• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phazon

Scott Burnside's bias

Rate this topic

Seriously, ESPN's Scott Burnside must be the biggest Wings hater or the biggest Pens homer I ever seen. He is writing like three articles a day about his Penguins and what must be done in order to beat the Wings.

You know, I thought these news channels would be a bit more objective and all, but it is pretty clear that everyone wants to see the leagues golden darling wins his cup.

It makes me very annoyed, as the Wings barely gets any credit at all.

Burnside's usually pretty fair to the Wings. But yeah, the Pens are the NHL's golden team, so it's going to test the limits of the most objective people.

yeah but if you kept up with ESPN's website coverage lately, all his writing has been about crosby and his pens. Blah blah, so when they are gonna write an article about the wings?

IF Wings wins the cup, I am sure he gonna make an article about Crosby and how he will win it next year instead.

Edited by Phazon

It's to be expected. Detroit's gone up 2-0 in each of their playoff series this year, and I think each time there have been articles like this, "What *X-Team* Must Do To Get Back In The Series..."

Honestly, I'll suffer through tons of articles like that as long as it's not "What Detroit Must Do..."

yeah but if you kept up with ESPN's website coverage lately, all his writing has been about crosby and his pens. Blah blah, so when they are gonna write an article about the wings?

IF Wings wins the cup, I am sure he gonna make an article about Crosby and how he will win it next year instead.

I understand your frustration, but the story is clearly how the Pens can avoid self-destructing. The Wings are steamrolling, yes, but there have been tons of articles about this. How many different ways can you say "The Wings will continue doing what they are doing?" Really the interesting part isn't that the Wings will play the same, but the revolving door of roster spots and the panic in the Pens dressing room. So I understand why all the focus is on the Pens RIGHT NOW.

It's to be expected. Detroit's gone up 2-0 in each of their playoff series this year, and I think each time there have been articles like this, "What *X-Team* Must Do To Get Back In The Series..."

Honestly, I'll suffer through tons of articles like that as long as it's not "What Detroit Must Do..."

but if Wings falls behind all articles will be about crosby and his greatness instead. Book on it.

but if Wings falls behind all articles will be about crosby and his greatness instead. Book on it.

Possibly. But if guys like Burnside are going to write only about the Penguins, which situation would you rather the article be about?

I could complain about the lack of coverage as well, but if Detroit gets 2 more wins then we'll have coverage to our hearts content!

You know, I thought these news channels would be a bit more objective and all, but it is pretty clear that everyone wants to see the leagues golden darling wins his cup.

Crosby will win a Cup, but not this year.

Here's a news flash: "What Must Team X Do To Get Back In The Series?" is bread and butter for columnists. They write them all the time. The mere presence of such a column does not indicate bias. Period.

but he also predicted pens in 5 games, defended Therrien when he critized red wings and osgood, plus he writes the stat tracker of crosby every game. SO yes, he has definitely shown some bias for pens this series.

there is your newsflash

Edited by Phazon

meh. i just think that most neutral hockey fans and reporters would like to see a more competitive series. i know if i was a neutral then i would be rooting for the pens to make a series of it.

Burnside is, historically, very kind to the Wings. And like BlueMonk said, that Lemieux piece was scathing.

Having said that, my respect for him has lowered quite a bit over the course of the last couple of weeks. The guy's on crack lately.

Seriously, ESPN's Scott Burnside must be the biggest Wings hater or the biggest Pens homer I ever seen. He is writing like three articles a day about his Penguins and what must be done in order to beat the Wings.

It makes me very annoyed, as the Wings barely gets any credit at all.

Waaaah. My team doesn't get any credit. Waaaah.

You're a fan of the f***in' Detroit Red Wings. Your credit is hangin' in the rafters. Who gives a s*** what Scott Burnside is writing about?

You're a fan of the f***in' Detroit Red Wings. Your credit is hangin' in the rafters. Who gives a s*** what Scott Burnside is writing about?

wings just deserves more credit as everyone in the media wants crosby to win.

HAHAHA. I give you props on that one.

wings just deserves more credit as everyone in the media wants crosby to win.

Again, why does it matter? Your team is up 2-0 and probably is going win the cup. Why does the media have such a big affect on you?

...yeah sounds like the Miami Heat's golden boy a few years ago! Wade this Wade that, Wade gets his Championship and now Wade has....yuck....Star Jones....belch!

...but if it were Detroit down 2-0 it wouldn't be "What Detroit Must Do..." it would be, "The Pens Are Unstoppable! Crosby is God!!! Roberts Grit Carries Pens Passed All! All Hail Pittsburgh!" or *X-Team*...

Again, why does it matter? Your team is up 2-0 and probably is going win the cup. Why does the media have such a big affect on you?

You serious? Let's say your beloved stars was in the finals, and even if you were dominating you would hear about the other team all the time anyway. You would like that?

To be fair, the media is the face of the NHL. At least to the casual fans and non-fans out there. What media outlets say does have some impact, albeit one that means nothing to hardcore fans of the game.

You mean when the Stars were criticized for cheating to win the Cup in 99, you weren't the least bit upset, and aren't still upset for constantly having to hear about it?

You serious? Let's say your beloved stars was in the finals, and even if you were dominating you would hear about the other team all the time anyway. You would like that?

Are you kidding me? I live in Dallas. We play in Dallas. We could win the cup, sign Gretzky himself out of retirement, go 82-0 amass every single individual award possible and we would still be back page material.

A Detroit Red Wing fan complaining about not being in the media enough is laughable from my stand-point.

You mean when the Stars were criticized for cheating to win the Cup in 99, you weren't the least bit upset, and aren't still upset for constantly having to hear about it?

We dont hear it much outside of Buffalo fans on our boards.