• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 5 GDT: Penguins 4, Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

Since halfway through the 3rd when the fans at the Joe were chanting "we want the cup" i was screaming at the TV (ok, i'm a schizo) "nooooooooooooo, we want a GOAL". In hindsight, maybe I'm not so crazy.

Yeah. That and the cup polishing.

sorry you feel that way.

doesn't the penguins have their own forum?

i'm all out for oppondants fans being on here but the fact you came to gloat after the game is over is just your way of rubbin it in and its some what annoying and hillerious considering we are still in the drivers seat.

are you just doing it while you can cause you know it will end bad for ya team?

thats the only reason fans usually do the trolling.

Some of you are damn pathetic. It amazes me that you call yourselves Wings fans, and yet the second something goes wrong you call for their heads on a platter. Get real. If you can't be with your teams through ups and downs, wins and losses, then maybe you don't deserved to be called a fan.

Yep ... I hear there's still room on the bandwagon bus for anyone else that wants to hop off ...

I'm staying on -- Wingnuts stay through Stanley Cup years, by Round 1 exits, sweeps, game 7 losses, through losing Konstantinov & Jiri Fischer!

LETS GO WINGS -- in 6!!!!

Oh puhleeze......

Some of you people act like you were out there on the ice for 3 freaking overtimes!!!

It's not how any of us wanted the game to end, but damn...we don't always get exactly what we want; when we want it. I can't believe that anyone who has been a Wings fan for longer than a week or two, would trash talk the players who got us this far.

The calls were what they were. I found numerous occasions that I disagreed with the call, but that's how it goes. After the first period, we were able to adjust and compensate. Unfortunately it didn't go our way this game. If you are ready to give up on the Wings after tonight, fine...you won't be missed. Some of us will be here to revel in the victories and suck it up and come out fighting in the next game.

I don't know what else to say other than, this team is my team. If you don't have the heart to hang with us...it is your loss.

Uh, news flash, that's exactly what YOUR team's leaders and YOUR team's coach did non-stop after every loss in this series.

I can't speak for coaches and players, If your beloved red wings lost the first 2

games by that margin, I could pretty much guess your coaches and players would

be singing it to.

I got it. Well, the Stars are probably resting and getting ready for next season. Just like the entire NHL will be in a few days. If Detroit wins the cup, congrats. If not, then you're in the same boat we are.

Whats the point in mocking that?

The Stars aren't even playing - go back to your own forums and talk about Fabian Brunnstrom and let us ***** and moan about not winning the Cup tonight.

Way to contradict yourself. Ozzie played some of his best hockey with the Isles. He was given an MVP award from the team for a reason.

Ozzie is more than a solid goaltender, and he's a hell of a lot more than good.

Not Osgood bashing, but a 2.92 GAA and a .894 SV% is barely solid, that's fine if he won MVP but numerically, no, not better than good. Following year on the blues, 9 games, 3.05 GAA and .888 SV%. If you reread my post, I wasn't defending or bashing Osgood, I was simply stating that he's not a Vezina calibur goaltender, but people's expectations of him are way ahead of his capabilities.

Not to mention i'm about furious right now like 90% of the other people on these boards trying to post about some reason why we lost when the cup was in our hands until the last 30 seconds of the game. Not being irrational, but I know hockey and if pointing out a fact about our goaltender pops your bubble, I apologize.

I can't Explain at how I feel. I love all our players, but one period of hockey wont win games. 34 seconds for a Championship! Hit them don't let them hack at your goaltender!

I must say PIT did well behind our net. That area is where all there opportunities came from. A pass or a goal came from behind the net. Let them have the back of the net they can't score from there. Be ready for that pass or to move up and trainwreck them when they try to come.

I also must say that WINGS you must control your shots, and not just put them on net. Homer lifted that puck and we get Cup. Instead into the pad and we been had.

f*** Bettmen, his sex slave Crosby, and his minions in the stripes.

I love how they sucked on the PP all night and then they win it on the PP.

While I agree the wings loss was tragic, we outplayed them, we are the better team, and now we are pissed off.

Pittsburgh is not in the same leauge as us. We will win in game 6 maybe it goes to 7 whatever i still like our chacnes. Remeber we are still up in the series.....

If it goes 7 games, then they are most certainly in our league.

Anything can happen in game 7. Imagine if they score first in game 7, or the refs try to pull some s*** again. That is not a position we should have ever gotten ourselves into.

Shakespeare couldn't have written anything this sad.

at this point, whatdja blow? Blues fans have a messed up vision of what's blowing it, especially from a perspective where you're up 3-1 in the SCF.

they still have an NHL team out in St. Louis? forgot about that.

i believe the blues are still in st louis, far as i know the may have moved to kc, wait that was the penguins headed to kc. Anyways the come back asking the blues fans who are the blues playing today ohh thats right, they got a tee time

Way to contradict yourself. Ozzie played some of his best hockey with the Isles. He was given an MVP award from the team for a reason.

