• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
10 Minute Misconduct

Pens again bemoan lack of obstruction calls

Rate this topic

Penguins coach Michel Therrien all but begged the on-ice officials again Friday to enforce the obstruction rules, arguing that one of his team’s greatest strengths is being taken away by the Red Wings’ defensive tactics.

“It’s something that we base our team with, speed,” Therrien said. “And if we can … use our speed, we’re going to get effect.”

“If there’s obstruction, there’s obstruction,” Therrien said. “When I see about 13, 14 (video) clips … that I could tell there should be a penalty regarding the (rule) book, I know how it is. I’m not expecting that they’re going to call 14.

“(But) I’m expecting next game, the obstruction calls, they’re going to call it. I still believe there’s some space to improve again. When you break down the game, you’ll see that there’s a few times they should have been called. And calls are important. You need those calls.”

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=A...p&type=lgns

The "speed" to which he refers is the speed of the refs arm going up each time Pittsburgh goes two minutes without a power play.

Five on five, they're mediocre, even in their own building. They need a parade of power plays and new rule interpretations to get endless power plays.

Ladies and Gentlemen: I present to you the face of the new NHL on the biggest stage in hockey....

...disgraceful...

I read the transcript and the reporter didn't bring up anything regarding that and he continued to ***** and moan about obstruction AGAIN... this team feels entitled, them not performing has nothing to do with them.

What a whinny loser. He is quickly making me hate the whole pens organization. Some one should tell him to shut his ******* mouth!!! Maybe he would be better suited to coach the NBA as they are a bunch of whinny asses just like he is!

Any on notice on their fist goal Crosby reaches out and obstructs a wing as he gains the zone?

Check it out.

This guy is such a ***.

No wonder Canadians arent fond of French Canadians.

Edited by NHLrules?

Any on notice on their fist goal Crosby reaches out and obstructs a wing as he gains the zone?

Check it out.

This guy is such a ***.

No wonder Canadians arent found of French Canadians.

Newsflash: Not just Canadians hate French Canadians. :P

As I said earlier in the week, Babcock needs to call this jackass out in the media, because all this whining will generate more calls for the Pens eventually.

I know Babcock isn't that kind of guy, but this case begs for an exception. Just tell him to shut up, like Tortorella did on Hitchcock.

Hopefully, Kronwall will hit Crosby into a stretcher in game 4.

As I said earlier in the week, Babcock needs to call this jackass out in the media, because all this whining will generate more calls for the Pens eventually.

I know Babcock isn't that kind of guy, but this case begs for an exception. Just tell him to shut up, like Tortorella did on Hitchcock.

I would think if Babs stays quiet it'll work in our favor.

Edit: The more Therrien talks about this, the more he's showing up the refs.

Edited by Barrie

Hopefully, Kronwall will hit Crosby into a stretcher in game 4.

That's a shame. Talking like a true Flyers fan. And here I was thinking everyone on here was above that kind of talk.

The Pens were getting more non-obstructive calls than that Wings in the last game. If Therrin keeps yapping his mouth the refs are going to start calling obstruction, but he won't be happy with how much more power plays we'll see from the result than his Pens.

That's a shame. Talking like a true Flyers fan. And here I was thinking everyone on here was above that kind of talk.

Funny, among a lot of the trash talk I've heard from the Pens has been high hopes that Franzen's concussion symptoms will be 'forcefully reintroduced', not to mention calls for everything short of bloody murder to solve the problem of Holmstrom's net presence.

Your team has done all the dirty s*** so far in this series, so get off your soapbox.

All this talk about class or lack of class is going to make me puke. There's no such thing as a team with a classy fanbase.

*facedesks*

YOU WON THE GAME, THERRIEN! WHAT THE f*** MORE DO YOU WANT?!

I wonder if deep down he feels the game 3 win of his was just a fluke?

or just a case of...."well it worked the first time, maybe a second time will as well."

God damn, I thought Ron Wilson was bad. This guy is a friggin woman!!

I resemble that remark, speaking for all the women in this forum. :hehe:

Pens don't deserve the Cup, with this sort of "leadership" behind the bench.

love ya, Babs!! :thumbup:

I guess Therrien doesn't understand that if the refs make more calls on the Wings, they'll also call more on the Pens. Most games the PP's are even because the refs don't want to be the difference in the game.

Honestly, I used to respect Therrian, like, I really did, but now, I am not so sure. Babs hasnt even really complained about the dissalowed homer goals throughout the playoffs, and IMO thats worse than "obstruction"

Plus, if the Pens think what the Wings are doing is "obstruction" and they can't win with it (although they did in game 3) then they arent much of a hockey team are they? Its playoff hockey, what they see as obstruction, I see as relentless backchecking, but to each his own I guess.

you wanna see real obstruction? Watch a playoff game from 1998 or something.

Edited by Lidstromrules16