• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

ESPN: Aside from Sid and Lids, stars gone missing

Rate this topic

ESPN is running an article stating how Datsyuk and Z have disappeared and need to be as good as they say they are.

But I'm confused. Doesn't Zetterberg have just as many points as Crosby in these Finals?

I know Dats needs to get some points, but I don't think he's been "quiet." The bounces just didn't go the Wings way last night. They'll kick in sooner or later.

Seriously, though, why is it that Crosby is "fully carrying the play" or whatever, yet Zetterberg, with the same amount of points and more chances, has disappeared?

Datsyuk has been the best forward in the series. Crosby would still be "missing" if it weren't for piss poor coverage that left him wide open, along with Hossa standing next to an open net. Both of Crosby's goals came within two feet of Osgood, hes hardly been dominating.

So scoring 2 goals isnt dominating?

2 goals in three games and your team is still down one games. Its hardly dominating. One could argue that Datsyuk is the reason why Crosby and co. haven't been scoring.

Perfect example, the first two games when Datsyuk/Z were head to head against Crosby, he was a ghost. On the other hand, Babcock couldn't get that matchup yesterday. That is until the third period, when that happened the game was in the Wings favor.

No offense, but Datsyuk is dominate on the road, playing against the teams best defenseman and forwards. Crosby has been a non-factor when not being paired against Hudler and Lilja-Lebda.

Edited by MalkinsJock

ESPN is running an article stating how Datsyuk and Z have disappeared and need to be as good as they say they are.

But I'm confused. Doesn't Zetterberg have just as many points as Crosby in these Finals?

I know Dats needs to get some points, but I don't think he's been "quiet." The bounces just didn't go the Wings way last night. They'll kick in sooner or later.

Seriously, though, why is it that Crosby is "fully carrying the play" or whatever, yet Zetterberg, with the same amount of points and more chances, has disappeared?

For the most part, Datsyuk and Zetterberg have been held of the scoresheet minus one Zetterberg goal.

While I know the Penguins only have 3 goals in three games, Crosby has two of them, and he had 9 shots on goal in the first two games prior. Of course he didn't light the lamp obviously, but it's not like he was completely floating/invisible either.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg are still doing important things no doubt about it, just they don't show up on the major stats you'd look to first I think (they are still hitting, etc.). That, combined with how much attention Crosby gets by default for better/worse, hence the blurb written the way it was I bet.

You should know better than to trust anything ESPN says about Hockey...I especiialy liked it when they mentioned that PAUL Forsberg injured his groin and that Flyers Goaltender "MICHAEL Biron was not playing tonight"

Don't get too hung up on stats, Crosby has played very, very well in all games. The difference in the 3rd game is that the pucks have gotten to the back of the net. He's been creating chances in each game.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg have been great defensively so far, but they definately do need to pick it up offensively. Detroit has actually been getting lots of scoring outside those 2 guys....which I'm somewhat pleased and surprised with.

If you told me that after 3 games, Datsyuk would have 0 pts and Zetterberg would have 1g, 1a, I wouldn't believe that the Wings were up 2 games to 1.

Don't get too hung up on stats, Crosby has played very, very well in all games. The difference in the 3rd game is that the pucks have gotten to the back of the net. He's been creating chances in each game.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg have been great defensively so far, but they definately do need to pick it up offensively. Detroit has actually been getting lots of scoring outside those 2 guys....which I'm somewhat pleased and surprised with.

If you told me that after 3 games, Datsyuk would have 0 pts and Zetterberg would have 1g, 1a, I wouldn't believe that the Wings were up 2 games to 1.

Crosby was invisible in game one, couldn't even carry the puck into the zone,made some nice plays in game two that did not result in goals, but I wouldn't say he played great but then again, I'm not a Crosby lover.

Datsyuk had another point stolen by the refs with the Lids goal called back. He made some beatiful passes for great chances in the last game that went off the post or the goalie made a great stop. The wings were dominant at home and the Pens hung on for dear life in game 3 and there's your difference. The wings have made a habit of getting a lead in a series and then letting up when the other team gets desperate. Usually the wings drop two before waking up and resuming the onslaught.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008...mp;lid=tab1pos2

Another decent one:

"I'm from Saskatoon, and that's what you do," Babcock said with a smile during Thursday's off-day news conference at Mellon Arena, a day after he'd admitted to making some mistakes during Wednesday night's 3-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

"Bottom line is, players make mistakes. Coaches make mistakes. I'm not [saying] we didn't have a good plan, weren't trying to do the right thing. Sometimes when you're trying to do the right thing, the wrong thing happens. That's life."

If Sid is "dominating" with 2 goals in 3 games, what does that mean for Sammy with 3 goals in 3 games? :P

According to logic here it makes him lazy and he sucks ©