• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

SCF Game 4 GDT: Red Wings 2, Penguins 1

Rate this topic

Wow...NHL Network tool trying to make an excuse for Fleury, claiming that the Delay of Game penalty is a "new rule" and that maybe Fleury didn't know about the rule because goaltenders used to do that all the time.

Wow.

:blink:

ONE MORE WIN BABY!!!!! AHHH I SERIOUSLY CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF. This seems so unreal for some reason. I know we've won three prior to this, but my goodness it's just that this Wings team is unbelievable. Loved this game. LET'S GET THE SILVER THING ON MONDAY EH?!

I'm with you, I can't believe we're only one win away from a 4th Stanley Cup in 11 seasons, which in my opinion will put us among some of the greatest teams in history. One more victory could make us the next best NHL Dynasty after the Canadiens x2, Islanders, and Oilers. I know the Wings (50's) and Leafs (60's) won 4 cups, but with the consecutive years we've made the playoffs and the number of playoff rounds it takes to win now, it could be more impressive.

It is unreal.

I just read in the Free Press the following:

"At least one fan, though, must have been on the Wings' side, for someone with enough wile to escape notice had snuck in an octopus, and managed to hurl it onto the ice just as the anthem ended, just as is done at Joe Louis Arena."

That made me laugh my ass off...if I ever find out who did that, I owe them a beer at the very least. God bless you, whomever you are!

Glad to see I'm not the only one whose nerves are starting to get on edge. I'm telling friends to wear red Monday for support.

Edited by Kira

Wow...NHL Network tool trying to make an excuse for Fleury, claiming that the Delay of Game penalty is a "new rule" and that maybe Fleury didn't know about the rule because goaltenders used to do that all the time.

Wow.

:butbut:

Well, I was at a wedding all day, but the bride and groom were such wings fans they had a TV on in another room and 1/2 the people there were watching. It was wild let me tell you that much.

My thoughts on the game....

The wings responded after a bad game with a solid one. The pens didn't make mistakes. It was just a hard fought win with a lucky bounce for Hudlers goal that was the game winner. Thats an instance were a bounce won you the game. When both teams are just working their asses off and you get that pass that eludes 3 players, gets on the stick of Hudler, and a nice backhand where he had very little space to put it. It was a goal scorers goal.....or it was a lucky shot. Either way, its a win for the Wings.

One thing that was concerning iwas our top line was getting chances but really not finishing. Tonight, they got their first goal since game 1. The good news is that our 2nd and 3rd lines are scoring. You hear it all the time from announcers talking about secondary scoring. Well, we are doing that now and its helped us to a 3-1 series lead.

I thought the game was, once again, officiated well. I didn't read through every page, but there are some wings fans that think the refs were trying to give the pens the game. I did not get that impression. Every penalty that was called was a legit call. The 2 calls resulting on the 5 on 3 were totally legit. Heck, you know they were when 60 people watching the game with us didn't complain about the 2nd call at all and they were all Wings fans. Its just my personal belief that unless the calls are 20-5 in favor of the Wings, then its not good officiating in the eyes of the wings fans. But I digress....

Wings SHOULD put this away in game 5 and I am going to be a very happy camper thats for sure. Gotta give the Pens credit though. They worked their asses off and only lost by a bounce today. Not like game 3 where the Wings played flat. Both teams were at their peak in terms of performance tonight and it was a good game to have on in prime time.

I called Wings in 7. If the Wings lose game 5, which is a possibility, there will be a 7th game. Mark my words now. However, if the Wings come out and dominate at home like they did the first two games, this game will be over very quickly. Osgood will win the Conn Smyth and the Wings will be celebrating.

Lets hope for a strong effort on Monday.

Edited by Nightfall

I just read in the Free Press the following:

"At least one fan, though, must have been on the Wings' side, for someone with enough wile to escape notice had snuck in an octopus, and managed to hurl it onto the ice just as the anthem ended, just as is done at Joe Louis Arena."

That made me laugh my ass off...if I ever find out who did that, I owe them a beer at the very least. God bless you, whomever you are!

I was listening on my way to work and I was freaking excited when i heard that a Red Wings fan got an Octopus on the ice!!! WAY TO GO TO THE FAN!!!

:clap: :octo: :clap: :octo::clap: :octo:

BTW was it just me or did they drop the puck completely towards Crosby when he was up against Filppula? I think it was the start of the 3rd period, at least later on in the game. I might be reading too much into it and they won't always get the drop perfect but man it was directed so much more towards Crosby.

Just got back from the bars in downtown Toronto. OMG I'm so happy!! It was about 70% Wings fans but the Pens fans were pretty loud and made for a great atmosphere. My buddy who is a Leafs fan and I had bet on the series (as well as Det/Dal) so he had a vested interest as well. We all went nuts when the Wings killed the 5 on 3 (holy s*** Zata that was unbelievable!), and in the end we all shook hands with the opposing fans as a gesture of respect.

The Joe is gonna be SOOOOO UNBELIEVABLE should the Wings win game 5.... we've waited 6 years for this! Here's hoping Stanley comes home Monday night!!!

Are there any links to streams of the press interviews? I gotta hear these Crosby comments with my own ears

i usually get them from nhl.tv. There's a few Wings ones there from tonight but nothing from the pens yet. I'm assuming that they are editing out the whining that's over the edge that makes the pens look like total ******* out and that means that they have A LOT of editing to do before they can post the videos.... <_<

i usually get them from nhl.tv. There's a few Wings ones there from tonight but nothing from the pens yet. I'm assuming that they are editing out the whining that's over the edge that makes the pens look like total ******* out and that means that they have A LOT of editing to do before they can post the videos.... <_<

Usually it's all available on CBC's video player, but the full game/post-game press isn't there. Maybe it'll be up later.

Well, I missed the GDT because i was watching while family was over visiting but felt i should post as its still gameday here. Fantastic win, especially after going down by one early. Lids' goal was brilliant. Officiating wasn't too bad, a few missed calls such as the trip in the 3rd but otherwise we played well against a Pens team that wasn't bad on the night either.

Also, Ozzie was brilliant once again. Good bounce back after letting in 3 last game and the first early. Very solid from then on.

Are there any links to streams of the press interviews? I gotta hear these Crosby comments with my own ears

I'd wait till morning, but tsn.ca/nhl always has the entire postgame interview in their media player (albeit chopped up). If you can wait till the AM, I hope this helps.

Osgooooood. You're so, so consistent, and I love you.

His goal tonight he got fooled, he thought Hossa was going to go around the net on him, and Hossa snuck it in. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Mr. & Mrs. NFM#25 got our tickets for Game 5, and we'll be making the trip! How special it is now that the Wings won tonight.

You two have a blast! Hope you can stay a few days, just in case ;) You might have someplace to be Wednesday morning.

That is extraordinarily cool... congratulations. I would not sleep between now and then, if I had tickets to game 5.

Yeah, its really exciting. I've never been at a game of this magnitude.

Mr. & Mrs. NFM#25 at Sec. 219, Row 20, Seat 9 & 10. Look for us.