• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 3 GDT: Penguins 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

The more this series goes on, the more I want to start taking back all the times I defending Crosby.

An incredible talent, but he still needs to grow up.

I hear ya. I had never actually seen him play until this series (Oh, Winter Classic also), but now I don't have any respect for him. He's a mini Forsberg.

LETS GO WINGS!!!!

Edited by savaking72

Pittsburgh got a MONSTROUS break with that missed double-minor call on Staal. Amazing.

After a good start it appeared the Red Wings sat back a bit as Pittsburgh built off a couple of solid shifts that resulted in the lead. Make no bones about it, Pittsburgh is being far more aggressive in this game and it's resulting in some brainfarts and unforced errors.

I'm not seeing the same effort to finish checks and outwork the Penguins in corners so far in this game, consistently, anyway. It's been there for flashes but not nearly consistent enough.

Need to keep going hard to the net and stop trying to overthink the shots on net -- just get it on net. The loose pucks and rebounds are there.

Seeing some of the same problems that plagued the Wings at times vs. Nashville and Dallas: getting hemmed into their own zone and not making smart plays to clear the zone.

Definitely room for improvement and overall the Red Wings aren't getting vastly outplayed here. Tighten up defensively and ramp up the aggressiveness and they'll be fine.

Agreed.

They've made a lot of sloppy passes getting out of their own end that lead to the Pens breaking up the pass and maintaining pressure.

Some sloppiness by the Wings, and looking a little outworked.

20 minutes left. Just win the 3rd 2-0, Wings :thumbup:

3-1,I tell you!

I hate you. :lol:

The problem I have with OT (other than it taking about a decade off my life) is that a Penguins win in OT would probably be more powerful for them than a regulation one.

:lol:

No need to eat your vegetables,if you're a Red Wings fan?

AO is great, but what the hell is wrong with the announcers tonight? It's like they've been drinking or something.

Their man love for Cindy Crosby is making them delusional!!

NBC Sounds of the Game:

Crosby "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAobstructionWHAAAAAAAAAAAOsgood divingWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIf you think my stach is bad, you should see my ballsWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."

Agreed.

They've made a lot of sloppy passes getting out of their own end that lead to the Pens breaking up the pass and maintaining pressure.

Some sloppiness by the Wings, and looking a little outworked.

They improved at the end. I think the Pens are in for a surprise in the 3rd. The Wings feed off of this type of situation.

Especially considering the TYPE of goal Franzen scored, I fully expect the Wings to be better with the puck going into Pittsburgh and crashing the net. That's when their best chances have come, I'm sure they noticed. Plus, that gives a better chance of Pittsburgh taking some bad penalties.

NBC Sounds of the Game:

Crosby "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAobstructionWHAAAAAAAAAAAOsgood divingWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIf you think my stach is bad, you should see my ballsWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."

lol what balls?