• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 3 GDT: Penguins 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

The Wings put forth a valiant effort but with their backs seemingly against a wall and a fired up crowd behind them the Penguins come out firing and with under 2 minutes left in a game tied 3-3, Hossa scores to seal the win.

Somewhere Gary Bettman and Don Cherry french kiss.

Edited by proof

Nice BM with the game day prediction!

let's go RED WINGS! Thank god HD game tonight hooray!

Red Wings Nation West - game day event at our house on Saturday - click my signature :)

It's pizza and easy stuff as I just had surgery on May 22nd. I'll be parked on the couch.

GO RED WINGS! You can do it! Come out hard!!! Take it to them in the MELLON! lol

Yes RWNW you better be there on Saturday or I'll be looking for you!

I like Babcock's approach to game 3--don't weather the storm, BE the storm. Another early goal or two would be huge. But the Wings need to respond if the Pens score first in this one.

I want to see the Wings bear down on the PP more this game. Granted, a lot of the PPs have been late in the game when the Wings were just killing the clock, so the PP success rate for this series is a bit distorted. But they can't expect to remain 0-for the series and win on the road.

Full 60 minutes tonight. Mule's gonna bring it tonight. :sly: Go Wings!

was watching that "hockey show" on nhl.com and the segment whats in the box. They had penguins fan touch a octopus, hopefully the curse continues.

I want to see the Wings bear down on the PP more this game.

This. Detroit can talk all they want about how they retaliate by scoring instead of fighting, but so far they've been completely ineffective on the PP. The 1 goal they've scored came with ~12 seconds to go in the 1st game, so they're essentially 0-fer this series. Granted, 14 powerplays is not a favorable statistic considering a few of those ended early or began later and only ran for 10-30 seconds, but still.

The biggest thing will be weathering the storm. It seems inevitable that Pittsburgh is going to score their first goal at home, and that is going to give them a tremendous boost, especially with the crowd behind them. Detroit would do well for themselves by scoring first and not faltering if Pittsburgh puts one in the net.

Detroit's looking really good and Babcock is absolutely pumped for Game 3, so I have a ton of confidence that they can pull this off. Pittsburgh is going to play their best game yet, but Detroit sounds ready to up the ante as well.

HUGE game. Detroit need to keep these young whiney punks in the B league where they belong.

I actually don't think this is a HUGE game for the Wings. (As non-huge as any Cup Finals game can be, anyway.)

Games 1 and 2 established who the better team is. The Pens NEED this win, so it's huge for them, but even if they win, Wings are still up 2-1, and the Pens still need three of four, which they're not getting, to win the Cup.

Pavel is gonna pot two tonight! Afterwords Therrien will complain that these damn Europeans are ruining the league and should be reprimanded!

Edited by Nort