• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoOzzieGo

Where is Drake?

Rate this topic

The Wings brought Drake in to be a one man wrecking ball and now that he has finally reached his first Stanley Cup Finals, one would think that he would be going ballistic out there on any Pen that crossed his path. But yet I haven't seen much of him doing that????

Edited by GoOzzieGo

one would think that he would be going balistic out there on any Pen that crossed his path. But yet I haven't seen much of him doing that????

I think he's been throwing the body around pretty well. I dunno, was never a huge fan of his before, or today, but I'd say he's about same/same.

Kronwall times them just right. He just doesn't go out there hitting everything in site. He waits for the right moment and then WHAM! I love that about him :yowza:

Well if hes not hitting and hes not shooting or scoring then hes about as useful as Lebda or Lilja. The fact is Kronwall NEEDS to hit and not on a game by game basis. Two or three good hits in the neutral zone will make players like Malone or Hossa keep their heads up.

Rafalksi and Lidstrom aren't going to be the ones to do it.

You can criticize the Drake, for his last 2 games, but you aren't SERIOUSLY saying Kronwall has been bad, are you?

Good God, people... how about Dats and Z? They need to produce, and that's the bottom line.

You can criticize the Drake, for his last 2 games, but you aren't SERIOUSLY saying Kronwall has been bad, are you?

Good God, people... how about Dats and Z? They need to produce, and that's the bottom line.

Kronwall hasn't brought any physical play in the last two games. Datsyuk can setup anybody, if those people can't finish then thats the problem. Hes playing with a 30 and 40 goal scorer, if they're going goal less on a line with Datsyuk then someone needs to look at Zetterberg and Holmstrom.

Put Datsyuk on a line with Hudler and Cleary and he would still produce. Zetterberg, despite the couple points he has, has been silent. Holmstrom has been the Pens personal whipping boy.

If Kronwall isn't hitting hes just a steady stay at home defender. He NEEDS to hit for this team to be successful. This team will never succeed with Datsyuk leading the team in hits and 6 offensive defenseman who shy away from contact.

Kronwall hasn't brought any physical play in the last two games. Datsyuk can setup anybody, if those people can't finish then thats the problem. Hes playing with a 30 and 40 goal scorer, if they're going goal less on a line with Datsyuk then someone needs to look at Zetterberg and Holmstrom.

Put Datsyuk on a line with Hudler and Cleary and he would still produce. Zetterberg, despite the couple points he has, has been silent. Holmstrom has been the Pens personal whipping boy.

If Kronwall isn't hitting hes just a steady stay at home defender. He NEEDS to hit for this team to be successful. This team will never succeed with Datsyuk leading the team in hits and 6 offensive defenseman who shy away from contact.

:hehe: You crack me up :huh:

So to recap, Datsyuk who has no points, is doing awesome. Zetterberg and Holmstrom, who each have a goal and an assist, have been silent and are the real problem?

Don't get me wrong, I think Dats has been playing pretty well. But no points is still no points. We're three games into the SCF. I expect all these guys to produce more, including Datsyuk.

So to recap, Datsyuk who has no points, is doing awesome. Zetterberg and Holmstrom, who each have a goal and an assist, have been silent and are the real problem?

Don't get me wrong, I think Dats has been playing pretty well. But no points is still no points. We're three games into the SCF. I expect all these guys to produce more, including Datsyuk.

Datsyuk would have three points if you include the non-goal and the two other wide open nets that Holmstrom and co. have missed. Zetterberg scored a throw away goal at the end of a blow out game. And Holmstrom's goal came from 3 inches away from the goal line, a puck that was probably going over the line either way.

Datsyuk would have three points if you include the non-goal and the two other wide open nets that Holmstrom and co. have missed. Zetterberg scored a throw away goal at the end of a blow out game. And Holmstrom's goal came from 3 inches away from the goal line, a puck that was probably going over the line either way.

to an extent it isn't about points, and to be honest i think they've all been playing well, but the bottom line is they are our top line, and they need to produce on the scoreboard - all of them ... and it doesn't make sense to blame 2 of them and not the other, just because we think of dats as more of a set-up man doesn't mean we shouldn't expect goals from him as well ...

to an extent it isn't about points, and to be honest i think they've all been playing well, but the bottom line is they are our top line, and they need to produce on the scoreboard - all of them ... and it doesn't make sense to blame 2 of them and not the other, just because we think of dats as more of a set-up man doesn't mean we shouldn't expect goals from him as well ...

He set up Holmstrom and Stuart for sure goals in game 3 and they both didn't capitalize. This is a case of people looking at stats instead of play. Zetterberg has been constanty thrown out of the faceoff circle and hes been giving up the puck a lot. Of course, if Holmstrom can't score on open nets and he can't stand in front of the net hes neutralized.

Datsyuk is the best setup man in the league, we shouldn't need him to score two goals a game to win.

He set up Holmstrom and Stuart for sure goals in game 3 and they both didn't capitalize. This is a case of people looking at stats instead of play. Zetterberg has been constanty thrown out of the faceoff circle and hes been giving up the puck a lot. Of course, if Holmstrom can't score on open nets and he can't stand in front of the net hes neutralized.

Datsyuk is the best setup man in the league, we shouldn't need him to score two goals a game to win.

We don't need him to score two goals a game to win. The Wings have won two games without him registering a single point.

And I have been looking at his play. As I said, he hasn't been playing poorly, but your top players are accountable. Three games and no points.

All three players on the top line need to produce. You're letting Datsyuk off easy.

Exactly.

Crosby is more of a set up man, but everyone was commenting on his lack of impact the first two games.

no one here is saying they are playing poorly or looking solely at the stats, but the bottom line is if they aren't on the stats sheet it means they aren't scoring or assisting on goals ... it just doesn't seem right to point the finger at 2/3 of the line and say they need to produce when thay have played just as well and put more on the scoreboard than the guy you're letting off the hook ... hank gets thrown out of the faceoff circle a lot because he tries to get a jump on the puck and he knows if he gets tossed it's pavel coming in behind him, so no big deal ... not sure why you're bashing homer, what you said there doesn't even make sense ... none of his goals are ever on an empty or open net, they're usually deflection or tap-ins around the goaltender

Edited by lets go pavel