• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

One Game Away!

Rate this topic

It's amazing that they're one game away but I'm still cautiously optimistic. Being at home is a definite plus so hopefully they capitalize. Rest assured though that champagne will be flowing wherever I am if they put it away.

There will be alcohol.

Lord will there be alcohol.

As long as it's at home and you don't go out and get silly in the streets. May we PLEASE have a little more decorum than Montreal. Those fans were totally idiotic. May we have a little more sense.

Edited by Kira

As I stirred my coffee all I could think of was going to game 5 with my best friend......then I put the sugar in the fridge and the cream in the cupboard. It's going to be a LOOONG 34 hours and 58 minutes!!! :)

Edited by HockeytownRN

Another Cup is within reach again. This team is destined for it.

You can't say enough about this organization. Year after year they continue to be among the best in the NHL. Some years (and certainly after the '06 first round loss) I thought they were going to slip a little, but it doesn't matter who the coach is, or the captain, or the goalie, they still end up with the best record. Exciting times again, and like Lidstrom says it never gets old!

If I was capable of crying, I would.

It's just so rewarding believing in this team all year long. From the training camp, to the preseason, to all the crazy happenings in the season (the dekes, the fights, the plays, the Dominator sweep Gaborik into the sky), to the up and down crazyness of the playoffs.

Man, I'm going to get super wasted for this occasion. Got two bottle of champagne waiting!

I'm cautiously optimistic. For one, the Wings will have all the advantages in the game. Second, Pittsburgh looked heartbroken, like they had just lost the series after last night.

I wouldn't put it past Pittsburgh to rally for one more win, but I hope it doesn't happen. Winning in Detroit would be so rewarding and amazing.

I'm beside myself, really. I have to keep telling myself "it's not over yet!"

I am still in shock.

Last night's win has to be so demoralizing for the Pens. To have to come back here, where the Wings play so well and the fans (had better) make so much noise... LOOK OUT, STANLEY!!!

Damn if there weren't Pen Trolls lurking at 9 o'clock on a Friday night... but they seem to be curiously absent this morning. Strange.

Thinking back to the last three cups I'm cautiously optomistic. I'm still a little worried given that Dallas came in and stole game 5 at the Joe. Not counting any chickens here but hoping for a reason to celebrate tonight.

:thumbup::thumbup:

I am in the same boat. The press and fans of the wings think tonights the night. Cost of tickets for tonights game are through the roof. All through this, I just hope the players are going to play their best tonight. Lets hope the puck bounces their way. Otherwise, game 6 is on Wednesday.

I will be crying like a child come Monday night if we finish them off. Crying tears of joy for Dom and Cheli, Aaron and D-Mac...I mean, how could you not feel something to see Darren especially, carrying the Cup. My God, I cannot believe what the atmosphere is going to be like at the Joe. I wish I could be there, but I will be in spirit. And yes, I will break down and have a drink when all is said and done. I have most of a bottle of good aged Irish whiskey on my shelf - it will definitely be time to break into it.

My sentiments, exactly!!! My eyes welled up with tears just reading this!

I can't wait!!! OMG, so excited!!!!! Rocking back and forth, pacing, let's get this game going.

GO WINGS!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Heres a little something that i found on youtube that really got me fired up for tonight!!! ive been counting down the time to faceoff since i woke up this morning!!! GOOOO WINGS!

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&">
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Hope this fires all of you up also!

This is it, people. One win away from bringing Lord Stanley's Cup back to where it belongs... Hockeytown, USA. 102 games played that have all lead up to this night. It has been 2,181 Days since the Cup was last raised on Detroit's ice. Players have come and gone from Detroit in its quest to bring the cup back to Detroit since we last saw it, though ultimately Coach Mike Babcock has whittled his team into the powerhouse we see before us. No longer are we too soft to make it, no longer is the torment of first round and second round exits killing what was a promising team far too early. In 2008 all the stars have aligned to bring us to June 2, one win away from proving to the world that the Red Wings are back on the map, and not even the NHL's Superman Crosby and his Robin, Malkin, can stop the determination of this team. We deserved every win that has come out of this post-season and we deserve to lift the cup when this series is over. There is no looking towards next year or last year tonight. Tonight we look at game 5 and seeing the will of a champion overcome everything the NHL threw at us this 2007-2008 season. Welcome to history, Detroit, this is your night, and no one can take it away from us!

This is it, people. One win away from bringing Lord Stanley's Cup back to where it belongs... Hockeytown, USA. 102 games played that have all lead up to this night. It has been 2,181 Days since the Cup was last raised on Detroit's ice. Players have come and gone from Detroit in its quest to bring the cup back to Detroit since we last saw it, though ultimately Coach Mike Babcock has whittled his team into the powerhouse we see before us. No longer are we too soft to make it, no longer is the torment of first round and second round exits killing what was a promising team far too early. In 2008 all the stars have aligned to bring us to June 2, one win away from proving to the world that the Red Wings are back on the map, and not even the NHL's Superman Crosby and his Robin, Malkin, can stop the determination of this team. We deserved every win that has come out of this post-season and we deserve to lift the cup when this series is over. There is no looking towards next year or last year tonight. Tonight we look at game 5 and seeing the will of a champion overcome everything the NHL threw at us this 2007-2008 season. Welcome to history, Detroit, this is your night, and no one can take it away from us!

Very well said,. Thank you for this perfect emotion of words that bring total tears to my eyes. It's awesome!

GO WINGS!!!!!

Here's pretty much how I felt as the clock ticked to 00:00 in the 3rd tonight:

Jesus Christ!!!!! Not only did that scare the s*** out of me, just because its a clown... but i brings me disgrace for working for such corp. for 2 years of my life!

But I get your point... AS WILL I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO WINGS