• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aki

Holmstrom: Wings practicing as if he won't play

Rate this topic

On the tsn homepage, there's a video called "A Costly Loss", and the description is "The NHL on TSN panel debate how much the Wings will miss the injured Tomas Holmstrom"

Was he injured from the game last night? What happened?

Nothing on the TSN injury report...

Nothing on the Free Press...

Nothing on the Sportsline wire...

If he's injured, nobody's saying anything about it.

TSN was saying he was limping leaving the arena last night, but considering Gill cross-checked him hard enough to put him in the net, I'm not surprised. I'll bet he's fine for game 4, just might skip today's practice.

Edited by Casey

TSN was saying he was limping leaving the arena last night, but considering Gill cross-checked him hard enough to put him in the net, I'm not surprised. I'll bet he's fine for game 4, just might skip today's practice.

He wears extra padding on his back simply for that reason. He may be sore, but I'm hoping a day of rest will do him some good. Sometimes those types of injuries feel worse the next day, and infinitely better the day after. By the time Saturday rolls around (and given that its not too serious), he should be good to go.

Edit: (Kelsey) Grammar

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Pretty sure it was the landing on his back not a cross check that hurt him, not that Gill didn't trip him to get there, but it wasn't Hal Gill's crosscheck it was his trip. If we want to be accurate. Not that accuracy is a big deal to most posters on here!

Edited by Opie

Pretty sure it was the landing on his back not a cross check that hurt him, not that Gill didn't trip him to get there, but it wasn't Hal Gill's crosscheck it was his trip. If we want to be accurate. Not that accuracy is a big deal to most posters on here!

Who are you calling out with that post?

Either way, the extra padding Homer wears on his back hopefuly protected him some if it is a back injury.

Who are you calling out with that post?

Either way, the extra padding Homer wears on his back hopefuly protected him some if it is a back injury.

Not calling any one out specifically, but there were posts where people were blaming Gill for cross checking Homer to injure him, it was a trip THAT TIME!!!!

The accuracy was an in general statement.

No offense meant!

ok holland said that homer wasn't feeling good this morning and it could be a knee but holland also said that he seemed a little shaken up but said that he is expected to play Saturday!!!!!!!!! I HATE GILL!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: YEAH HOMER!

:siren: LETS GO WINGS! :siren:

When I watched the play I immediately thought he hurt his groin. The way he went down and extended his legs in such an odd way I wonder if that is the "lower body injury"

Not calling any one out specifically, but there were posts where people were blaming Gill for cross checking Homer to injure him, it was a trip THAT TIME!!!!

The accuracy was an in general statement.

No offense meant!

Where, in the GDT?

Where, in the GDT?

No here....

Again not calling anyone out, perhaps the wording I choose was wrong.

If anybody deserves a couple days off it's Homer. They beat the crap out of him all night long. Besides all the cross checks and the trip, how many times did you see him with his helmet ripped off his head.

Guest MrSandMan

I really hope he is okay. Pens are a bunch of goons. Can't win with skill, they just turn into goons. god I hate them!

Please be okay and ready to roll at 100% Saturday Homer!

I really hope he is okay. Pens are a bunch of goons. Can't win with skill, they just turn into goons. god I hate them!

Please be okay and ready to roll at 100% Saturday Homer!

:lol:

Holmstrom skates directly into Gill, who promptly dumps him to the ice and it's a goon play? "Homer" certainly is the most appropriate word from your post.

Holmstrom skates directly into Gill, who promptly dumps him to the ice and it's a goon play? "Homer" certainly is the most appropriate word from your post.

I believe Holmstrom was skating to the net and got dumped which is what the NHL calls "i-n-t-e-r-f-e-r-e-n-c-e" or "t-r-i-p-p-i-n-g". He didn't have the puck; very simple to call. Not calling would not have affected the outcome of the game. But yes, Gill is a goon for dumping Holmstrom the entire game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Roberts and Gill trying to play that way if we put Downey in the 4th line, of course it won't happen and I know he's to slow and would probably give them nothing but PP. But man would it be great to watch Downey punk all those scrubs.

Guest MrSandMan

So that's how it's seen without rose color glasses? Homer skated directly into Gill and promptly dumped him to the ice. Oookay! Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes my TV (and DVR) shows an entirely different play.

:rolleyes:

I believe Holmstrom was skating to the net and got dumped which is what the NHL calls "i-n-t-e-r-f-e-r-e-n-c-e" or "t-r-i-p-p-i-n-g". He didn't have the puck; very simple to call. Not calling would not have affected the outcome of the game. But yes, Gill is a goon for dumping Holmstrom the entire game.

Poor little Tomas Holmstrom.

I wouldn't mind seeing Roberts and Gill trying to play that way if we put Downey in the 4th line, of course it won't happen and I know he's to slow and would probably give them nothing but PP. But man would it be great to watch Downey punk all those scrubs.

You mean this Downie...

http://ballhype.com/video/laraque_hits_downie_jan_24_2008/

or the one that skates away from fights...

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jarkko-r...ight/3225624935

??

Trust me. He's not eager to see the Pens anytime soon.