• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingAbner

The Ridiculous Complaint Thread

Rate this topic

All this arguing about obstruction has not done much. In corner A, you have the entire NHL, save Pittsburgh, who don't whine about "Red Wing obstruction" because it doesn't exist. In corner B, you have the Penguins and their fans. Enough said.

Getting away from that, I'd like to start a thread in which we can bemoan some phantom idea that Pittsburgh is getting away with. It doesn't have to be the same thing each time, just something that is so stupid it really shouldn't be brought up in an argument. Perhaps then Pens fans/coaches will realize how dumb they come off. For example:

Personally, I'd like to have the refs call a few more penalties for delay of game on the Penguins. I mean, it's subtle, but you can tell that they are dragging the game out by taking extra time getting off the bench and out of the locker room. For a team built on capitalizing on the flow of the game, such as the Red Wings, this is an obvious deterrant and we need the calls to be there for this.

Crosby should get an unsportsmanlike conduct for his "beard."

It makes him look like some sort of creepy sexual predator, so all the Wings players are reluctant to cover him closely.

QFT.

I don't go to any other team's forums, so does anyone know if the last few Cup Finals have had nearly as much whining as this series, for both players and fans?

I seriously doubt it, because this series has turned into a finger pointing contest, the only difference being that the Wings players haven't whined at all, just some of the fans are.

Meanwhile the Pens have had whining from their coach, players, fans, pets, whatever you can think of. They have as little class as Philly fans, except Philly fans are willing to admit it.

All in all, I just want this series to be over already, because all this B.S. is getting on my nerves.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
I don't go to any other team's forums, so does anyone know if the last few Cup Finals have had nearly as much whining as this series, for both players and fans?

I seriously doubt it, because this series has turned into a finger pointing contest, the only difference being that the Wings players haven't whined at all, just some of the fans are.

Meanwhile the Pens have had whining from their coach, players, fans, pets, whatever you can think of. They have as little class as Philly fans, except Philly fans are willing to admit it.

All in all, I just want this series to be over already, because all this B.S. is getting on my nerves.

Right... because you have season tickets to the pens too... and you go to all the philly games... so you really know what a terrible bunch of fans they are

Part of me wants this series to get over ASAP as well just for what you described, from the bickering back and forth between BOTH teams or their fans. I know it's going to be expected to a certain degree obviously, but honestly I think the whining between the fans of both teams has gotten pretty ridiculous.

Right... because you have season tickets to the pens too... and you go to all the philly games... so you really know what a terrible bunch of fans they are

Look man I know you are trying to defend some Pittsburgh and/or Philly fans, and I know all of them are (EDIT: not like that), but you are fighting a losing battle, and I'm sorry even though I've never been to Philadelphia, some of the things I have read from their fan base doing is just beyond stupid.

One of my good friends from college originally from Pittsburgh who actually now is a trainer with the Philadelphia Eagles and I caught up with him when the Eagles played at the New Orleans Saints in December...he basically told me when Eagles players go out for errands or whatever else, half the time people in the grocery stores and the like tell them that they suck or go to hell or other explicatives. This is not coming from me, this was coming from my friend at the time who is a trainer for the Eagles.

Not all Philly and Pitt fans are like that, WE GET IT AND UNDERSTAND, but you have to understand that Philadelphia fans are tainted by default for pitiful past actions, and from what I have read in here about Pittsburgh fans, some of them should really be ashamed with how they are acting as well. Now Red Wings fans are far from 100% perfect angels, I get that too, but you are fighting a losing battle in here trying to prove a point to Red Wings fans.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Getting back on topic, they're lazy and they suck.

Also, the extra-long time it took to get game 3 started on NBC is clearly a conspiracy between the Pens/Crosby and the league, obviously intended to throw the Wings off their game.

I have several "penalties"

1. Crosby for using estrogen. It's obvious he is on it, because it's inhibiting his beard growth.

2. Crosby deserves a penalty for leading all offensive categories including most offensive playoff beard

3. Therrien for delay of game/press conferences by spending too much time whining about obstruction

4. MAF for failure to prevent 7 goals in 2 games going into his net

5. Therrien for allowing us to have to see Crosby's Trash stache for 5 games instead of 4.

What's with the gold and black in Pitt? The Steelers, the Pirates, and the Pens. I mean, GET ORIGINAL PITTSBURGH!!!

2 mins for crimes against fashion. Throw some pink and baby blues in there and you will look fabulous!

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Here's what Bill Burr thinks of Philly fans. 1:40 is the best. Haha

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&">
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /> Edited by Bannedforlife

I say Fluery needs to be called for his obstruction in front of the net, it's ridiculous he's out there constantly obstructing our flow of play and I expect the refs to do something about it in game 4.

OK heres my rediculous complaint, game 2 coverage here has been preempted by 'severe weather coverage'. they've been blabbing on for an hour about a couple clouds in the sky, i mean how much can you say about some storms. seriously if people can't figure out that its stormy out and to take cover after 15 seconds of coverage they deserve to get rained on, it doesn't take a whole hour of looking at radar and listening to some idiot blab on and repeat the exact same information to be prepared. SCREW YOU NBC.

I just really don't understand how Hossa didn't get called for goaltender interference tonight. By moving the puck quickly, he completely prevented Osgood from being able to get in position to make a save. If Holmstrom can get a goal called off for distracting Fleury, how can you let Hossa get away without a penalty when he clearly used his skill to prevent Osgood from making a save.

SUSPEND HOSSA!

All this arguing about obstruction has not done much. In corner A, you have the entire NHL, save Pittsburgh, who don't whine about "Red Wing obstruction" because it doesn't exist. In corner B, you have the Penguins and their fans. Enough said.

Getting away from that, I'd like to start a thread in which we can bemoan some phantom idea that Pittsburgh is getting away with. It doesn't have to be the same thing each time, just something that is so stupid it really shouldn't be brought up in an argument. Perhaps then Pens fans/coaches will realize how dumb they come off. For example:

Personally, I'd like to have the refs call a few more penalties for delay of game on the Penguins. I mean, it's subtle, but you can tell that they are dragging the game out by taking extra time getting off the bench and out of the locker room. For a team built on capitalizing on the flow of the game, such as the Red Wings, this is an obvious deterrant and we need the calls to be there for this.

Everything Orpik does.

Crosby should get an unsportsmanlike conduct for his "beard."

It makes him look like some sort of creepy sexual predator, so all the Wings players are reluctant to cover him closely.

I thought Pee Air McGuire WAS his beard.