• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Wings fans in London?

Rate this topic

Hey, just wondering if there are any wings fans from London around. I'll be arriving in London for a work abroad program on July 1st, and was wondering if any locals knew of any bars, or pubs, or some place where I can watch the Wings games. I'd imagine it might present some problem due to time differences, and I'm not sure where I can catch the game. If anyone knows of anything please let me know.

Thanks.

I haven't found anywhere that's showing the games (not to say there isn't), but it is possible to watch them at home here in the UK - not sure if this is of use to you?

If you get either satellite TV or Freeview (basically digital TV), you can subscribe to a channel package from Setanta which includes NASN (www.nasn.com - North American Sports Network). NASN shows a fair number of NHL games, and at the moment it's showing the Stanley Cup finals - it shows them live first (which is the middle of the night for us), and then repeats them at a more sociable time over the couple of days. It's £9.99 a month, with a minimum 2 month subscription, and I think a one time setup charge of around £15.

Hope this helps!

H

the games are also being shown on channel 5 so as long as you have access to any tv then you will be able to watch the games.

still haven't found a bar to watch the games though - as it is on channel 5 you might be able to get a bar to put the game on for you but it is a risk which is why i always watch the games at home. there is no way i want to take the chance at being stuck unable to watch the game.

Hmm... I didn't realise Channel 5 showed NHL games - do they show a lot of them? Should I reconsider my NASN subscription (since I'm not really that interested in Nascar, baseball, or endless adverts for online poker...)?

Hmm... I didn't realise Channel 5 showed NHL games - do they show a lot of them? Should I reconsider my NASN subscription (since I'm not really that interested in Nascar, baseball, or endless adverts for online poker...)?

definitely not! c5 show 1 "as-live" game per week in the regular season and the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. but for the SCF they show all the games live.

Cool. Thanks guys. I guess I'll just do some pub searching or hope that my flat has a TV that will get the game. If all goes well, then we can all have a pint at the local establishment or something.

Channel 5 is a standard channel so if you have a TV, you will get channel 5.

I'm flying from Detroit to the UK on Monday night! I'll get to watch part of the 1st period at the airport, but I'll be in the air for the rest of the game.

Just my luck to watch almost every game of the regular season and playoffs, and then miss Game 5 of the Finals!

definitely not! c5 show 1 "as-live" Chicago Blackhawks game per week in the regular season and the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. but for the SCF they show all the games live.

Fixed that for you ;)

Thank god someone started this thread. I am hoping the Wings win in 5, but if it goes to 7 I will need a pub in London to watch it. I fly out of Edmonton on Wed. and need some place to watch it.

Hey, just wondering if there are any wings fans from London around. I'll be arriving in London for a work abroad program on July 1st, and was wondering if any locals knew of any bars, or pubs, or some place where I can watch the Wings games. I'd imagine it might present some problem due to time differences, and I'm not sure where I can catch the game. If anyone knows of anything please let me know.

Thanks.

First off: The London UK Country is on 'English Standard Time' (pronounced Euro). The Stanley Cup Finals have been over for about a month 'over there'. They keep time in 'centimeters' instead of minutes. (Bring a 220 amplifier converter.)

2nd: They're not 'Pubs', they call them bangers, or bonnets or lifts or something.

Lastly: Drive on the sidewalks. Skip that left side/right side s***.

"PUT ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BAHHHHBIE!"

aloha - and yer welcome

Thanks.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

Should be able to help you. Yeah it's not at a pub but hey take what you can get across the pond.

If you're staying at a hotel, or even with friends/family, just stick Channel5 on and watch it live. No need to find a bar that's showing it.

The presenter is a big Pens fan, but even he is more neutral than NBC/CBC/ESPN/Versus.