• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Will the Pens' whining help them get the calls tonight?

Rate this topic

We have seen in the past, when someone whines enough about a particular penalty, eventually that penalty starts being called due to all the attention it gets.

Just look at what happened with Homer when coaches started to ***** about his interference. Now he constantly gets called for interference because of all the other teams constantly bringing it up.

We also see coaches in basketball cry after a badly officiated game, only to have those same calls go their way the next game. Phil Jackson is a great example of this.

So what do you guys think? Would you be surprised if we see more obstruction and interference calls against the Wings tonight than what we've seen in the past.

I wouldn't.

- The NHL doesn't like this shutout business

- Therrien is complaining

- O'Hally's in

I'm expecting the calls to be wildly lopsided. There's a chance Therrien's theatrics will backfire, but I really doubt it.

The Wings will need to play a perfect 60 minutes.

I would say that based upon Babcock's pre-Game Press Conference comments today regarding the matter, that the League has not taken kindly to Therrien's whining, and have advised him of that fact in their meeting this afternoon.

Anyway....

Go, Wings, GO!!!!

I really dont know which way it will go. I would like to think that since its the finals they would just call the game as it is but it is the NHL so who knows. I am a little afraid about this obstruction business, I hope they dont start calling phantom calls on that one.

Also, not that he would disclose all that was said, but Babcock in his press conference today said that the league met with both teams and most of the meeting was about head shots.....and we all know what team that applies to.

Penguins on NBC primetime.

You dont think the officials have been "talked to" about the Wings obstruction.

I would almost bet my house the NHL will give Crosby their posterboy a chance to showcase his powerplay "skills" all night long.