• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sixer

Best place in Detroit to buy Red Wings merchandise

Rate this topic

Hey guys, coming into town for Game 5 and was wondering where we could get the best price, quality and selection for a variety of Wings clothing, merchandise, etc.

JLA, Hockeytown, Greektown, maybe a local department store? Other then game 5, planning on visiting the aforementioned places.

Thanks, much appreciated.

i know that the local sports stores are charging to much. i meant to check out jc penny when i got my joe vision tix but forgot.im finding walmart,meijer and those sores have some decent prices and some official stuff as well as the non officails.i got a western champs jerzees t-shirt from walmart for 13 bucks. thats all the info i have at the moment.

Hey guys, coming into town for Game 5 and was wondering where we could get the best price, quality and selection for a variety of Wings clothing, merchandise, etc.

JLA, Hockeytown, Greektown, maybe a local department store? Other then game 5, planning on visiting the aforementioned places.

If you are looking for good deals going to a place like Joe Louis or Hockeytown cafe/authentics are bad ideas. The only things you will get good deals on at those places are on robert lang or Manny Legace or Shanahan jerseys. If you want current gear your best bet is to go to places that dont specifically specialize in wings gear. Places like meijers or walmart come to mind. If you go to a Dunhams sports its usually a little cheaper there as well. My favorite place to go is a place on 16 and grosbeck called "Game Land". They specialize is card playing and detroit sports stuff. I used to go there all the time because their jerseys were always on sale for about 90 bucks compared to the regualr 130-140. Dicks sporting goods can have some good prices if you can catch them at the right time. I got Western Conference champs gear half off. Got the hat and shirts for like $13 a piece.

JC Penny's actually also has a decent selection. For example, they have the real RBK practice jerseys there for $60. Cheapest place I've ever seen them.

agreed, they have pretty good prices

if you've never been to the detroit area before, you might as well stop into hockeytown authentics just to say you've been there... but they charge some crazy prices up in that joint... pretty good selection though.

If you're looking for Stanley Cup merchandise, I was quite shocked when I was at Wal-mart of all places. The t-shirts were very nice, you could WCC shirts in black gray or red. OR you could get SCF shirts with Sid & Hank on it, or just the Wings and Pens logos and they were only 13$ !!

There is a place called hockey world by my house at 16 mile and van dyke in sterling heights. Haven't been in there but I drive by it all the time driving hubby to work at home depot which is in the same parking lot. Meijer's is good though, I got my 2008 western conference champs shirt there for $14 and there was a red wings stand at hall road and van dyke where we got 2002 shirts for $5. So you just have to keep your eye open.

If you're looking for Stanley Cup merchandise, I was quite shocked when I was at Wal-mart of all places. The t-shirts were very nice, you could WCC shirts in black gray or red. OR you could get SCF shirts with Sid & Hank on it, or just the Wings and Pens logos and they were only 13$ !!

I was at our mall last night and even the pricier places like Footlocker and other sports apparel places were selling WCC stuff. One of them had nice heavy-weight RBK "jersey" T-shirts of several Wings players (Lids, Z, Dats, Franzen, Draper, and Homer) 2 for $30.

How much does the JLA sell jerseys with the names on the back?

Arm and leg. It's about the same as buying from NHL.com

Edited by Gizmo

Anyone seen the WHITE player t-shirts? All I see online are the red ones. I saw a white Holmstrom on an employee at the NHL/RBK store in NY while watching NHL Live on TV. So I know they exist, I just don't see them anywhere.

Anyone else seen these?

Hey guys, thanks for all the great information!

I'll be crossing at the border in the afternoon Monday and checking out Hockeytown and heading to Greektown for dinner before game 5. Unfortunately won't have time to explore more of Michigan this trip.

There doesn't seem to be a Meijer's in downtown Detroit. Anything in downtown Detroit or close proximity to Greektown area etc of the locations you guys mentioned:

Dicks Sporting goods, Khols, Meijer, Dunhams, Walmart, JC Penney, etc

Thanks again!

Edited by sixer

Any Canadians know of any good stores on Windsor side of the border with a wide selection of Wings stuff not super super expensive.

I looked any no places in Downtown Detroit other then JLA and Hockeytown Cafe from the ones mentioned previously. Unfortunately, don't think we'll have the time to head to Dearborn and some of the other places listed.