• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dicksmack

Hudler

Rate this topic

The amazing, and to me, very special, thing about this year's PO run has been how our role-players and grinders and lesser stars have stepped up (for one thing, reminds me strongly of '97: Murphy, nufsed). Huds, Helm, Flip, and *gasp* Sammy (of all freekin' peeps) have been showing up ready and willing to battle, and it's obvious how hard they are working for it.

It's not that the Pens are SO bad, it's that the Wings are working SO hard. Much of that goes back to the coaching staff, IMHO.

Another thing I'll say about Huds et al shining: there's a certain syndrome that occurs when everyone around you is playing outta-their-minds great.... Success feels wonderful, and makes everyone hungry for their own piece of the action.

Saw it happen on Tinkson's run to state HSFB champs a season ago... while we had our quote unquote stars routinely making things happen, it seemed that every Friday night, someone unexpected would come up huge, and that was key to that team being the most successful ever in school history.

Success breeds success.

[afterthought: I'll also lay some of it at the Mule's doorstep. He has shown what hard work, patience, and humility can do for a career. That has HAD to fire up players like Sammy and Huds and Helm]

Fourth line goals win championships. Hudler has definitely stepped into that 'fourth line' role effectively with Helm and McCarty.

Deja vu!!!!! :siren:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I've always had a soft spot for Hudler and i would just like to point out he has the most points/time in the playoffs.

Ive said it a hundred times but if you give Hudler just maybe 13-15 mins a night he could be a 25 g 40 a player ezly

he is developing into a fantastic player. I think all the experience roaming the locker room and having the 2 best forwards in the game helping him I am not surprised to see his play stepping up.

I am however extremely glad and pumped that he's wearing the winged wheel.