• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 5 GDT: Penguins 4, Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

Wings: :champs: :beerbuddy: :battle: :siren:

Crosby kids aka kindergarten: :crybaby::crazy:

btw I think Babs is awesome BUT I'm really disappointed with Chelios being scratched...again, it's just NOT okay. The fans in here in Mannheim would've shouted for Chelios Game 1 and 2 ALL GAME LONG. I've been wondering why you guys haven't done that.

Edited by Adler Mannheim

I'm so nervous about tonights game. I'm more nervous about tnoights game then any other of the stanley cup clinchning games. I just need to suck it up.

Go Wings!

Yeah that's how I feel. I don't remember ever being this nervous in 97, 98 or 02. I blame the losing early from 03-06. I'm not nearly as confident as I used to be. I keep telling myself to just deal with it.

Penguins 13, Red Wings 1

In a moment that can only be described as surreal, Henrik Zetterberg made a defensive stop on Sidney Crosby by sprouting wings and gliding in from the red line to swoop down and chip away the puck before Crosby could poke it into a gaping net. Asked about the play after the game, Crosby said, "It was a play any ECHL winger makes 9 times out of 10."

Penguins coach Michel Therrien, on the defense of both teams during the Stanley Cup Finals: "You have to give both teams credit; both teams. We play solid, tight-checking defense. They hook, hold, obstruct, hack, whack, spear, cross-check, board and dive and flop all over the ice. I'm just sayin'."

hockeytown is proving its worth once again. i cant get away from all the red and white being sported.

at school,

car flags,

many houses have stanley cup banners,

Chris Osgood's neighbors made a fake seemingly full size stanley cup and put it in their front yard and have lights on it at night.

this is incredible.

but noooo talking heads like mark wilson and rob parker say no one cares about hockey here. theyre so UGH!

i dont care about them!!

this IS hockeytown and it always WILL BE.

ONE WIN AWAY and THIS HAPPENS:

:champs:

have fun tonight everyone, make it loud wherever you are.

GO WINGS!!!

Can't wait for game time and I'm envious of everyone in Detroit. Not many Wings fans in South Texas, but those who are here try to make up for it. Even thought the Stars spoiled the game 5 clincher in the WCF the last three times the Wings have gone into a SCF game with a chance to hoist the Cup they closed out the opponent. Not counting any chickens, but I think the Fat Lady is starting to warm up her vocal chords. I wouldn't be surpriesed if the game is either a) a blow out (ala game 7 against the Avs in 2002 WCF) or a tight game (ala game 5 against the Hurricanes in 2002 SCF). I'm just hoping for a Wings victory and seeing Nick take the cup from Bettman and skate it around as the first European born and trained captain on a team with a heavy European flavor. Maybe that will shut up all the anti-Euros.

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

btw I think Babs is awesome BUT I'm really disappointed with Chelios being scratched...again, it's just NOT okay. The fans in here in Mannheim would've shouted for Chelios Game 1 and 2 ALL GAME LONG. I've been wondering why you guys haven't done that.

The Cup is more important than Chelly's pride. I hate to say it, but he would be a liability in this series.

Guest redwingsfan04

the crowd at the Joe Louis Arena goes wild

WE WANT STANLEY!!!

WE WANT STANLEY!!!

WE WANT STANLEY!!!

WE WANT STANLEY!!!

Gary Bettman gets plasterd by a octipus

:champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs:

Yeah, basically what I was thinking.

I saw your Western MI siggy. Good luck in hockey next season...I go to BGSU so here's to hoping there's another exciting game like the fight night game earlier this year!

Yeah, basically what I was thinking.

I saw your Western MI siggy. Good luck in hockey next season...I go to BGSU so here's to hoping there's another exciting game like the fight night game earlier this year!

Haha good luck to you as well.

But you're from Sweden, you're supposed to like Lilja.

I'm showing this off as much as I can, check out my awesome Swedish skills: En pojke på ett flygplan.

I know, I rule.

What's that mean?

I can't get over the fact that I am not going to this game...

What's that mean?

I can't get over the fact that I am not going to this game...

If my swedish is any good.. It means "A boy on a plane." Anyways, Detroit needs to keep an eye on the prize and remember that a win tonight will make them the champions. Don't get her get away from you tonight boys. Lets go Red Wings!

Edited by Nero

If my swedish is any good.. It means "A boy on a plane."

Why do random people know how to speak swedish...

I think I am going to go into learning it.

Not only that though, I have been hardcore Portugal for soccer, because all of my nationalities suck at soccer.

Lately though, I have been falling in love with the Swedish soccer team... so for Euro 2008 it's a tight pick between Sweden and Portugal.

No doubt Portugal is the better team but Sweden has some good guys on their team, Larsson, Imbrahimovich.

I will do this again, since it worked so well for game 4.

My dog is ready to party tonight, actually early morning for us. The games have been ending about 4.50 am.

Let´s go Red Wings.

i took this picture some years ago, and forgot about it:

WINGSTY.jpg

Starting to wind down the longest, least productive day of work ever.... back and forth between TSN.ca and NHL.com... going insane, its like Christmas was put off every year since 2002 and it Christmas eve and we're promised 6 years worth of crap.

GO WINGS!!!!