• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sixer

If we win game 5 - Celebrations in Downtown?

Rate this topic

So i have never been downtown after a win, I will be at the game but "if" they win should i head down to hockeytown cheli's chili area? of party outside the Joe.... anyone have any ideas?

You better take a lot of freakin' pictures!!!! :)

"The way i look at it, the uglier i get in the playoffs the better we are doing!!!" I laughed at that one... stroking my own beard haha

Amen to that... I'm looking forward to happily shaving this thing off.

any tips for that? I dont look forward to clogging my sink drain

You know what's funny? I take an ESPN The Magazine (since they're huge) and open it over the sink. Shave, fold it along the bind and then put in the toilet/trash/whatever. Works like a charm.

I think I'm gonna have to break out the machete or a weed whacker to get this thing trimmed down a bit first, however.

I'll be at the game tonight! Not sure what we are doing after the game. We got a hotel room downtown so we don't have to drive home and we can celebrate all night long!!!

In 02 they had the after game party in Royal Oak, but that was before Cheli's was open downtown. I think they'll definitely have it there this year!!

GO WINGS!!!

WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP!

They will be everywhere!

Seriously like every town will be partying. I always would go to Downtown Ply-town to just watch the streets and the man made parades go up and down kellogs park... Amazing!

I went to Cobo Joes during Game 4 and we counted 20 people in the house. CHeli's Chili on Michigan Ave was packed though. THere was a guy that had on red warmups and the white wings jersey, and the guy had a Superman cape around his neck, guy was running up and down the bar and eventually the street. There was a lady parked outside of the parking structure next to Cobo Joe's , that guy reached in the car and kissed her on the cheek LOL it was hilarious because she told him "IM GONNA PUT 5 CROSS YO LIP" HAHAHAA

I live in Woodhaven (Downriver) and what I've done the past 3 times they won the cup is went driving around honking my horn. People have done that every cup win, on all the busy streets. In 97 and 98 the streets were pandamonium. I wonder if it will be that nuts tonight, seeing as it doesn't seem there's as much enthusiasm. Saturday and Sunday morning sports talk this past weekend was more about the Pistons losing than the red wings on the verge of winning their 4th cup in 11 years.

Saturday and Sunday morning sports talk this past weekend was more about the Pistons losing than the red wings on the verge of winning their 4th cup in 11 years.

Majority of people that call into sports show do it to vent frustrations. Losing teams always dominate the airwaves. IM leaving for hockeytown in about 2 hours, it will be a blast.

You know what's funny? I take an ESPN The Magazine (since they're huge) and open it over the sink. Shave, fold it along the bind and then put in the toilet/trash/whatever. Works like a charm.

I think I'm gonna have to break out the machete or a weed whacker to get this thing trimmed down a bit first, however.

The one time I've had to shave my beard off since growing it back in early '07 I stood over the toilet with my trimmer. Took it down as far as the trimmer would go, finished with the razor. Doesn't clog anything, leaves no mess.

I live in Woodhaven (Downriver) and what I've done the past 3 times they won the cup is went driving around honking my horn. People have done that every cup win, on all the busy streets. In 97 and 98 the streets were pandamonium. I wonder if it will be that nuts tonight, seeing as it doesn't seem there's as much enthusiasm. Saturday and Sunday morning sports talk this past weekend was more about the Pistons losing than the red wings on the verge of winning their 4th cup in 11 years.

There was more talk about the future of Flip Saunders on WDFN than Wings talk.

I went to Cobo Joes during Game 4 and we counted 20 people in the house. CHeli's Chili on Michigan Ave was packed though.

Well more than likely all of the people that would have been in Cobo Joes were actually in Joe Louis Arena for Game 4... It was a blast!!!

I'll be at the game tonight! Not sure what we are doing after the game. We got a hotel room downtown so we don't have to drive home and we can celebrate all night long!!!

Well I know where my friend and I are staying tonight then haha!

Well more than likely all of the people that would have been in Cobo Joes were actually in Joe Louis Arena for Game 4... It was a blast!!!

Game 4 was in Pittsburgh, and Joe Vision wasnt a sellout, the sections behind the bench's and penalty boxes were the only areas that they were allowing to have people sit, wasnt bad though....... I went for the 1st period then the 2 guys with me wanted to hit Joes.

Edited by 2probert4

Game 4 was in Pittsburgh, and Joe Vision wasnt a sellout, the sections behind the bench's and penalty boxes were the only areas that they were allowing to have people sit, wasnt bad though....... I went for the 1st period then the 2 guys with me wanted to hit Joes.

Oh i know i was there too... i was just saying thats probably why Cobo Joes was not filled because all those that would normally have no choice but to watch the game there could actually go to the arena now.

Anything happening in Macomb county??

Perhaps try Hamlin Pub and you might meet some people for events.

Edited by Jwo

Oh i know i was there too... i was just saying thats probably why Cobo Joes was not filled because all those that would normally have no choice but to watch the game there could actually go to the arena now.

I had some Penguin jerk talking smack while I typed that, figured it out after the bunghole left me alone. Joes doesnt really have a big TV to watch, but its definately a hockey bar. Was my first visit there.

So where will the the camera crews be at, Detroit or Royal Oak? I remember in '02 Royal Oak was the place to be but I can't remember if Hockeytown was built at the time.

They'll definitely be in Royal Oak. They'll have the helicopters and everything else out.