heart to forgive our captain. but i swear to god if i ever see that little handicapped kid again... :sly::P

Usually when the Wings are one win away from the Cup, Downtown Detroit will start prepping for the parade. It happens down Woodward. It's usually on a weekday and about 2-4 days after they win the Cup. First they do the Stanley Celebration on TV where all the players talk, and then the next morning the Parade is held.

I've been to '98 & '02. It was a blast!

I went in 2002 and it was the greatest time ever. My recommendation is going to Hart Plaza, its the place to be. There is music, they played a period from each round, inc. the first period of Game 7 vs. the Avs with the four goals. When the parade is going on, they air it live and then the rally is at Hart Plaza itself.

dont talk about parades! we still need 2 more wins!

I'm not talking about parades this year. Read my OP. I was talking about the past years, and seeing if anyone went and what they thought about it.

;)