• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

poxer

Consipracy?

Rate this topic

To anyone that thinks that there is a conspiracy to have the Pens win, shush please. If you watched the game at all on weds you would see that there isn't. We had five PPs that game. Only 1 PPG. We had 10 PPs that actually mattered in game 2. No PPG and 6 PPs in game 1 with only 1 PPG. If anything, this game is being called very fairly. Wings just never really capitalized on any of their chances. But apparently the NHL is trying to get the Pens to win. Yeah, right. And isn't the NBA supposedly trying to get the Lakers to win too? Drop the conspiracy acts. There is none.

At the same time, there's alot of stuff that the Pens are getting away with.

For example, cheap shots, sucker punches, hall gill, gary roberts, etc...

That 2nd goal scored by Pens should not have been a PP, example of how they're constant complaining and crying paid off for them and was the turning point in game 3.

Conspiracy theories are a waste of time and heartburn in the sports world, are lame excuses which does everything but hold you or your team accountable for losing or the other team playing better than you.

Unless you watch the NBA. I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, maybe the higher ups would LIKE to see Crosby win, but they aren't going to fix it right in front of everybody. I will say this though, the reffing HAS been terrible. I am saying this as a hockey fan, not a Red Wings fan. For both teams calls have been inconsistent, a hook one time is not another. I would also like to see holding of the stick being called more.

Edited by Bluedevils_13

To anyone that thinks that there is a conspiracy to have the Pens win, shush please. If you watched the game at all on weds you would see that there isn't. We had five PPs that game. Only 1 PPG. We had 10 PPs that actually mattered in game 2. No PPG and 6 PPs in game 1 with only 1 PPG. If anything, this game is being called very fairly. Wings just never really capitalized on any of their chances. But apparently the NHL is trying to get the Pens to win. Yeah, right. And isn't the NBA supposedly trying to get the Lakers to win too? Drop the conspiracy acts. There is none.

stfu. The sky is falling.

:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, it's just s***ty/inconsistent officiating. I'm not saying I'd do any better; I'm far too much of a space cadet to be a decent official. On the other hand, we've got O'Halloran this series, and we all just expect the world of him <_< Meanwhile, the Pens fans feel about the same way about Devorski. Between the two of them, they f*** up far too often, particularly on important, goal-related calls, usually with nitpickery galore. Meanwhile, they miss large things like high sticks, cross checks, and blatant trips all the time, choosing instead to call the weakest of hooks and holds. Its just how those two operate--it sucks, and I don't know how they got to the SCF, other than that sort of nitpickery is what the NHL is looking for.

I think there's only one main thing that the fans of the NHL want, besides consistency, and that's accountability. These guys just can't come out a day after a game, say they blew a large call, and will work to improve/eliminate such incidents in the future. We know you f***ed up, you know you f***ed up... instead, the Commish just gets on and compliments them. It's sorta pathetic.

Anyhow, /rant off. My typing about this here isn't gonna help anything, just saying what a lot of us are thinking. No conspiracy--just inconsistent officiating by 2 known inconsistent officials who should never be in the SCF.

Edited by The Wheeled Winger

At the same time, there's alot of stuff that the Pens are getting away with.

And the Wings are getting away with just as much if not more....it goes both ways. The only thing I don't like about playoff time is the constant complaining on here about reffing. When the team dominates, everyone here puts down the other teams fans for their complaining, but watch out when the Wings lose, not a pretty place to be when that happens. Normally there are guys that start hating the refs, Bettman and then they start ripping into some Wings that are easy to pick on.

Here is a FACT: If you are a fan of a team and you are complaining about how the reffing has gone in the series, I can guarantee you that the other side is complaining about the same thing. More often than not, calls are missed on both sides, bad calls are made on both sides and it all evens out in the end. The Wings have had 19 power plays to the Pens 11. It is hard to justify any bias towards the Pens when looking at that stat.

I'm not a b asketball fan, but I do find it a funny coincidence that all my friends who are have been bitching about how the Celtics paid off the refs to give them the win the last game. :P

It gets stupid crazy sometimes this series, but no, there is no conspiracy. Just good hockey.