• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MississippiWing

About the Octopus In Mellon Arena

Rate this topic

This is an awesome story. I truely hate the Pens now. You never hear of ANYONE being thrown out because they threw an octopus on the ice...ANYWHERE. It's nice to see this kid had the balls to what he did. IN THE FACE MELLON ARENA/PENS!!!! You're on your way out this year, and so is your whiny captin. I can't wait to whoop these guys, and have the NHL kissing the Wing's butt for the summer!

Not just that even better is the arena GM i believe it is quote

"We don't allow anything to be thrown on Ice"

Interviewer: What about hats?

GM: hats are a hockey tradition so yes

Umm 1952 8 legs 8 wins ring a bell. Ah yes most people whos teams have been around longer than the 70's would call that tradition.

I loved this story. I was once young, foolish and passionate like this -- and I am glad he still is. Great job, kiddo! :thumbup:

PS - edit - my favorite part? "Someone could have been hurt!" By what? splattering goo from the poor octo? LOL~

Edited by puckloo39

Awesome story! Glad to see he still got to watch the game! Out of curiosity, are all pitt fans crying babies like the ones you hear in the background? Do you really have to whine about every non-call, or even things that aren't even close for that matter?

Edited by FEEDtheMULE

"They got their traditions, we got ours," said Mike Gadsby, 45, a Penguins fan and native Pittsburgher who lives in Livonia. "He shouldn't have been tossed."

That guy is one of the FEW good pens fans

This is an awesome story. I truely hate the Pens now. You never hear of ANYONE being thrown out because they threw an octopus on the ice...ANYWHERE.

Actually, yeah, it happens all the time. Otherwise how do you figure the guy had the foresight to plan ahead and buy the extra ticket?

That story has made my day. Thank you so much.

My fav bit? This:

"I'm glad they threw him out," Gelorme said. "You can't come in here and throw the octopus."

Ehmm, obviously, you CAN.

Because he DID.

:octo:

Isn't this the last ever game at the Mellon Arena?

If so, it serves them right, because their fans are a bunch of whining pansies, who are barely one step above Predators fans when it comes to hockey IQ.

No, they said they have 2 more seasons. They are about to break ground on the new stadium soon.