• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sixer

If we win game 5 - Celebrations in Downtown?

Rate this topic

Hey guys, coming in for Game 5 and not sure what to expect in terms of chaos and partying if we're able to win game 5.

Is all the chaos concentrated typically outside JLA, Hockeytown on Woodward, Greektown, etc?

This question is for those who were out and about during our last couple cup wins.

Hey guys, coming in for Game 5 and not sure what to expect in terms of chaos and partying if we're able to win game 5.

Is all the chaos concentrated typically outside JLA, Hockeytown on Woodward, Greektown, etc?

This question is for those who were out and about during our last couple cup wins.

There is usually a bunch of people in the street in Royal Oak too. In '02 thats where I was and it was a ton of fun. Plus I believe the Wings went somewhere around there after the win at about 2 or 3 in the morning.

There is usually a bunch of people in the street in Royal Oak too. In '02 thats where I was and it was a ton of fun. Plus I believe the Wings went somewhere around there after the win at about 2 or 3 in the morning.

I believe Royal Oak is a suburb right?

Anyways, more interested in finding out about if there is chaos typically outside JLA, Hockeytown on Woodward, Greektown, etc

Any specific places?

ps. And I don't mean chaos as in being a stupid habs fan and burning cop cars, vandalism, etc.

Let's keep it classy guys. Only expect that type of stuff in Montreal and Pittsburgh, haha.

Greektown area will be your best bet downtown. You're going to have to go out to somewhere like Royal Oak as previously mentioned if you want to walk around with people.

I'm hoping the parade is Thursday as I have it off

Everyone that lives any where near Detroit thats not going to the game you better be at Hockey Town Cafe tonight... PLEASE! they have a little theater where you can watch the game. I will be in there watching it for most of the game. LOOK FOR ME IF YOU GO! I'm going to wear my Fischer jersey and I have a big bushy black beard and stupid blond hair with a miller lite head band! Lets get the party started!!!

I hung out near the arena and Cobo in 02 and it was pretty crazy. Bars in the area fill to the max. The "Post Bar" was the bar where the Wings players occasionally went after games back then but I doubt it's still the happening place, it's a total dive. I dunno about other areas of the city.

stop being dicks! Where are my replies?!?!

Wheres the "WOOO f*** YEA WE'LL BE RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!"

COME ON GUYSSS!!! I'm leaving for the Air Force in 2 weeks!

The Post and Cobo Joes on Congress will be packed after the game, GUARANTEED. It will be crazy everywhere you go. so don't worry about having to look for action. One year I was on the Diamond Jack boat, and the Wings won the cup. We got off the boat right after the game ended, and even off of Jefferson where the boat docked it was packed with people and newspapers were already being sold with the Wings winning the cup on them.

Royal Oak will be INSANE. (I live there). It took us an hour to drive three blocks down Main street the last cup, and EVERYONE was high fiving from cars, etc. Oh, and for the boys......there were even girls who took their tops off all over the place. It was absolutely insane, and i'll never, ever forget it.

WOW i'm pumped for tonight!!!!!

stop being dicks! Where are my replies?!?!

Wheres the "WOOO f*** YEA WE'LL BE RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!"

COME ON GUYSSS!!! I'm leaving for the Air Force in 2 weeks!

Wow, and you want people to party with you? You post at 7am and expect responses in a few minutes? I can understand that you are excited, but chill a bit. Calling people names is no way to get people to go.." I wanna party with that guy!"

Hope everything goes the way we would like it to go. You will have a good time even if nobody responds.

What time would you guys recommend people to get down to hockeytown cafe. Would around 5:45-6:00 be too late?

I honestly think that if you get there around that time, people who are there just wasting time before the game will start to leave and spots will open up. However, I haear more and more people want to be downtown for the hopeful celebration so It will be packed, quite possibly a line, so the earlier you can get there the better. GO WINGS!!!

Edited by alowicious

Wow, and you want people to party with you? You post at 7am and expect responses in a few minutes? I can understand that you are excited, but chill a bit. Calling people names is no way to get people to go.." I wanna party with that guy!"

Hope everything goes the way we would like it to go. You will have a good time even if nobody responds.

Hahaha. I'm sorry, I seriously just can't wait. I'm so excited. I'm seriously going to cry tears of joy if we win tonight.

Hmmm... I could walk from my house to downtown RO....

LOL Matt! You better go! People will be hanging from the street lights. Oh, and did I mention topless girls? I swear the cops didn't even say anything to them, they just basically let everyone celebrate. They do close freeways going INTO Detroit after they win the cup, so if you're not already down there don't plan on going near the end of the game as you own't be able to get into Detroit, only out. It's something you'll never forget, and it's the reason we are HOCKEYTOWN!

My wife and I will be there! We're wondering where the happenings will be when the game concludes.

They will be everywhere!

Seriously like every town will be partying. I always would go to Downtown Ply-town to just watch the streets and the man made parades go up and down kellogs park... Amazing!

LOL Matt! You better go! People will be hanging from the street lights. Oh, and did I mention topless girls? I swear the cops didn't even say anything to them, they just basically let everyone celebrate. They do close freeways going INTO Detroit after they win the cup, so if you're not already down there don't plan on going near the end of the game as you own't be able to get into Detroit, only out. It's something you'll never forget, and it's the reason we are HOCKEYTOWN!

So Royal Oak? I'm in Detroit again for the game lol.

So Royal Oak? I'm in Detroit again for the game lol.

Well Detroit will be the best place to be by far, but if you can't make it there Royal Oak will be insane. As OsGod said, ANYWHERE in Hockeytown is going to go nuts (if they win tonight). I know we are getting ahead of ourselves but I can't contain my excitement and anticipation!!!!! Heard Drapes on the radio this morning and it got me even more pumped.

Well Detroit will be the best place to be by far, but if you can't make it there Royal Oak will be insane. As OsGod said, ANYWHERE in Hockeytown is going to go nuts (if they win tonight). I know we are getting ahead of ourselves but I can't contain my excitement and anticipation!!!!! Heard Drapes on the radio this morning and it got me even more pumped.

Hells yeah... i think that just got it to sink into me..

"The way i look at it, the uglier i get in the playoffs the better we are doing!!!" I laughed at that one... stroking my own beard haha

So i have never been downtown after a win, I will be at the game but "if" they win should i head down to hockeytown cheli's chili area? of party outside the Joe.... anyone have any ideas?

So i have never been downtown after a win, I will be at the game but "if" they win should i head down to hockeytown cheli's chili area? of party outside the Joe.... anyone have any ideas?