Ozzie is more than a solid goaltender, and he's a hell of a lot more than good.

Not Osgood bashing, but a 2.92 GAA and a .894 SV% is barely solid, that's fine if he won MVP but numerically, no, not better than good. Following year on the blues, 9 games, 3.05 GAA and .888 SV%. If you reread my post, I wasn't defending or bashing Osgood, I was simply stating that he's not a Vezina calibur goaltender, but people's expectations of him are way ahead of his capabilities.

Not to mention i'm about furious right now like 90% of the other people on these boards trying to post about some reason why we lost when the cup was in our hands until the last 30 seconds of the game. Not being irrational, but I know hockey and if pointing out a fact about our goaltender pops your bubble, I apologize.

I can't speak for coaches and players, If your beloved red wings lost the first 2

be singing it to.

Actually, if you have ever watched a press conference with Babcock, or any of are players for that matter - thats not their style.

So your guess would be wrong.

Are you serious?

We were 34 seconds away from winning a Cup. The game 5 in Dallas was one we never deserved to win, and winning that series was only academic.

At this point, the series can go either way, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if the Pens won. It should have never come to that, because we had the Cup in the bank.

Can somebody explain to me this CRAP about deserving to win? -- YOU KNOW WHO DESERVES TO WIN -- THE TEAM THAT SCORES THE MOST GOALS!!!

did we lose a game we should have won, yes. but christ, everyone is jumping ship and giving up. we haven't been outplayed yet. bad officiating, yes, and all that goes along with it.

get positive. all we have to do is win ONE damn game.

Thank you!!

This is far from over. The wings will win game 6!

This loss was gut wrenching...no doubt. But the Wings will shake it off and come out flying next game. And I will be at Joe Vision to watch it!!!

I don't see Malkin being held pointless in a 7 game series. Just keep that in mind.

Correction: 6 game series

Also, he assited on the GWG.

a vacation is a vacation none to less and i do enjoy Michigan

Good, I like Michigan too :ph34r:

Are you serious?

We were 34 seconds away from winning a Cup. The game 5 in Dallas was one we never deserved to win, and winning that series was only academic.

At this point, the series can go either way, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if the Pens won. It should have never come to that, because we had the Cup in the bank.

Nothing was in the bank. Everyone knows that, especially in a 1 goal game, it's not over until that final buzzer goes. A loss is a loss and it sucks, but the Wings are good enough and have strong enough leadership to bounce back and take this in 6.

i cant believe sykora called himself scoring...its gonna be tough to win game 6, i still think we win everything though

It's pretty sad that a gimp like that scored the GWG, even though he was hurt the entire game.

I hope Hudler enjoyed his skate to the bench after that goal. He took a dumb penalty in the offensive zone, which he had no reason to take.

The Stars aren't even playing - go back to your own forums and talk about Fabian Brunnstrom and let us ***** and moan about not winning the Cup tonight.

The Stars aren't playing and Detroit is??? Mindblowing.

You guys were the better team and beat us, but I decided to stick around to watch this series...and when I see the difference here when you guys win and lose and call out somethings you guys get up in arms and im apparently a troll? Come on. There are more "red wing" fan trolls here than there ever will be from other teams. Hell, I'll give it like it is more than most here.

First off, who would have thought that Sykora would've actually scored after calling it?

Second, you can't blame the refs for that last goal. It was the right call. I would've been pissed if it was off one of those goalie interference calls.

That second line D-pair was just plain awful. Turnover after turnover-Stuart was an absolute wreck. Babs will have to address that. On the flip side, I was really impressed with Lebda tonight. He has really stepped up his game over these last few weeks.

This game came down to missed chances. We finally penetrate the slot (hey-o), and we end up missing the goal or misfiring. I can think of 7 times off the top of my head that the Cup should have been ours.

Bottom line, this is a veteran team. And as a veteran team, you know they can easily get past this. How many times have we come away from a loss like this thinking we were screwed, and then watched as we dominate the next game? Home or away, I have confidence that we will get this done.

Anyways, I have a good feeling that the Wings will come out running on all cylinders in game 6.

The problem is that a lot of you guys were also confident that the Wings would fire out of the box on all cylinders TONIGHT - smelling blood!!! It's just so inexplicable why these "seasoned veterans" so consistently have these brain farts in big games. And to think that they make millions to be unprepared.

I'm a huge Ozzie fan -- but that aint exactly saying much -- being team MVP for the Islanders is like being the leader of the lemmings...

Ozzie's best hockey was NOT in NY ...

be singing it to.

Aaaaaah, so now it's a matter of hypotheticals and what ifs.

Get real. Babcock could have whined and stamped his feet in round one after the second Predators win but he didn't. I can't say I've *EVER* encountered an instance where Babcock has. Hell, I don't even think anyone on the Avalanches' roster did when they were dealt similar losses.