• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 3 GDT: Penguins 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

IIRC, the reason he was initially removed from the lineup this time was that the leg that had the bone chip in it was hurting him. However, I don't know if now Babcock is rewarding Lilja or not with his continued presence.

Babcock doesn't like to change a winning lineup either, so that's probably part of the reason Lilja's still in. Though he has played well except for that one (rather large) gaffe last game.

Babcock doesn't like to change a winning lineup either, so that's probably part of the reason Lilja's still in. Though he has played well except for that one (rather large) gaffe last game.

Yeah that's probably it. If wings loose one or two games, Chelios might replace Lilja again.

I loved it when Babcock was asked if the Wings would have to weather the storm early in Game 3 and he just said "Why can't we be the storm?".

I'm so glad someone mentioned that. The Pens have a glass jaw right now, so winning the first period tonight could mean the sweep and the cup. I say 3-1 Wings (Pavel and Franzen plus an empty netter).

Penguins 18, Red Wings 2

With the series shifting to Pittsburgh, Detroit forward Johan Franzen was again the victim of countless cheap shots to the head by the Penguins. When asked why the team was so blatantly targeting Franzen's head, Penguins forward Gary Roberts explained, "It was just a misunderstanding. We didn't find out until after the game that coach was talking about being physical in our home arena when he told us to 'hit 'em hard in the Mellon'."

Asked what he needed from his team in order to win game 3, Pittsburgh coach Michel Therrien said, "Better crying from Sid. Look, we're not getting the whistles and our captain needs to step it up. Just having red, watery eyes and a runny nose isn't enough. We need convulsive sobbing, like when a person very close to you dies. This is the Stanley Cup playoffs and we need Sid to leave everything on the ice. I'm talking about all of his bodily fluids, especially."

This game scares me. The first two games were so huge and the Wings dominated so utterly that I'm afraid of a letdown in intensity. *cough*Dallas*cough*

And I'm afraid of the refereeing... Crosby's and Therrien's comments post Game 2 will have all eyes upon the officiating, and the zebras could feel they've got something to prove, and you just KNOW it will come at the Red Wings' expense.

Having said all that, we've got Franzen back and kicking much arse, and that's a huge shot in the ol' confidence arm.

Be the storm, guys! (Babcock positively RULES, what a great line)

Edited by RedRockit

LETS GO RED WINGS!

I see a 3 to 1 win.

My brother is all about a "conspiracy" still. He thinks that Gary Bettman wanted us to win 2 straight, so the pens can win the next four in a row and be seen as some goliath-like team. Also he thinks the Oceanic 815 wreck at the bottom of the ocean was staged.

I really don't think that the refs will change there approach, I mean it is not like the wings were running players at the end of the game. With the way the Pens ended the game I think the refs will be looking for the physical stuff more than obstruction or diving from the Wings.

I really think the coach and team have lost their composure.

Penguins 18, Red Wings 2

With the series shifting to Pittsburgh, Detroit forward Johan Franzen was again the victim of countless cheap shots to the head by the Penguins. When asked why the team was so blatantly targeting Franzen's head, Penguins forward Gary Roberts explained, "It was just a misunderstanding. We didn't find out until after the game that coach was talking about being physical in our home arena when he told us to 'hit 'em hard in the Mellon'."

Asked what he needed from his team in order to win game 3, Pittsburgh coach Michel Therrien said, "Better crying from Sid. Look, we're not getting the whistles and our captain needs to step it up. Just having red, watery eyes and a runny nose isn't enough. We need convulsive sobbing, like when a person very close to you dies. This is the Stanley Cup playoffs and we need Sid to leave everything on the ice. I'm talking about all of his bodily fluids, especially."

lol... nice! :thumbup:

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

a little off topic but funny none the less. i just went to my local fantic u sports store in taylor and at one entrance they had a penguins jersey taped to the floor as the door mat and the other door had a pennet.you can bet i wiped my shoes off on both....lol. good stuff.

go wings!

Penguins 18, Red Wings 2

When asked why the team was so blatantly targeting Franzen's head, Penguins forward Gary Roberts explained, "It was just a misunderstanding. We didn't find out until after the game that coach was talking about being physical in our home arena when he told us to 'hit 'em hard in the Mellon'."

:lol:

We need convulsive sobbing, like when a person very close to you dies. This is the Stanley Cup playoffs and we need Sid to leave everything on the ice. I'm talking about all of his bodily fluids, especially."

And double :lol:

a little off topic but funny none the less. i just went to my local fantic u sports store in taylor and at one entrance they had a penguins jersey taped to the floor as the door mat and the other door had a pennet.you can bet i wiped my shoes off on both....lol. good stuff.

go wings!

Excellent.

I could see this game being only a bit tighter, that being said, its not like there was even much in the gray area that wouldnt go both ways.

Without Dan "the Hitman" O'Halloran we win 4-2, with him and in the wake of that Whiny ***** of a coach's continual whining I say Pens win 3-2 in OT.

It will be interesting to see how the Pens match up when they have the matchups they want. They didn't seem to be too upset with Malone/Crosby/Hossa going up against the ZDH line, but we all know how that worked out for them.

Plus with the match ups, I could see Lids/Rafi seeing 30 mins and Stuart/Kronner seeing 25+

God have mercy on Crosby or Malkin if they dont watch from Kronner tonight...

Edited by Shaman464

I already picked my score for the game , but the more I think about it " I would much rather see Datz and Mule put out a ton of offensive fire power.......and put this thing away today !!

CONVINCINGLY !!!!

I am just happy that this game is on NBC, instead of VS. The area I am in in Louisiana right now does not get VS, so I had to watch the last game on my laptop.

I have a feeling that the teams will split in Pitt. and the Wings win it at home in game 5.

By the way great job on the thread Aflac.

I am just happy that this game is on NBC, instead of VS. The area I am in in Louisiana right now does not get VS, so I had to watch the last game on my laptop.

I have a feeling that the teams will split in Pitt. and the Wings win it at home in game 5.

By the way great job on the thread Aflac.

Same. I finally get to watch a game in HD!