• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 3 GDT: Penguins 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

No one here should be worried... we had a crappy performance yes, but s***. THEY WON BY 1 FRICKEN GOAL.. as has been said before, this is the wings to lose, and I cannot see the wings losing the next 3-4 games. All the wings have to do is win one of the games in pit, if im not mistaken, theres 1 more to be played.

GO WINGS!

This is where our experience shows. Plus, great pit won a game.. now they have to wait till saturday to play again, more time between game=Less momentum to carry over to the next game.

Full confidence in our red and whites. BRING US TO THE PROMISE LAND, BRING US THE CUP!

Is that a joke? You really want Crosby-Lebda playing against Hossa/Malkin or Crosby/Malkin?

Lilja is here to stay.

Personally, I think you have a better chance of seeing Meech or Ericsson over Chelios, hes as done as Hasek.

I only think it's possible because it's Chris Chelios. You knew he wasn't going to get back in as long as the Wings were winning, I'm just thinking Babs might throw him a bone or something.

We have to clear the zone cleaner....that turnover by Stuart put us playing from behind....and those maddening penalties....we can't keep expect to keep killling them off....Pitt will eventually start putting a few in....we need to get ahead and not play from behind.....

All of the goals scored tonight by the pens came off of turn overs in our end. I can't fault Osgood for the first two goals, but he was out of position on the 3rd. I think on the 3rd Osgood was thinking it's all me since the D is sucking so much.

With all due respect, I don't buy that.

While the first two came off of turnovers, I still think he should have had BOTH.

Had he had his stick on the ice on the first, it never goes five-hole on him. It surprised him. It shouldn't have.

He put a TERRIBLE rebound right on Crosby's stick on the second goal.

The third, he was dinkering around behind the net when he should have been focused and tight.

Hopefully it was nothing more than a case where Oz had Fruity Pebbles and sponge baths on his mind, and he'll shake it off before the next Game.

Stuart had one bad game and you think he should be benched!!

People do the same to Lilja. *shrug*

Personally, I don't see Chelios coming back in. But if Stuart plays like he did tonight in Game 4, bench the crap out of him.

Eh, I think Crosby got his two goals for the series. I don't expect him to score again.

Who else is happy that the mule just continues to dominate. I am not only excited about this year but the next five years because of him!!!!!!

Now I have a decision to make...Zetterberg jersey again for the next game? I suppose I will. If we lose game 4, then it's back to the Lids jersey that won nine in a row. :P

Now it's clear why we lost tonight. It wasn't the Wings...it was YOU!!!!

I'm just glad we don't really have to worry about making any adjustments. Couple of bad, extremely ill timed passes taken out and we might have won this one.

Tonight Z looked like he's spent too much time watching Sammy shoot. Hopefully he gets the magic back next game.

Sucks to lose but at least we didn't get completely violated like a certain other NHL team that's still playing this late in the season.

Im glad, it can kill their momentum.

I'm with you. The next two days Pittsburgh, Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury can hear about how great they are, while we make some adjustments and get ready to take a 3-1 series lead Saturday night.

Eh, I think Crosby got his two goals for the series. I don't expect him to score again.

Who else is happy that the mule just continues to dominate. I am not only excited about this year but the next five years because of him!!!!!!

Seriously. He decided that since the rest of the team wasn't playing too well he'd do it himself, and he almost tied the game up a couple times.

I only think it's possible because it's Chris Chelios. You knew he wasn't going to get back in as long as the Wings were winning, I'm just thinking Babs might throw him a bone or something.

Chris Chelios has been riding the coattails of his career for about two seasons. Hes the exact opposite of what we need on the backend. He gets beat constantly behind the goal line and along the boards because he holds the puck too long. His outlet pass isn't as fast or long as the other D-men. Along with the fact that every member of the Penguins can physically dominate Cheli.

Nice career but this is the Finals, the same reason McCarty is sitting is the same reason Chelios will sit. If this is the regular season or we're at home we can have the luxury of carrying a novelty roster spot.

I know theres A LOT of hate for Lilja but he doesn't get physically dominated. He may be devoid of offensive talent but he can clear the crease. Even Kronwall and Stuart are having a tough time working over Hossa, Malone and Malkin.

Quincey or Ericsson would be a nice addition at this point.

Then explain the wings falling and losing their edges so much. My entire hockey team all came to that same conclusion. Bad soft ice can kill teams. NBC said "Pittsburgh's ice is about at par. See the puck bouncing around. The ice is starting to deteriorate." I will attribute quite a few bad passes from the wings.

It's a moot point; the Wings were trying for dimwit passes half the night that had nothing to do with physics and everything to do with their collective headspace.

Bad ice is not an excuse.

Edited by Dabura

Now it's clear why we lost tonight. It wasn't the Wings...it was YOU!!!!

Bah, this jersey was (overall) 5-1 until tonight! :P

If it falls to 5-3 on Saturday, it's back to the ol' 9-2 Lids jersey.