• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Whiteout at the Mellon Arena

Rate this topic

I think this is a decent gimmick but it has the worst execution ever.

The WINGS are in the WHITE road jerseys.

The Deadbirds are in the BLACK home jerseys.

If the Pens wanted to "make a statement", shouldn't it be the BLACKOUT at the Mellon Arena? - Have all the fans in BLACK t-shirts.

Yeha, it's been done too much. But that being said, those fans were absolutely jacked for this game. They were so loud, I haven't been to any playoff games, but just from my TV it sounds like the Mellon was ten times louder than the Joe.

but just from my TV it sounds like the Mellon was ten times louder than the Joe.

No doubt, I have a good friend who's a Pens fan, was at the game and gave me a phonecall, I had to hang up on her because I could not hear a single thing over the other people in the arena. That place is freakin loud.

But about a "blackout"--according to Brodeur, the puck can't be seen against a black background, so you will likely not see that. But a gold-out would be something odd to see if nothing else.

That actually sounds like it would matter.

Huh.

Screw a GOLD-OUT.. hehehe

But about a "blackout"--according to Brodeur, the puck can't be seen against a black background, so you will likely not see that. But a gold-out would be something odd to see if nothing else.