• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

AO makes a Canadian Dollar at Worlds

Rate this topic

AO chipped out the Loonie that was buried in the ice at the World Championships.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.

The Russians passing it around and kissing it is a bold statement. Kinda like people f'ing with the octopus.

Some might says it's bad sportsmanship.

Link

Wow. I found that kinda hilarious. But when people F with octopus that basically jinxes them... So wouldn't you say its a good thing he did that if you're a Canadian fan?

So what you're saying is...Canadians are allowed to f*** with the ice surface by placing a loonie in it, but Russians cannot combat this by chipping the good luck charm out of the ice?

I love the 'it's a tradition, dammit' attitude. Yeah...it's a tradition because it happened before?

I guess catfish and beef being thrown on the ice are tradition too? They're about as old as burying a coin for good luck.

So what you're saying is...Canadians are allowed to f*** with the ice surface by placing a loonie in it, but Russians cannot combat this by chipping the good luck charm out of the ice?

I love the 'it's a tradition, dammit' attitude. Yeah...it's a tradition because it happened before?

I guess catfish and beef being thrown on the ice are tradition too? They're about as old as burying a coin for good luck.

Great post. Everything that I was thinking, but was too lazy to type. :thumbup::thumbup:

I wasn't referring to messing with the ice. I don't give a damn about that. I was referring more to the drastic show of disrespect.

I guess I'm just old fashioned and like the idea of respecting your opponents. Taking it out of the ice was alright I guess, but planting the flag was a little....theatrical.

I wasn't referring to messing with the ice. I don't give a damn about that. I was referring more to the drastic show of disrespect.

I guess I'm just old fashioned and like the idea of respecting your opponents. Taking it out of the ice was alright I guess, but planting the flag was a little....theatrical.

Sort of like the display that Don Cherry puts on each and every week?

Sort of like the display that Don Cherry puts on each and every week?

Exactly. Don Cherry is a joke. I can't believe he was voted one of the greatest Canadians. I guess that just shows the lack of history and accomplishments of Canadians. :P

Canadians put a coin under the ice of the American ice rink.

Russians when on Canadian ice and take the coin out and replace it with a flag.

If the Canadian team was pissed about that, they need to grow a pair. It's a frickin coin for gosh sakes. If you place that much weight on your team winning, you need to find better players.