• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 5 GDT: Penguins 4, Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

leaving the office in about 30 minutes to head downtown. going to walk around, enjoy the crowd and get ready for some pre-game action at cobo joe's.

hope to see everyone out there. i can't wait.

GO WINGS!

First of all, I'm new here, hello everybody!

Haven't had time to read the whole thread but is it only me who think babs should play Chelios instead of Lilja... I mean everytime he has the puck it's like being on the top of a rollercoaster going straight down... and for gods sake dont resign him either after this season is over... Lilja you are DONE.

But you're from Sweden, you're supposed to like Lilja.

I'm showing this off as much as I can, check out my awesome Swedish skills: En pojke på ett flygplan.

I know, I rule.

So I didn't fall asleep till about 5am thinking about the Wings. And then I have all these Stanley Cup dreams when I do fall asleep and now waking up my heart is already racing thinking about tonight. KLJSKJGS!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest mindfly
But you're from Sweden, you're supposed to like Lilja.

I'm showing this off as much as I can, check out my awesome Swedish skills: En pojke på ett flygplan.

I know, I rule.

Awesome swedish skills indeed ;)

Yeah but he's from Skåne, the southernmost part of sweden and they stink! they are more danish than swedes if you ask me ;-)

Edited by mindfly

this will be an epic game. i just can't stop to think about when lidstrom lifts the cup :)

i have to go to bed now to have energy to stay up and watch the game and then go to work.. won't have any time in between to sleep :/ (game starts at 2am)

somebody have to wake me up if I sleep through the alarm hehe

C'mon 7pm. (Central Time Zone crew here)

Once the nice gentlemen in neat suits with white gloves start to unpack things in the middle of the 3rd, as they tend to do, I don't want them to have to even think about repacking for the trip to Pittsburgh.

Guest mindfly

I'm concerned about wings faceoff %, usually in good games we're at 55-68% but now we were under 50% last game.. It's really important to win the faceoffs to start with the puck when you're a "puck-possesion-team"... I think Filppula was the best wing in faceoff last game, should be draper 1st, Z 2nd etc.

Wings are gonna own them 5-0...

Kronner (hasn't scored yet)

Franzen (Is due...didn't score last game)

Datsyuk (Is also due)

Z (shorthanded)

Huddles (Just so I can see him do the double fist pump with his mouth open wide enough to swallow a small car)

Other Predictions:

Crosby will probably cry. Roberts will cheap shot someone. Malkin will get annihilated by Kronner with a big hit. Gonchar will eventually say "F--- this crap" and go to play in Russia next year. Hal Gil becomes number one defenceman for Pittsburgh. Malkin accepts an offer sheet from Tampa for $25 m a season for 15 years. Neither Tampa or Pittsburgh makes the playoffs again until 2025.

Edit: P.S that vladdy moment chokes me up every time :'(

Edited by stud_defenseman

the damndest thing happened i was suppose to work today and would you believe i got the morning flu, all is good now tho. Im ready for tacos and a cup.

Some of the thoughts that have been going through my head as I can't deal with waiting for this game to start:

1. Babs has the last change, so far that has spelled nothing but horror for the Pens. The only game the Pens won, Babs was stubborn went with his lines, then the next game he matched up and again shutdown the top line.

2. The Joe will be rocking tonight, you could very well see upwards of 10 octopi tonight!!!!!!!!

3. Pitt will be playing with severe desperation, now that spelled trouble for the Wings with the Stars, but there is a big difference, when the Stars where desperate they still played as a team. The Pens tend to try and do too much as individuals.

4. If Therrien wants to win this game he should put Malkin on the 3rd line, he has admitted his legs are toast, he has said he is tired. Yet Therrien played him more minutes than Sidney last game.

5. The Wings need to focus on D for the first period (not that they haven't) very very hard this game. If the Wings can go into the 1st intermission 0-0 or if they score first I think the Pens will be deflated and start pointing fingers in the locker room.

6. I am not so sure Ozzie can post another shut out, they are not easy especially in the SCF, but with the last change and this D in front of him it is very possible, can you imagine 3 SO in one SCF series!!!

I predict a 4-1 game with the 4th coming on an empty net, and the cup will be hoisted tonight!!!

This is it Hockeytown! I couldn't be more excited right now. The Stanley Cup comes home tonight. I'm so proud of the Red Wings -- we are witnessing a very special hockey team, one that deserves to be champions in every sense of the word. Enjoy every second of it fellow Wings fans!

Go Ozzie & Red Wings! Lets party tonight Detroit!

Hopefully this is the last GDT of the season, so thanks Aflac for the awesome work!

:siren: :goalie2: :champs:

Edited by GoWings1905

I'm kicking myself right now... I had the choice between game 1 and game 5 tickets, and I went to game one. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!