• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dicksmack

Hudler

Rate this topic

I'm very impressed with Hudler's game. Sure he got a weak goal but I noticed him backchecking and stealing pucks like he's a 13 or 40. He's come a long way from last year's playoffs where Babcock didn't seem to trust him much... He's earned it and I'm so glad for him to be the hero of game 4.

I'm most impressed by how he's just embraced his role and minutes -- looks confident along the boards and entering the zone on the PP, plays pretty hard defense from what I've seen. Good for him for not curling up and working to be visible out there.

Absolutely love Huds. He's a very good and underrated player.

I have to second your thoughts.

Didn't Babs even make it seem like he was not going to play much at all after the first couple of games? Wonder what he is thinking now.

Keep it up Huds.

Weak goal or not, Hudler has officially entered the Red Wings' history book with that ginormous goal tonight. For a kid that was too small, too slow, etc. the man has really stepped up in this year's playoffs. It's funny but I'm sure when regulars on this board were lobbying to bring a "gritty" forward like Ryan Malone (his exact piece-of-crap name was thrown around here countless times) to this team over the last few years it was always Hudler that was going the other way. And even then it was a big joke. Like: man, the Penguins would never trade Malone for Hudler.

So ******* laughable. I just felt like I had to say this.

I hope he continues to grow (not literally, of course), but much like Datsyuk did his first couple years in the league. I think he could be a nice 2nd line player down the early road. I kinda wish we could combine Filppula and Hudler into one player because they're kinda similar.

Filppudler

exceptional? = no

Good? = yes

Babcock gave McCarty a lot of credit on the podium tonight for his leadership on the bench in the last few minutes of the game. I think D-Mac is happy to fill that role and he brings a lot to the table in that respect.

Give Hudler another year or two and he could be a real monster on the ice. Dats started pretty slow too until he got some confidence. It's just a matter of time for Huds to break out also.

I liked Hudler from the start. In truth, mostly I had faith in our scouting teams. You don't get guys like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kronny, and heck even helm of late, without having excellent scouts. I watched him play a few preseason games when he first got to us, and I couldn't help but thing "If this dude weren't so small, he's got some major skill".

I think Detroit has toughened him up a little bit on his defensive game, and maybe upped his aggression a bit. I'm not expecting another Wayne Gretzy out of the guy, but I do expect him to be a long lasting player in the NHL. He's done very well in the playoffs as a 4th line scorer. This game tonight was a fairly pivitol game. For him to have the game winner is huge on his character as a player.

Does anyone know if the shot Hudler made in went between Fleury's arm and side, or if it bounced off the post and hit his back? I've looked for slow motion replays or pics of it and I can't find any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if the shot Hudler made in went between Fleury's arm and side, or if it bounced off the post and hit his back? I've looked for slow motion replays or pics of it and I can't find any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

it hit the post and bounced off the back of fleury's arm as he was trying to stop the initial shot...

The beauty of Huds this season (and last tbh) is that even with 4th line minutes he is still able to put up points. So many players wouldn't be able to get into their groove sat on the bench getting cold for long periods.

He's been Babcock's little ***** for so long now, he really rides him hard. But Babs himself has repeatedly said, Hudler has skill and will score points if he wants to and its up to him how good of a hockey player he wants to be.

Huge Huge goal by Huds. As the puck flutter past Fluery I was so into it that it almost felt like a matrix bullet time kinda of slow motion.

Isn't it strange how for an offensive forward, he's playing much better in his 4th line role than he did his few games on the second line. When Sammy moved down huds did nothign and sammy played better....which is a minor problem for next year, as we will still be with a legitimate 2nd line right winger.....which is even more testament to the great team ethic of this squad that they are spreading the points around to cover this...such a shame that grigorenko never really recovered from his accident as he would hae been perfect in this role...

I must say i love huds competative attitude....if sammy had a bit more of huds fire and huds hands he really would be a legit 2nd liner!

Isn't it strange how for an offensive forward, he's playing much better in his 4th line role than he did his few games on the second line. When Sammy moved down huds did nothign and sammy played better....which is a minor problem for next year, as we will still be with a legitimate 2nd line right winger.....which is even more testament to the great team ethic of this squad that they are spreading the points around to cover this...such a shame that grigorenko never really recovered from his accident as he would hae been perfect in this role...

I must say i love huds competative attitude....if sammy had a bit more of huds fire and huds hands he really would be a legit 2nd liner!

sammys got fire, not as much as rex but he mixes it well...

sammy just needs hands and the ability to shoot with accuracy.

You know, I've heard alot of people critique Hudler's value because of his size or lack thereof during his career here, and I have to admit there were plenty of times that I could very well see their point. All I can say is thank God I'm not Ken Holland or Mike Babcock. They've seen this kid's value from day one and never gave up on him and we've certainly seen the results this playoff year, I feel ashamed to have ever doubted him myself. Yeah maybe it was a soft on goal on Fluery's part last night, but its the effort that made it possible and Jiri gave 110% every shift.

Like some others have said already, 4th line scoring absolutely wins championships. When you get to this stage the other guys spend their entire practice getting ready to shut down your big guns its the guys like Huds and Filpps that slide under the radar and have to pick up the slack. I'll be damned if they haven't shown they want to win a cup, which is more than Pittsburgh fans can say about some of their headline players like Malkin.

I guess my point is I'm proud as hell of everybody on this team, but especially guys like Hudler that never quit even when they're overshadowed by our franchise players and most fans don't buy their jerseys. Go get those damn rings gentlemen, because one thing is for sure, if you do you'll have earned them!

sammys got fire, not as much as rex but he mixes it well...

sammy just needs hands and the ability to shoot with accuracy.

True enough, but even with his dubious shooting, when you see sammy really fired up (game 1 for instance), he's such a better player. a little of rex's intensity would a make him contribute more. And no, I'm not saying 'he's lazy and he sucks'....just that 10% more of say cheli's competativeness would make a big impact on his contribution

Hudler can score... he makes the most of his opportunities around the net and can stay in the game mentally with limited ice time. His backhand is lethal and he has the sense to use it, rather than allow the goalie to get set.

Now he's learned to battle defensively and I think he's been soaking up some leadership from Hank and Pav... He was thrown around by SJ last year in the post-season and looked out of place, nothing could be further from the truth now.

I'm very glad to see it!