• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 3 GDT: Penguins 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

So Pittburgh dominates for 25% of the period and everyones freaking out. This game could as easily be tied as us being down by more. Settle down people the games not even half over and last I checked we're up 2-0 in the series. We lose and we can very easily get the split setting us to win at home in game 5, they lose and the series is practically over.

That's what people were saying when we lost game 3 to Nashville, and we barely won that series. I don't want this to become 2-1 with them having more momentum for game 4. We need to win tonight, and make the Cup inevitable.

The two best scoring chances in the series for the Pens (one of which led to a goal) were because of defensemen doing something dumb. It's the one thing I hate about this team. Once they start making mistakes, teams capitalize a lot of the times. It happened in the Nashville and Dallas series'. Yeah, I know, it's nearly impossible to play mistake-free hockey, but some of the mistakes just make me shake my head.

Edited by Reilly

Yep, their arena is deafening. Gotta give a massive lift to the Pens.

It is all about mic positioning, the Joe is horrible for accoustics, thus is why you do not see as many concerts there as the Palace.

What's so dumb about the play, honestly? If that would've gone to Zetterberg's stick nobody would have had a problem with Stuart's play.

It was bad luck.

You're right that it wasn't a bad decision by Stuart, but since it didn't go to Hank's stick we do have a problem with it :P

It wasn't bad luck, it was a bad pass. Big difference.

Seriously... Osgood, as much as we love him.. could've had that last goal.

For f***s sake, come on... Any goalie can save any goal if you look at it under a microscope.

Turnover 15' inside of the blueline, puck takes a weird bounce off Stuart, and Crosby stuffs it. I credit Oz for getting across and square to the shot that quickly, unfortunately he didn't have time to close everything.

That one goes square on Stuart.

Pierre McGuire is a hack. Every second the Wings are on the ice he says "They got away with one there". Again, another case of the NHL adjusting its rules to suite the needs of a specific team. If it wasn't a hook in game two it shouldn't be a hook in game three. The same can be said about every other call.

Our giveaways are killing us. Osgood has been awesome, but I know he wants that goal back. He should have been quicker on the 5 hole. When Crosby celebrated that goal I thought he was going to take a dump on the ice!

LETS GO WINGS!!!

Come on 'D' lock it up!

HAHA. I told my girlfriend he looked like he was gonna crap his pants!! Thats hilarious. I hope somebodys got a still of that, cause that would make an awesome photoshopper.

I know what you mean. I'm getting the same feed.

"What a shot by Sidney Crosby. What a pass by Sidney Crosby. What speed by Sidney Crosby".

It's never just Crosby, always SIDNEY CROSBY.

Wings played a pretty ordinary period and in reality are lucky not to be at least 2 or 3 goals down. Our PP is also really bad right now.

It's the same thing with USC's QB John David BOoty. They can't say it enough. Nauseating.

It is all about mic positioning, the Joe is horrible for accoustics, thus is why you do not see as many concerts there as the Palace.

Or Cobo Hall, or St. Andrews Hall, or the State Theater, Phoenix Ampetheater etc etc

I am so glad to be watching CBC.. Cherrys suit is too much :drunk:

the biased media,,, sucks :guns:

LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hockey:

These guys are way too excited about Sidney Crosby. They're like...literally drooling over themselves.

It's embarassing. There are no other players on the ice, obviously.

They haven't talked about ANYONE or anything other than Crosby, and that is NO exaggeration.

I'm confident. It's early in the game, Pittsburgh is playing about as well as they had all series, they just got a goal finally. The Wings just have to keep doing what they're doing and putting the pressure on. They cannot, absolutely cannot, allow Pittsburgh to play the game they want.

I wonder if next intermission will have a video retrospective on Lidstrom or Zetterberg? Or even a recap of the Red Wings history or season? Doubtful. That would be too fair.

Edited by VM1138