• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pjgj13

Homer

Rate this topic

How many times does he have to get crosschecked before they call something. The guy was getting manhandled tonight. Am I the only one that thought the Pens 3rd goal should have been waved off? Looked like interference to me. What about the guy that was laying on top of him? Not making excuses, but the were ALOT more calls that should have been made.

Now the ******* announcers on NBC were talking about a hit on Kronner and how he deserves to get hit. What a bunch of f***in' biased assholes.

Now the ******* announcers on NBC were talking about a hit on Kronner and how he deserves to get hit. What a bunch of f***in' biased assholes.

Funny you should say that because the hit they were talking about was actually on Lilja not Kronwall, so he looked even more like an idiot.

I don't think I saw him on the ice after Gill had his way with him for the 86th time in 3 minutes when he crashed into the net.

According to NBC, he didn't return to the ice - but didn't go to the back either.

A better question is why someone didn't go after Gill when it was clear the refs weren't going to do their job?

Because they were losing in the waning moments of a Stanley Cup Finals game. I'd take my lumps instead of putting my team down a man when they need to come back.

A better question is why someone didn't go after Gill when it was clear the refs weren't going to do their job?

hahahaha yeah whos gonna go after him? cleary already took on pronger i dont think he wants to go at it again.

Edited by CAredwingsfan91

Because they were losing in the waning moments of a Stanley Cup Finals game. I'd take my lumps instead of putting my team down a man when they need to come back.

I understand, but at what point do you say enough is enough and stand up?

Hall Gill got called for 2 cross-checking penalties on Holmstrom.

Yes he did, and should have gotten several more and an interference penalty late in the game.

Can't win 'em all. Here is to a W in 4 & 5 and win it at home!!

Looks like all that bitching and complaining that Therrin did paid off. Crosby probably had bettman on his knees and told bettman that he would put him in his five if he made sure the refs called more penalties.

Looks like all that bitching and complaining that Therrin did paid off. Crosby probably had bettman on his knees and told bettman that he would put him in his five if he made sure the refs called more penalties.

That or he'd touch his five hole

yah homer left with 5 mins left in the game with what mike babcock said as a "lower body injury" and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.

not a good time to possibily get an injury.

I'm not really concerned...

Even IF Holmer is hurt and can't play next game, the lines could look like this...

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Flip-Sammy

Drakes-Drapes-Malts

Huds-Helm-Mac

That first line is nothing short of DEADLY.

I just downright felt bad for Homer. How many times - (3-ish?) - is he helmetless AFTER the whistle AFTER getting repeated wood to the back of his neck tonight?

Hate the Wings? Fine. Love 'em? OK. But he's gonna get hurt real bad unless they start calling it. Gill - c'mon......it's The Cup, but man, it's a game.

Guest MrSandMan

Over on msboards.pittsburghpenguins board fans are wishing severe injury or death on Homer.

And they think that everytime a Red Wing plays defense, it's a penalty. Pens fans are a disgrace to life. They have no clue about hockey.

Redwings got away with a minimum of 10 blatant penalties...That being said Staal should have gotten 4 for his high stick on Lidstrom and Gill should have gotten a penalty for his move that took out Holmstrom...Given I'm glad it happened to Holmstrom. I hope he's really hurt. Kinda like Sean Avery having the ruptured kidney, once I heard it wasn't fatal or career ending, I was very happy he got hurt. Holmstrom is a worthless pos, I wish him the same.

Now, enough with the negativity. GJ tonight Pens. I think the people at the game need to bring back the chant that was going in game 5 against Philly. WE WANT THE CUP!!!!

Over on msboards.pittsburghpenguins board fans are wishing severe injury or death on Homer.

And they think that everytime a Red Wing plays defense, it's a penalty. Pens fans are a disgrace to life. They have no clue about hockey.

For the most part yes, there's a couple good ones, but not many.

At this point it's a lower body injury and not sure if he's back. He didn't play on last PP, so who knows.

I see your point, and it is a valid one, one that we've all felt. But as a fellow Red Wing loyalist I want to pull you back from the edge because you're showing symptoms of Penguinitis. After 3 games of being subject to the whinery that is the Penguins fans when they are losing, it seems that horrible trend is catching on here like an airborne virus.

Let them botch calls all they want, we'll freaking win through it because thats what champions do. Hit homer, hit Ozzie, hit whoever the hell you want to, no amount of bulls*** is going to stop us when we're playing like we did in game 1 and 2. Remember how many BS penalties we took in the first game? And we still played Pittsburgh out of their freaking equipment that night.

We don't need home ice, the refs or the media in our pockets, or every call to go our way, when we're on top of our game the only thing stopping us is ourselves.

We're better than this complaining crap their organization has shoved at us from their head coach right down to the fanbase. If we can take one example of what to do right from Pittsburgh as fans, its to follow our coach's example. Therrin cried foul and they hopped on board, so just like Babs in his pressers lets ******* suck it up and accept the good with the bad, forget about it and start thinking about the only thing that matters now, then next win.

We're the winners, they're the whiners. I'm too damn proud of this effort on the whole to complain, even as bad as I want to over some of the crap, it will be that much sweeter to win despite it all.

I see your point, and it is a valid one, one that we've all felt. But as a fellow Red Wing loyalist I want to pull you back from the edge because you're showing symptoms of Penguinitis. After 3 games of being subject to the whinery that is the Penguins fans when they are losing, it seems that horrible trend is catching on here like an airborne virus.

Let them botch calls all they want, we'll freaking win through it because thats what champions do. Hit homer, hit Ozzie, hit whoever the hell you want to, no amount of bulls*** is going to stop us when we're playing like we did in game 1 and 2. Remember how many BS penalties we took in the first game? And we still played Pittsburgh out of their freaking equipment that night.

We don't need home ice, the refs or the media in our pockets, or every call to go our way, when we're on top of our game the only thing stopping us is ourselves.

We're better than this complaining crap their organization has shoved at us from their head coach right down to the fanbase. If we can take one example of what to do right from Pittsburgh as fans, its to follow our coach's example. Therrin cried foul and they hopped on board, so just like Babs in his pressers lets ******* suck it up and accept the good with the bad, forget about it and start thinking about the only thing that matters now, then next win.

We're the winners, they're the whiners. I'm too damn proud of this effort on the whole to complain, even as bad as I want to over some of the crap, it will be that much sweeter to win despite it all.

I completely agree. Everyone saw what was done to Homer and either something gets done about it or it doesn't. However, we've spent the past few days on here ripping on the Penguins for whining and we should try to avoid being like that. I think everyone agrees that what they did to Homer is bs.

Hopefully he didn't get hurt on that Hal Gill hit in the last 5 minutes.

He may have pulled his groin on that hit.

The way he landed and then gingerly got up, it looked to me like it may have been his back that was hurting him.

The way he landed and then gingerly got up, it looked to me like it may have been his back that was hurting him.

I think it is his knee. He had problems with one of his knees not too long ago, and the way he was "pitchforked" by Gill, it looked like it got tweaked. He was our during the TV time out putting weight on it. I am guessing its his left knee that is bothering him now.

Well-said. I missed the game (work), but from what I've been told it was a reasonably fairly-officiated one.

One more thing: There are missed calls on infractions committed against Homer ALL. THE. TIME. It's the result of the inherent nature of his aggressive style, and guess what? the zebras miss calls AGAINST him as well. I've always felt it's a wash, and from comments Homer himself has made, I think he feels the same.