• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

The Positivity Thread

Rate this topic

Positives:

- the Wings can win the Cup in the Joe.

- we haven't played the Pens in Mellon and adjustments WILL be made.

- Malkin is still a no show.

- it took lucky bounces and RARE defensive lapses to score on Ozzie.

- no more "when will Crosby score?" statements.

and, most importantly...

- we are still up 2-1 in the series.

CHEER UP!!! :thumbup:

GO WINGS GO!!!

It's sad that we needs these things after one little 3-2 loss. We're still up 2-1 and have outscored them 9-3. If we got pounded like we did them in the first two games I'd be a bit worried. We'll win in 5. Maybe 6.

I'm more pissed about the pistons.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Seriously. I admit I was throwing small things around during the game :blush: , but now that I've calmed down it's not so bad. Look, we got our offense going and scored two goals (something the Penguins couldn't do on the road at all), and we kept them on their heels until the end. I mean the last few seconds I was sure my wings would score and take it to overtime.

Honestly, the guys worked hard and even after going down two goals they managed to play hard and get one back. Again down two, and they answer.

Crosby got a couple lucky shots because he was on today. Will he be on everyday? It's obvious that's not so.

Lilja seems to be getting some stuff thrown at him, but he did fine. Leave him in the line up (unless Chelios can play) and everything will be alright.

We can take the next one and win it in Detroit. :rolleyes::thumbup:

If the first two games were split and/or we lost at Pittsburgh anywhere near as badly as the Penguins lost at the Joe, I'd have cause for concern. As is, the Penguins still have to dig themselves out of a hole, and the Wings know that they only need to step up their game a little bit more to get the split at the Igloo. We're fine people, all these OH s*** WHY DID YOU f*** UP STUART/LILJA?! threads are asinine. This forum gets freaked out way too easily.

i never post in these threads, but i'm trying to be more possitive and change my attitude, so here goes...

like everybody says, a loss was bound to happen and i thought they ended the game well and maybe gave themselves something to build off of in game four. . i think we saw tonight, for the first time, really, how dangerous this pens offense can be, so obviously the defensive zone turnovers need to stop. i think zetterberg was trying to do everything on his own tonight, and he needs to simplify and get his linemates involved. everybdoy looked a little scared, but all of this is correctable and i think next game will be a different story. i'd rather win the cup at the joe anyhow!!!

i never post in these threads, but i'm trying to be more possitive and change my attitude, so here goes...

like everybody says, a loss was bound to happen and i thought they ended the game well and maybe gave themselves something to build off of in game four. . i think we saw tonight, for the first time, really, how dangerous this pens offense can be, so obviously the defensive zone turnovers need to stop. i think zetterberg was trying to do everything on his own tonight, and he needs to simplify and get his linemates involved. everybdoy looked a little scared, but all of this is correctable and i think next game will be a different story. i'd rather win the cup at the joe anyhow!!!

You keep getting more and more amazing. :hehe:

seriously this thread isn't even needed, I thought Wings in 6 orginally, now its Wings in 5. It was 3-2 where our D played like crap and they played their hearts out. Even after this win the Pens are still crying about refs on espn. They seriously make me hate them more then any other team in the league, if I go to game 5 I'm ******* punching one in the face.

I'm also tired of hearing the announcers practically suck them off any chance they get. First it was how they can get back into the series then, it is OMG the Pens are BACK, the PENS ARE BACK, I think i heard slurping

Edited by ben_usmc

seriously this thread isn't even needed, I thought Wings in 6 orginally, now its Wings in 5. It was 3-2 where our D played like crap and they played their hearts out. Even after this win the Pens are still crying about refs on espn. They seriously make me hate them more then any other team in the league, if I go to game 5 I'm ******* punching one in the face.

okay, i'm going to abandon the positivity for a post and agree with you. i'm so tired of crosby and this team right on up to their coach. they whine endlessly! it's gotten old very quickly. just shut up and play. another way crosby excels like gretz, they are unbelievable whiners.

okay, i'm going to abandon the positivity for a post and agree with you. i'm so tired of crosby and this team right on up to their coach. they whine endlessly! it's gotten old very quickly. just shut up and play. another way crosby excels like gretz, they are unbelievable whiners.

exactly, I mean I certainly am not trying to insult the OP. I'm just saying these f***s barely won at home after being embarrased 2 games, so f*** them. I would be more respectful except I've been on the espn boards and even after the win i see nothing but crying so I lost all respect for them. The announcer even replayed Crosby being hit by Draper and he gives him props for not bitching after a check? WOW good job you didn't cry like you usually do want a pat on the back.

What is really positive about this is, that now that the series is 2-1, we won't hear about the 33 year 0-3 comeback again.

Crosby scored. He was supposed to. But I don't think Crosby alone can beat the Wings, despite the way he is marketed as Christ with a Synergy.

And we could've pulled this one out. Put in Holmstroms post in the third, and if somebody takes out the piss face that banked it in off Ozzie, we win.

And there are two days off now, hard to build momentum from a win with a delay. But gives us more time to adjust the gameplan.

What is really positive about this is, that now that the series is 2-1, we won't hear about the 33 year 0-3 comeback again.

Crosby scored. He was supposed to. But I don't think Crosby alone can beat the Wings, despite the way he is marketed as Christ with a Synergy.

And we could've pulled this one out. Put in Holmstroms post in the third, and if somebody takes out the piss face that banked it in off Ozzie, we win.

And there are two days off now, hard to build momentum from a win with a delay. But gives us more time to adjust the gameplan.

But what about the Pens game working to improve there gam... ok I can't finish their coaching staff sucks

Once that one guy, can't remember his name, scored the first goal, I had the feeling that we weren't going win. We were outplayed last night. I didn't get mad at anyone tho. Mistakes/turnovers happen, we just didn't play up to par. I'm sure Babs will make the proper adjustments and in their arrogance, the Pens once again, won't see us coming. Wings in 5. I'm not even mad about the officiating, tho they should've called the high stick on Lids, but that's all part of the game.