• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Kings and Blues to play in KC

Rate this topic

LULZ... yeah, my mom called and we talked and this game came up.

From what I hear - tickets are going to be around 10 for the upper bowl, not sure as the seats get better. I intend to be there mid-level somewhere.

We never get anything good here for pre-season, I'm just shocked they remembered to :P Last pre-season game we were provided with (courtesy of NHL21) was Blues vs..... Hawks? Panthers? Somebody, it was back before the start of the 05-06 season.

It'll be a fun time, some of the Blues fans will make the drive across the state to come watch. We never see anybody awesome, just prospects and minors trying to make an impression to break onto the regular season roster. I'm excited though, I never get a chance out to St. Louis with my husband's job always forking him out of town. So it'll be great to take in a game. :thumbup:

I'll be attending Emporia State University at the time, which is about 100 miles away. Can't get closer to an NHL game than that. Might have to check this one out even though the matchup is pretty bad. :thumbdown::thumbup:

Tickets range from $10 in the upper bowl to $150 for lower bowl, center ice. Presale is going on today...I got the $75 tix just to the side of Center Ice and about 8 rows up...I actually had to ask for a higher row because I like being above the glass. It's not the Wings, but at least it's hockey. :)

KC could have gotten the Pens, however, instead of the Cup finals, they now get a preseason game between the 2 worst teams in the league.

Well, on the bright side, there might be more Garth Brooks concerts in the future at the Sprint Center. <_<

They should restrict sale of tickets to just Kansas City people just so this wacky Idea that hockey in Kansas City will work, even though it didn't before, and Bettman can stop shoving Kansas City hockey down our Freakin' throat. Like I said before, having a arena is easy...but getting people in there is tough, that is why it is perposterous that Gary would see a 14,000 season ticket fan base(hamilton) and say, I don't want hockey there.

Kansas City hockey didn't work in the 1960s. It failed when they took our team to Colorado too. It didn't work - until they took it to New Jersey.

Fact of the matter, is that the demographic of hockey HAS changed. With teams like Dallas and Colorado - who have large fanbases not restricted to their home town (ala Detroit) and then the Blues within driving distance for the occasional game, the possibility of a successful team here is NOT the stretch that people accuse it of being.

We get terrific turnouts for pre-season games, despite the fact we were stuck in Kemper arena (which leaks, stinks year round, and people claim is 'haunted'). The Sprint Center, from what I've been told, is absolutely gorgeous and we won't run into the same problem of people who don't want to go down to Kemper because of location, and the poor facilities.

I'm not going to be delusional enough to think Kansas City can/will produce a following to rival that of some of the other legendary teams... but I think we could hold our own given the opportunity. The CHL is coming to the KC suburbs for the 2009-2010 season, and barring any mishaps (the league folding, like the IHL did on us...) then we can talk more logical, reasonable numbers and conversations outside of the fact that Kansas City's team was relocated over 40 years ago.

Kansas City hockey didn't work in the 1960s. It failed when they took our team to Colorado too. It didn't work - until they took it to New Jersey.

Fact of the matter, is that the demographic of hockey HAS changed. With teams like Dallas and Colorado - who have large fanbases not restricted to their home town (ala Detroit) and then the Blues within driving distance for the occasional game, the possibility of a successful team here is NOT the stretch that people accuse it of being.

We get terrific turnouts for pre-season games, despite the fact we were stuck in Kemper arena (which leaks, stinks year round, and people claim is 'haunted'). The Sprint Center, from what I've been told, is absolutely gorgeous and we won't run into the same problem of people who don't want to go down to Kemper because of location, and the poor facilities.

I'm not going to be delusional enough to think Kansas City can/will produce a following to rival that of some of the other legendary teams... but I think we could hold our own given the opportunity. The CHL is coming to the KC suburbs for the 2009-2010 season, and barring any mishaps (the league folding, like the IHL did on us...) then we can talk more logical, reasonable numbers and conversations outside of the fact that Kansas City's team was relocated over 40 years ago.

Sorry, but you're in over your head.

I lived in KC for 16 years, and most people in KC can't even spell hockey, let alone name any players around the league. They're too obsessed with college sports and fattening Carl Peterson's pockets to notice anything else.